Jakara

Thunder Path

Hello to all! This is my first post here on thetaobums.

Id like to ask about the success of any "thunder path(s)" of daoism, buddhism etc. Ive been doing research for a while now and here is generally what ive found:

Daoism: We know the secrets, but we aren't telling you, good luck trying to crack our encrypted texts.

Buddhism: We know the secrets, here's what they are .... but you need the initiations, good luck finding a qualified teacher, let alone one in your country.

Kundalini: Do this stuff, it works, not quite sure why, but do it at your own peril, we cant be held liable for etc.

Magus of Java: Here's what you could achieve, if only you knew what I did.

So does anyone have a complete, orthodox and viable system thats accessible to the average person, doesn't cost $500 per hour, won't kill me, and that in the spirit of good will to all beings, they are willing to share with everyone? Im not looking for new powerful ways to do this, that and the other, simply an orthodox system that is traditionally used to shorten the time to enlightenment to one lifetime.

Jak

B) Why sure, I've got my fool proof enlightenment system right here. Just $495, its fast, easy and under your $500 dollar requirement. Guaranteed Enlightenment in this lifetime (though often its just before death).

Our Motto: You have nothing to lose, except your mind (&495)

Michael

Thanks for the replies so far. Only $495? - Bargain, do I get a free gift?

Ive heard interesting things about this Lama Dorje, can anyone verify any of the abilities that are associated with using such a path? Real abilities here, not just a funny feeling in the tummy.

Ive heard less about david shen, not that the hearsay of internet forums are authorative.

I have read many many threads on many forums, and thought Id make an actual appeal for the thing that many of us are searching for...

Id like to ask about the success of any "thunder path(s)" of daoism, buddhism etc. Ive been doing research for a while now and here is generally what ive found:

Daoism: We know the secrets, but we aren't telling you, good luck trying to crack our encrypted texts.

Buddhism: We know the secrets, here's what they are .... but you need the initiations, good luck finding a qualified teacher, let alone one in your country.

Kundalini: Do this stuff, it works, not quite sure why, but do it at your own peril, we cant be held liable for etc.

Magus of Java: Here's what you could achieve, if only you knew what I did.

So does anyone have a complete, orthodox and viable system thats accessible to the average person, doesn't cost $500 per hour, won't kill me, and that in the spirit of good will to all beings, they are willing to share with everyone? Im not looking for new powerful ways to do this, that and the other, simply an orthodox system that is traditionally used to shorten the time to enlightenment to one lifetime.

Jak

Well, these things aren't really cheap bling-bling that you can collect and put around your wrist. In reality, maybe 500$ per hour is way too little?

Mandrake

I was under the impression that spiritual traditions and teachings should be free? Or atleast non-profit, by all means claim travel expenses :-)

I guess trying to measure their worth in monetary value wouldnt be an easy thing to do, but that doesn't stop many so called "masters" from trying.

Its a little frustrating that the daoist systems seem to require no "initiation" whereas the tantric systems do, although very few people are allowed access to the daoist systems. What's the deal? Can the tantric systems be practiced without the initiations/empowerments?

For example Naropa's six yogas.

Jak

Many people claim to want this, but how many would be willing to put in the time and effort necassary even if they did find it? What is your idea of the "average" person?

P.S. Most say that the Magus of Java's path is Taoist.

i sure do wish it was like ancient china where you could walk onto a mountain and find daoists practicing. :/

Many people claim to want this, but how many would be willing to put in the time and effort necassary even if they did find it? What is your idea of the "average" person?

P.S. Most say that the Magus of Java's path is Taoist.

I agree, apathy can often take control, its usually enough to sort those who really want to do the practice and those who don't. I can't vouch for other people but I think if there were a system freely available with proven results then there would be a lot of adherents, i'd certainly be one of them. The problem is as always finding an authentic system.

When I say the average person I mean just an average person who genuinely wants to learn these practices with no non-sense.

Yes I think Chang says his system was daoist derived but he himself was not daoist. I think his system is a very small piece of the pie though so to speak. There must be many systems out there that aren't as martially focussed?

Hi Jak,

I've got the easiest yet hardest practice there is for you. Just spend four hours a day or more in stillness-emptiness meditation and you'll be enlightened in this very life time; I kid you not. No guarantees of course, but a very high degree of probability.

