Oneironaut

Anyone experienced enhanced sensory perceptions through qigong?

I'm noticing my senses "coming to life" through practicing reiki (I'm guessing reiki can fall under the category of qigong). In the past I've had conscious dreams which were more real than waking life itself and through reiki practice I've been experiencing these sensory enhancements on a very mild but noticeable level during my awake hours. It's given more life to life itself and it no longer has that numb deadened feel to it. Has anyone else experienced enhanced sensory perceptions through qigong? I'm only reiki 1 by the way. 

Edited by Oneironaut
  • Like 1

Not sure if it counts as a "sense", but internal alchemy is making me smarter and increasing my cognitive capacity. I used to struggle a bit with understanding philosophy, and now im devouring philosophy books like they were youtube vine compilations, hehe. And i have become able to solve and grind down to the root of a problem in no time motherfucker. Feels good, and im only at the kan and li stage. Still many tao goodies left.

Also i have a more "full" feeling in my body, and more amplified positive emotions, especially vital energy.

• Like 1

Yes, take a look at a street lamp at night. Notice the multiple layers of light, EMI, and EMR.

I know exactly what you mean.  It's a bit like what you can see when your eyes are full of tears and you look at the light.  You see the beams shining out 360 degrees, and if you play with your focus then the beams wil lengthen and shorten.

Now, light always looks like this.  It is my natural gaze.  I notice it the most with car headlights on a dark night.

I've also noticed that reflective things are more reflective.  If there is a puddle at the foot of a tree, I see two clear trees immediately.  It is my immediate impression; and I do not have to specifically look for the reflection to notice it.

This reminds me of a Zen proverb:

The birds are flying in the ocean

And the fish are swimming in the sky.

:)

I know exactly what you mean.  It's a bit like what you can see when your eyes are full of tears and you look at the light.  You see the beams shining out 360 degrees, and if you play with your focus then the beams wil lengthen and shorten.

Now, light always looks like this.  It is my natural gaze.  I notice it the most with car headlights on a dark night.

I've also noticed that reflective things are more reflective.  If there is a puddle at the foot of a tree, I see two clear trees immediately.  It is my immediate impression; and I do not have to specifically look for the reflection to notice it.

This reminds me of a Zen proverb:

The birds are flying in the ocean

And the fish are swimming in the sky.

:)

I'm not talking about the perception trick of changing focus, rather there are a few different layers of what comes out of a street light. There is the light, then there are electromagnetic fields coming off the ballast, and the EMF from the bulb. It's slightly different colors and almost looks like a layered dandelion puffs of light.

Another thing I've noticed is that I can hear when certain electronics are not working. I have hearing damage so I shouldn't be able to physically hear it. Some cell phone chargers sound like running water, others are a high pitched whine. I pay attention to microwave ovens sometimes, I can always tell if one is not working properly by its sound.

Also, thanks to some ridiculous experiments with dual cultivation I can always tell when my ex is having issues emotionally. It's really bloody annoying. She still contacts me sometimes.

Also, thanks to some ridiculous experiments with dual cultivation I can always tell when my ex is having issues emotionally. It's really bloody annoying. She still contacts me sometimes.

Is it like feeling her remotely?

I have the same thing with a woman who I love but who lives in a different country, but we never did any kind of practice.  It is just a natural connection that distance can't affect.

• Like 1

Is it like feeling her remotely?

Normally it's like a super intense flood of emotion out of nowhere that I can't figure out why until she contacts me. She only contacts me when she is having difficulty which is very frustrating, I'd happily rekindle that relationship but she just wants an energetic boost so she can feel better. Usually when she is having issues my heart kinda feels weird and sometimes I get sensations out to my pericardium meridian to my left hand. I can also "send" her energy.

• Like 1