KenBrace

Moderation on TDBs

I was a mod when your "mentor" was banned, even though he was very careful to skirt on the edge of the rules by not targeting insults directly in the end the reality is that he was banned because everyone got sick of all his bullshit and all the drama he caused by repeatedly declaring that every other path and every other belief system apart from his own is garbage. The decision was made that the forum would be better off without it, and over time that decision has been proven absolutely correct and a good decision.

You can call that bias against the "Western MoPai" school if you like, but in reality it was personal and he was banned because he was a pain in the ass, simple as that, whether someone explicitly breaks the rules or not doesn't really matter if the people running the site feel the site would be better off without them they can ban them because they run the place. Fortunately those cases are rare.

But since then the mod team has completely changed so it really is paranoid to think that two different sets of mods would all have exactly the same bias.

This seems like a valid reason. If you own a forum and someone is disturbing the peace then kick them out. 

However, why not just be honest about this reason from the start?

Tell MPG that you he simply isn't fitting in and you'd appreciate it if he left. If he continued the same behavior then issue a ban. That's similar to the way I run the Neigong Forum. I'm open to any opinion as long as it is defended rationally. People who repeatedly post ridiculous non-sense without backing up their claims with evidence and logic are asked to step their behavior. If they continue then we ask them to leave. If they refuse to leave and continue the same behavior as before then they are suspended for trolling. If they come back and continue the trolling then they given a longer suspension. A further infraction upon return will result in a ban. Seems fair enough to me.

So why invent false rule violations?

Why not just handle it honestly?

Speaking of disturbing the peace, I try my best to avoid doing that here. I just think this whole ordeal could have played over more smoothly if it had been handled in an honest and straight-forward manor.

Cheers!

-Ken

• Like 1

It's been years, get over it already

Hehehe.  But he wasn't a part of it back then.  He was just sharing his thoughts.

• Like 2

This is becoming ever more paranoid. Please would you be so good as to explain why the Mod team on this forum would wish to censor and control dialog on mopai? You should note that this mopai thread is now 24 pages long.

afoot on the Dao Bums to "do down" those who practice and/or support mopai. As a member of the Dao Bums Mod Team I have not been made aware of any such conspiracy.

There is always the possibility that I am not in with the "in crowd" and have been kept in the dark. As you are so obviously in the know regarding this matter I would be obliged if you could elucidate the conspiratorial actions of my fellow Bums which have been directed against you and yours?

Please be so good as to also explain why the conspirators have failed so abysmally in their duties as to have allowed you to ramble on like a stuck record for so long?

"Please would you be so good as to explain why the Mod team on this forum would wish to censor and control dialog on mopai?"

Because it is a counterculture to the normal culture here on thetaobums,  most of the people here oppose it, when those people get into a position of power, they still oppose it.

"You are obviously of the opinion that there is a conspiracy"

Perhaps maybe you chose the wrong word in conspiracy, as it implies something done in secret.  Everything I am talking about is all out in the open. 

"There is always the possibility that I am not in with the "in crowd" and have been kept in the dark."

Seeing as you are directly involved, I don't find your attempt to feign ignorance humorous.

I will post more information in another post in this thread.

Edited by dayzhaze
  • Like 1

Hehehe. But he wasn't a part of it back then. He was just sharing his thoughts.

I'm pretty sure he was around and involved back then

• Like 2

I guess this is yet another troll thread I'm getting drawn in to, but this case was quite simple. Each member agrees to a code of conduct when they sign up, MPG thought he could get away with insulting everyone by not directing his insults directly at individuals, but he was still deemed to be breaching the code of conduct of the site through his behaviour, so he was banned. It's no more complicated than that. There was no invention of false rules or dishonesty.

• Like 4

I guess this is yet another troll thread I'm getting drawn in to, but this case was quite simple. Each member agrees to a code of conduct when they sign up, MPG thought he could get away with insulting everyone by not directing his insults directly at individuals, but he was still deemed to be breaching the code of conduct of the site through his behaviour, so he was banned. It's no more complicated than that. There was no invention of false rules or dishonesty.

