Sign in to follow this  
constrictedvoid

Hi, question relating to nocturnal emissions

Hi,

Apologies if this is inappropriate somehow. I literally joined this forum to ask this question, as Taoism seems to have been concerned with semen retention traditionally, and I didn't know a good other place to ask. 

I am attempting to practice semen retention, however, I am having very frequent nocturnal emissions. By very frequent, I mean roughly every other day(sometimes a bit less). I am looking for methods to prevent this from occurring. Interestingly, this spring, especially early spring, I was able to go two weeks without a nocturnal emission a few times, despite having much less regular bedtimes, and practicing less meditation. 

Methods I have already come across, and practice somewhat:

-Limiting fluid intake before bed

-Regular bedtimes, going to bed relatively early(around 22:00)

-No masturbation at all

-Keeping the bedroom at a reasonable temperature

-Male deer exercise

-Reverse kegels

-Attempting to not engage with lustful thoughts

-Meditation practice, I tend to do a mix of self inquiry and awareness of awareness 

-Inversion, handstands

-This yoga routine: 

So my first question is, have any of you found these methods to be helpful?

My more important question is, what other practices might you suggest? And what do you think my very frequent nocturnal emissions indicate? 

I notice a clear increase in overall vitality the longer I go without ejaculating, the best I've felt was when I reached two weeks earlier this year.

Thank you!

Hello and welcome.

You are accepted and we are glad to have you as a member.

This section is really only for introductions and your question would be better posted in Daoist Discussion. If you use the "Search" facility you will find many posts to study on the subject of semen retention and nocturnal emmisions. One point for you to ponder. You have told us what you are doing but have failed to disclose your reason for doing it. Just what is it that you hope to achieve?

Please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum terms and rules. This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Chang and the TTB team

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi & Welcome.

As Chang mentions, this is really just the area for Introducing Yourself to everyone here.

Kinda like knocking on the Front Door and telling us a little about yourself, once we've opened it.

Now step inside & make yourself at home. ^_^

Sign in to follow this