Sign in to follow this  
Lois

Music modem

Music modem
In 1999, I sent an email Marilyn Manson and immediately after my modem began to play music very strange. I turned off the computer, but the music continued to sound. How to explain it?

Not enough info for me to speak to it.

Ask the right questions. The modem has been a speaker

Ask the right questions. The modem has been a speaker

Have you tried turning off or disconnecting the modem?

Two possibilities based on what I know so far:

Your modem have memory and it continues to play what was downloaded.

Your modem is maintaining the connection with with the site after you turn off the computer.

If you got an e-mail back and you read it it is possible that there was a hidden link in it and this is what streams the music.

Suggestion:  turn off and completely disconnect the modem - wait a few minutes, reconnect everything without turning on your computer and see what happens.  If no music plays then turn on your computer and see what happens.

If the music starts up again, whatever you connected or turned on is where the problem is.

Pay attention to the year when the event occurred. Then modems communicate over the provider calls and after termination of the relationship with the provider computer breaks. I'm not sure that there was a memory. Internet connection was not there. The music stopped when I de-energize the modem. No connection to the Internet was not there. Reverse the letter was not there.

You're telling me that magic is going on, are you?

This is a very indistinct! The music was monophonic, very monotonous, but very strange, like a fantasy. I believe that the Creator made a miracle.

This is a very indistinct! The music was monophonic, very monotonous, but very strange, like a fantasy. I believe that the Creator made a miracle.

Hehehe.  Okay.  Now we are getting closer to the truth.

But then, I don't believe in magic or miracles so that restricts my responses somewhat.

And what you said in the opening post could well be true, there is a definable explanation for it.  Some people start hearing music after they have had a damaged tooth filled.  There used to be a radio (I had one when I was a kid) that operated without any energy source.  Volume wasn't very loud but it was just a novelty.

And a 1999 modem really isn't all that long ago.  In the Army I was using the equivalent of a modem in 1958.  No, it wasn't called a modem and it was two individual pieces of equipment, a modulator and a converter but it performed the same function as today's modems.

Edited by Marblehead

Hehehe.  Okay.  Now we are getting closer to the truth.

But then, I don't believe in magic or miracles so that restricts my responses somewhat.

And what you said in the opening post could well be true, there is a definable explanation for it.  Some people start hearing music after they have had a damaged tooth filled.  There used to be a radio (I had one when I was a kid) that operated without any energy source.  Volume wasn't very loud but it was just a novelty.

And a 1999 modem really isn't all that long ago.  In the Army I was using the equivalent of a modem in 1958.  No, it wasn't called a modem and it was two individual pieces of equipment, a modulator and a converter but it performed the same function as today's modems.

In general, not difficult to understand why G-d did a miracle. Many believe Manson devil. It explains everything.

In general, not difficult to understand why G-d did a miracle. Many believe Manson devil. It explains everything.

Yeah, like I said, I don't believe in miracles, I don't believe in gods, I don't believe in devils but many believe in such things.

I do believe in modems though.

Ohhhh , I see   <goes off satisfied now that  everything is explained .  

:huh:

• Like 1

Many believing" doesn't make a thing true. MM is a caricature.

I remember some conspiracy dude going on about Rhiannon too  . 

thumb.jpg

angry-preacher.jpg

Sign in to follow this