Hi Jetsun,

My mentor and friend Morepie insulted the systems they practiced, not the people themselves, and therein lies the difference. He was not banned for breaking rules, he was banned because you and your group didn't like him.  Full stop.

Edited by dayzhaze
  • Like 3

http://thedaobums.com/topic/36715-narew-is-suspended-for-two-weeks/

The suspension is for multiple insults against the userbase, it ends on November 10th. (2014)

-Flolfolil

http://thedaobums.com/topic/36715-narew-is-suspended-for-two-weeks/page-2#entry589203

Narew is banned.  

I received a link to show his feeling of TTB.

It seems this board is not where he wants to be anyways.

-dawei

(note this link was on neigongforum.com not thetaobums.com)

http://thedaobums.com/topic/36715-narew-is-suspended-for-two-weeks/page-2#entry589269

So that members may make themselves aware of the reason for the ban here is a link to the thread which brought it about. http://neigongforum.com/threads/what-happened-on-tao-bums-the-ban.188/

-Chang

(note the words that upgraded his first suspension to a ban were located on another forum.)

You just banned someone for something they said on some other forum.

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure he was around and involved back then

Okay.  I don't want to appear to be taking sides so perhaps I will just read the posts and keep my mouth shut.

• Like 1

http://thedaobums.co...-2#entry529170

"I'm not pretending adept. I've bent over backwards to help people who are serious, and want something real to find it. Sadly it's mostly just apes flinging feces.

No dawei this isn't aimed at any TTB member, nor the community here."

This was in response to a personal attack on him, about him lying and pretending to help others. This earned him a month+ suspension, this according to him was his first suspension. He told a staff member off site, he would never say anything rude on thedaobums forum again, but he would create his own forum so he couldn't be censored by the biased moderation team any more. So as a result they upgraded his suspension to a ban.

• Like 2

Next up there have been several members of the mopai skype group to join this forum, and be instantly banned when they take up for morepie.   Many people on the other forum have requested alt accounts because they are worried if they say something critical over there they will be banned over here, as was Narew. But yet you pretend there is no problem. Disgusting!

Edited by dayzhaze
  • Like 1

Hi Jetsun,

My mentor and friend Morepie insulted the systems they practiced, not the people themselves, and therein lies the difference. He was not banned for breaking rules, he was banned because you and your group didn't like him.  Full stop.

Repeatedly trashing every other system and path because it didn't fit with his own narrowly defined belief system led to increasing conflict and argument, there was rarely any healthy debate and wasn't in the spirit of civil polite conduct as stipulated in the code of conduct. So he was banned. 

All this talk of groups is very paranoid. There are no groups, all you have a few people with different opinions and paths who volunteer their time to moderate. Then after a few months those people change out and new mods come in. 

• Like 2

Hi Jetsun,

Well, according to the rules, he shouldn't have insulted the systems they practiced: -

<snip>

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, spam, obscene, profane, threatens or incites violence, invasive of a person's privacy, nor of denigrating and/or erotically suggestive avatars, signatures, links and pictures, or otherwise violative of any law.

<snip>

http://thedaobums.com/topic/19575-forum-terms-rules/?p=276820

Note the use of the word abusive*.

* abusive

: using harsh and insulting language

: using or involving physical violence or emotional cruelty

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/abusive

• Like 2

Perhaps the Question should be.... why do so many practitioners of Mo Pai have such an aggressive attitude to those that wish to follow a different Path?

Why do so many of them feel that everyone else is out to get them?

Why do so many that actually practice the art, seem to get so sick / ill ?

If Mo Pai Nei Kung works for you, great, fantastic.

But it's not the only choice out there.

Everybody must choose a way for themselves.

Peace

• Like 4

Repeatedly trashing every other system and path because it didn't fit with his own narrowly defined belief system led to increasing conflict and argument, there was rarely any healthy debate and wasn't in the spirit of civil polite conduct as stipulated in the code of conduct. So he was banned. 

All this talk of groups is very paranoid. There are no groups, all you have a few people with different opinions and paths who volunteer their time to moderate. Then after a few months those people change out and new mods come in. 

