GrandTrinity

Root Lock - anus chi drain in yoga

I tend to feel energy leak out my anus when I practice yoga unless its sealed up, anyone agree?

It is said that in any cultivation method one opens the orifices, clears the stagnancy within them. This makes sensations through the senses and orifices more sensitive, especially more succeptible to outside influences of heat and cold, and wind.

Keeping the root lock would hinder excessive leaking of energy. Fun Stuff!

Try keeping it locked as much as you can throughout the day...not with a tense hold, but a slight one.

^_^

Peace and Blessings,

Lin

i've felt that too i think.. it felt like a thin cool worm slithering out of my ass, haha. very strange sensation.

Okay this is too weird. I was in the middle of writing up a thread on energy leakage in light of SF Jane's posts (the tummo reiki and man love threads ) and watching one of Lin's videos. My tai chi instructor also said that tai chi is a series of pushing chi out and pulling chi in. Kind of expelling the toxic stuff and taking in the good energy. That having been said, how does one know when they are leaking energy and what can one do to help prevent it?

Brgs

i've felt that too i think.. it felt like a thin cool worm slithering out of my ass, haha. very strange sensation.

-_-

maybe you're being raped by spirits LOL

Okay this is too weird. I was in the middle of writing up a thread on energy leakage in light of SF Jane's posts (the tummo reiki and man love threads ) and watching one of Lin's videos. My tai chi instructor also said that tai chi is a series of pushing chi out and pulling chi in. Kind of expelling the toxic stuff and taking in the good energy. That having been said, how does one know when they are leaking energy and what can one do to help prevent it?

Brgs

There are some physical signs, but that is too broad...such as; space in between the fingers when the hand is open and the fingers are not separated. Dark circles under the eyes, fatigue.

Sensations in some areas are can point to weakness physically. Energetically being aware would require one to be mindful of the changes that occur moment ot moment. Some ay be subtle, others not.

A good way to tell is if when you wake up in the morning, you still feel tired.

Peace,

Lin

There are some physical signs, but that is too broad...such as; space in between the fingers when the hand is open and the fingers are not separated. Dark circles under the eyes, fatigue.

Sensations in some areas are can point to weakness physically. Energetically being aware would require one to be mindful of the changes that occur moment ot moment. Some ay be subtle, others not.

A good way to tell is if when you wake up in the morning, you still feel tired.

Peace,

Lin

Some days I have dark circles under my eyes and often still feel tired in the morning, but I think it's just from lack of sleep :P. What can one do to prevent leakage, or is it just a matter of trying to cultivate more energy faster than you lose it?

Some days I have dark circles under my eyes and often still feel tired in the morning, but I think it's just from lack of sleep :P. What can one do to prevent leakage, or is it just a matter of trying to cultivate more energy faster than you lose it?

Lack of sleep drains energy hahaha :P

Just calm your thinking, reactions to things, speech both fast and moderate speed, as well as constant chatter.

Attention splitting; giving your attention to many things at once drains the energy.

I made a short video specifically for it. Nothing great, but its something. I 'll do it again so its more clearer and less background noise.

XoD7Lix-O70

Peace,

Lin

P.S.- funny... "try not to leak out a lot, as little as possible..." hahaha sometimes I make myself laugh. I didn't say anything wrong, I just thought it was funny that I said it in that manner...hahaha

Edited by 林愛偉

The other side to this...

I think I'm still recovering~correcting from incorrect practice in which the perineum was seen as "bottom", which excluded the legs and earth.

I've made similar mistake where I "seal off" the lower abdomenal area in lower ab. breathing. I see the lower ab. now more as a train station: there might be more trains in it, but there are still trains coming and going.

...not with a tense hold, but a slight one.
My experience is that the slight hold like that, really almost just an attention thing that activates the tissue almost secondarily, does a lot to connect hui yin to the soles of the feet and earth, and the gravity of that connection pulls down heaven. A good thing, imo.

The other side to this...

I think I'm still recovering~correcting from incorrect practice in which the perineum was seen as "bottom", which excluded the legs and earth.

I've made similar mistake where I "seal off" the lower abdomenal area in lower ab. breathing. I see the lower ab. now more as a train station: there might be more trains in it, but there are still trains coming and going.

My experience is that the slight hold like that, really almost just an attention thing that activates the tissue almost secondarily, does a lot to connect hui yin to the soles of the feet and earth, and the gravity of that connection pulls down heaven. A good thing, imo.

Ya... a bit of mindfulness goes a long way actually. Slight stimulation is all that is needed really. Nothing intense.

Peace,

Lin

can you please explain the focus and importance of the dan tien?

i study and practice yoga, where the main practice is bringing the energy up the spine to the head.. but watching the video you made, it seems to be the complete opposite, bringing the energy down to the navel. why is that? are these 2 system contradictory?

can you please explain the focus and importance of the dan tien?

i study and practice yoga, where the main practice is bringing the energy up the spine to the head.. but watching the video you made, it seems to be the complete opposite, bringing the energy down to the navel. why is that? are these 2 system contradictory?

They aren't contradictory in the sense of using the same energy. But method is obviously for different results to an extent.

Making the energy rise is one manner of cultivation, but it will come down anyway. Focusing on the dantian just utilizes that energy that goes up, and works to change it. That is its function, it changes energy. Also, the change brings benefits to the body. When the body is clean from toxins, it's ability to function is not hindered. Thus mind is also unhindered.

It is two different practices, and it is utilizing same energy. What goes up will come down, relatively. So as to not cause too much pressure in the head, eyes, some cultivation brings the energy to the dantian. Gradually, one will be able to handle high vibrations of energy in the head.

There are practices in sitting cultivation which work for compression at all energy centers, bringing energy up the spine, nourishing everything along the way, and once it reaches the crown, one shouldn't let is shower over oneself and waste away. Direct it to the dantian at the naval for further cultivation.

In any manner, the energy will be circulating throughout the body. The Large Heavenly Circuit, Macro Cosmic Orbit, is constantly circulating. Focusing on it emphasizes the amount of energy there. If it were closed, one would die. If an energy center is closed, the person would be seriously ill. So its just that a person's energy is not highly vibrating in a certain area, and thus the sensation from that place is less obvious. But the term "Closed Meridian" was created, but it misleads.... just had to add that...lol

Peace,

Lin

Edited by 林愛偉