It's so easy because in a very real sense, there is nothing to do. And so hard, because doing and therefore thinking, is the greatest opiate of sentient beings. It's completely free, because the information is not worth a dime, as it is what you personally do - in terms of the great work - that is where the value lays, not some dusty text or esoteric tradition passed down in hushed whispers. You can purchase that stuff with enough cash and social connections, but even still, once you receive it, without the level of practice required from YOU and therefore, the discipline of application, it is worthless. And much of that stuff is just more wasted doing which simply satisfies the craving of the ego to be doing. And the greatest doing of all, is of the classified top-secret esoteric kind. A more direct path takes advantage of our basic ontology - our basic non-dual nature. Please see below.

Are you ready for it? The greatest open secret of all - open because even in plain sight, so few divine the truth of it: that it is all YOU baby; there is no secret per se that can grant us enlightenment, nor a transmission or initiation that can give it to us - we give it to ourselves - through hard work and persistence. The worth of any system is what we get out of it, not the system itself; and that worth is directly proportionate to the amount of disciplined application you put in, not the system per se. You literally generate the worth as you burn up the hours of disciplined practice. No easy short cuts, unfortunately. But if there is one, this is it, or variations on it. Here is one example. I mean the method - the practice - not the rest of it. But that too, to an extent. For the rest of the article is simply a reference to the non-dual, which is what we are; and setting down the separate sense of self is one powerful and traditional method of permanently realizing IT - assuming we do it often enough, thus, living it more and more - hence the work bit.

Please check out the link!

http://www.samadhihermitage.org/InstantLiberation.shtml

In kind regards,

Adam.

Jak

The Daoists and Buddhists look for the cultivation of the beings, not their money.

The marketing schee of some is to pay for their initiations. The initiations of some Buddhist practices are not actually 100% Buddha Dharma, and thus the beings claiming it may not be genuine. On the other hand, initiation ceremonie are only guidelines to strengthen one's resolve in their cultivation. By no means necessary, but may be necessary if the cultivator has the conditions to need the initiations.

Peace and Blessings,

Lin

I've got the easiest yet hardest practice there is for you. Just spend four hours a day or more in stillness-emptiness meditation and you'll be enlightened in this very life time; I kid you not. No guarantees of course, but a very high degree of probability.

This man speaks the truth

Buddhism was not for me, because I am incapable of following every precept.

Kundulini, Wicca, and Crowley's stuff made me crazy

Zen made me intense and fed my craziness

Tantra was fun but mostly practicing the occult naked, healing, but not a panacea

Tai Chi and Yoga were both excellent vehicles built and engineered well. but they were not enough.

Fire Path Taoism brought me close, like a building orgasm that does not quite release.

But a little book called Relaxing Into Your Being and the Water Method of Taoism saved my life.

The Inner Dissolving literally saved my body, my emotions and mind, in the nick of time.

Thanks to the sitting practices and Inner Dissolving I found a reason to live. I found clarity, inner stillness and completeness. The method of going inside was the hardest most challenging work of my entire life. But it worked. The material in that book and The Great Stillness took me every where I ever wanted to, and most importantly, it changed me in the process of healing me and I gained something I did not have going in. Self love. That is alchemy.

Edited by SFJane
  • Like 1

i've been seeking like yourself for a while and know how frustrating it is with all the initiations and charging of money. i found Advanced Yoga Practices to be the best system out there because it combines advanced practices that you'd normally pay for into an easy to read site. its all free and theres a forum with many smart experienced people. http://www.aypsite.org

There are also tantra lessons on there which I think you should definetely check out, sexual energy is very important in cultivation, so learning to use the sexual energy for your benefit instead of wasting it is very important.

i'm going to experiment with Kunlun, i ordered the book, although it says that a transmission is required i don't think thats true. transmissions just speed you up but a couple of months of intense practice will make up for it.

theres also a lot of interesting things to pick up from chi gung and daoist practices. 'standing like a tree' for example is a great exercise. i personally have taken things from yoga, daoism, Robert Bruce's NEW system (www.astraldynamics.com). i think that you should research different methods and pick out what works for you, some say mixing practices is bad but i disagree. there's only one human energy body and different things work for different people.

This man speaks the truth

Buddhism was not for me, because I am incapable of following every precept.

Kundulini, Wicca, and Crowley's stuff made me crazy

Zen made me intense and fed my craziness

Tantra was fun but mostly practicing the occult naked, healing, but not a panacea

Tai Chi and Yoga were both excellent vehicles built and engineered well. but they were not enough.

Fire Path Taoism brought me close, like a building orgasm that does not quite release.

But a little book called Relaxing Into Your Being and the Water Method of Taoism saved my life.