By trashing you mean: "Where is the evidence, ok no evidence, not interested."

• Like 1

Well, according to the rules, he shouldn't have insulted the systems they practiced: -

Note the use of the word abusive*.

Simply saying you refuse to follow a system if there is no good evidence for it, is insulting to these people.  They go wild when you say that.

• Like 1

Perhaps the Question should be.... why do so many practitioners of Mo Pai have such an aggressive attitude to those that wish to follow a different Path?

Why do so many of them feel that everyone else is out to get them?

Why do so many that actually practice the art, seem to get so sick / ill ?

If Mo Pai Nei Kung works for you, great, fantastic.

But it's not the only choice out there.

Everybody must choose a way for themselves.

Peace

"But it's not the only choice out there."

Tummo is the only other path I've seen evidence for.  Everything else can be chalked up to placebo.

"Why do so many of them feel that everyone else is out to get them?"

The fact you can ask that question, proves to me you aren't paying attention in this thread.  A good portion of our group has been banned here for nothing more than taking up for Morepie,  Narew was banned here for something he said on neigongforum not here.  Morepie had his first and only suspension upgraded to a ban for saying he would create his own forum so they couldn't censor him anymore.   There are people on neigongforum that won't even speak honestly there on their own forum, because they have the same username here and are worried they will end up like Narew. How on earth can you even ask this question?

Edited by dayzhaze
  • Like 1

Simply saying you refuse to follow a system if there is no good evidence for it, is insulting to these people.  They go wild when you say that.

Then stop saying it here and go and say it on your own forum if you want to say it.

That's what I do... :)

Then stop saying it here and go and say it on your own forum if you want to say it.

That's what I do... :)

As I've already discussed with you, mostly I try only to open my mouth to defend my friend's names and community here.  For the most part I will stick the Skype group. 

• Like 1

As I've already discussed with you, mostly I try only to open my mouth to defend my friend's names and community here.  For the most part I will stick the Skype group. 

Viewing this an outsider, I can only reiterate that what you're doing here is an exercise in futility and entirely counterproductive.

Use your own forum or preferably real life to discuss what interests you (and Skype is an infinitely better alternative than a forum if you can't meet IRL).

Edited by gatito

So what are you trying to achieve? MPG says he doesn't want to come back here anyway (even though he obviously is back using a VPN or whatever). You have your own forums where you can discuss your path and trash everyone elses as much as you like.

If you have all the answers and have already found a superior system then why bother with a forum which is interested in discussion.

Nobody is going to be unbanned. Nobody is going to apologise for a correct decision. These issues are about two years old for gods sake, isn't it about time to let it go, how can you still be sore after two years?

• Like 2

"Please would you be so good as to explain why the Mod team on this forum would wish to censor and control dialog on mopai?"

Because it is a counterculture to the normal culture here on thetaobums,  most of the people here oppose it, when those people get into a position of power, they still oppose it.

We can only repeat this so many times.  Most people here don't have strong feelings about Mo Pai, its no more counter culture then most arts around here.  But some the practitioners tend to insult other arts, thus set up a cycle where people criticize there's.  That's the problem I see.  In my opinion the Panda guy exemplified this by going to random threads to tell them how ignorant there were.  Doing it on constant basis.  It created ire and people naturally piled on against him.  It wasn't Mo Pai it was his obnoxiousness. 

"You are obviously of the opinion that there is a conspiracy"

Perhaps maybe you chose the wrong word in conspiracy, as it implies something done in secret.  Everything I am talking about is all out in the open. 

"There is always the possibility that I am not in with the "in crowd" and have been kept in the dark."

Seeing as you are directly involved, I don't find your attempt to feign ignorance humorous.

I will post more information in another post in this thread.

There's no conspiracy other then politeness.  The 'in' crowd is pretty much everyone who shows respect for others and there arts.  Its not a hard clique to get into.  You don't have to agree, this site is about discussion and argument, but there's a line where  behavior becomes obnoxiousness and there is Mo Pai 'clique' that constantly passes over that line, imo. 

• Like 6