The Inner Dissolving literally saved my body, my emotions and mind, in the nick of time.

Thanks to the sitting practices and Inner Dissolving I found a reason to live. I found clarity, inner stillness and completeness. The method of going inside was the hardest most challenging work of my entire life. But it worked. The material in that book and The Great Stillness took me every where I ever wanted to, and most importantly, it changed me in the process of healing me and I gained something I did not have going in. Self love. That is alchemy.

It is not the practices that didn't do it, it was the mind practicing them. The mind didn't feel proper until it did.

Peace and Blessings,

Lin

Hi Jak,

Thanks for the advice. I agree, non-dualistic meditation forms the body of my daily practice. It really is priceless. I am however looking for the auxillary practice, that complements the non-dualistic meditation.

Take the excellent dzogchen text "Heart drops of dharmakaya" for example, it is pure non-dualistic meditation, but it has a chapter about auxillary yogic practices to speeden and compliment the pure meditation. It too however goes on about acquiring the necessary empowerments. Easy if you lived in tibet whent he text was written, just pop down to your local temple :-) but there are next to zero qualified teachers in the UK.

Emptiness everyday,

keeps fragmentation away.

oh man adam west, thanks a lot for the link!

i swear i'm going to try and do that this summer break. my 6 month vow will be over by then and i'll be free.

Why do you think there is a high degree of probability?

Take the excellent dzogchen text "Heart drops of dharmakaya" for example, it is pure non-dualistic meditation, but it has a chapter about auxillary yogic practices to speeden and compliment the pure meditation. It too however goes on about acquiring the necessary empowerments. Easy if you lived in tibet whent he text was written, just pop down to your local temple :-) but there are next to zero qualified teachers in the UK.

Actually, Loppon Tenzin Namdak Rinpoche was in Italy about ten days ago. If I remember right he`ll be visiting France as well. Also his student Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche teaches in Europe. I also remember that there was another student of Loppon in England this year.

i think there is a high chance of probability because it's essentially mimicking all of the elements that where in place when a good portion of all of the immortals or high leveled cultivators achieved in. it also consists of (if you read the article of 10 hours a day of meditation) i'd say roughly 200 hours of meditating. that is a giant catalyst.

Jakara,

Ive posted the same thread a while back on Thunder and Lightning paths but to no avail!

Kun lun i dont think is Thunder Path i could be mistaken but i think it isnt!!!

WYG

Jakara,

Ive posted the same thread a while back on Thunder and Lightning paths but to no avail!

Kun lun i dont think is Thunder Path i could be mistaken but i think it isnt!!!

WYG

Ah I see. I guess it was a long shot. Thanks for the replies so far. The best chance I think then is to pursue the 6 yogas of Naropa system and try to somehow get the empowerments? I choose this system because the claims have (to some extent) been verified by harvard university: http://www.hno.harvard.edu/gazette/2002/04.18/09-tummo.html as well as having a large following.

Does anyone know if empowerments/initiations are absolutely essential, as in you literally cannot do the practice with any success without them, or are they just highly recommended?

Ah I see. I guess it was a long shot. Thanks for the replies so far. The best chance I think then is to pursue the 6 yogas of Naropa system and try to somehow get the empowerments? I choose this system because the claims have (to some extent) been verified by harvard university: http://www.hno.harvard.edu/gazette/2002/04.18/09-tummo.html as well as having a large following.

Does anyone know if empowerments/initiations are absolutely essential, as in you literally cannot do the practice with any success without them, or are they just highly recommended?

Initiation ceremonies raise one's energy level a bit hgiher, making it easier ot anchor in the energy they are pulling in, becoming aware of. Thus making it easier to anchor the teaching sfor the level of energy.

Its a big push for the time , but if one does nothing with it afterwards, it is useless, until the energy has been cultivated again.

Peace,

Lin

I rely on full-lotus -- throughout the day, as much as possible. Let's face it -- most people's consciousness is still subconsciously focused in the lower half of their body. So the vitality or chi is never created. The full-lotus sublimates the yin energy (shakti) to combine with the yang energy (shiva) to create the formless awareness. As "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality" states -- emptiness that does not radiate is relative and not real.

Simply using mind yoga does not properly sublimate the generative force of the body (which is the foundation for creating true formless awareness).

The full-lotus automatically reharmonizes the formless awareness so that it is constantly radiating through the third eye.

So we can constantly give energy to people while also reharmonizing their subconscious projections or loss of vitality.