CrunchyChocolate555

Bad luck with money.

Hey guys,

I have not posted here in a long time. I need some advice.

For a long time I had been having “inner” problems which seemed impossible to resolve. I was having many problems of all kinds. Through many years of hard work I have finally resolved most of them and I can honestly say that I lead a very happy and fulfilled life in almost all areas, except one.

I guess most people would wish to have a problem this “simple”, but for me it seems like the most complicated thing in the world, and despite a month of daily consistent hard work and pushing myself out of my comfort zone constantly, saying yes, taking risks and looking for new opportunities, I have little to no results to show for it.

Basically, I am a body worker and talk therapist (I do not have a degree in psychology, I use a method I learned from working with indigenous traditions). I have two degrees in massage therapy.

I want to start my own business, but I am several k in debt and cannot seem to raise enough capital to get launched or even just rent a room. Furthermore, I do not know anyone who would be interested in lending me money and from those that would, they have already lent me so much I could not ask for more.

I don’t mind temporarily working for another business at a lower pay to raise cash but so far I have not received any answers to any of my applications spanning daily attempts and careful monitoring of ads.

I had previously worked for a few places, one of which I worked for the better part of the year and closed down due to not paying their employees.

The thing is, I am totally confident in my ability to do my job well and earn an adequate compensation. I’m really good at what I do, but no one really knows me in this area. I have this great gift to give to the world, but no one is giving me a chance, and I am sinking from the weight of having to pay bills and well, food, so I don’t end up on the streets.

Tomorrow I am meeting again with some renters on the possibility of renting a room 2 days out of the week to work in, but I also have to pay a renewal association and insurance fee (to be able to issue insurance receipts), so that’s at least 500$ I have to put down just to start working.

I already asked for a 2-week delay for my first payment but it looks like I may have no choice but to be upfront tomorrow and tell the renter that I do not have the money.

I’m doing everything I can not to give up, but the weight of it is crushing me more and more and even though I am ignoring it, it is reducing my productivity. Part of me is starting to doubt whether I am on the right path.

I seem to be doing everything right, but I am not getting any of the responses or doors opened despite all my attempts. There's not much more I can do save barge into somewhere and demand work, but I can't do that!  It kinda feels like the Universe has left me hanging on this one area of my life. I know that's a real "victim mentality" that won't get anyone anywhere but that's what it is right now.

I want to be able to direct the energy that I have in the right places, instead of going in circles in frustration. I don’t know if I should be patient or to try harder.

If any of you bums have any advice, I will kindly appreciate it. This is pretty much my last line of inquiry before I either run away and live on a hill-top somewhere, or just start completely rethinking my life and what the fuck I am doing here.

• Like 1

Hi CrunchyChocolate555,

Sorry to hear about your money problems.

I am not really good at counselling people about work strategies.

One little thing I can say however is that the obstacles you are encountering may also have to do with the Feng Shui of your home.

It might be good to have this checked.

I am very busy now and for the weeks to come. But, even it is not the best way to proceed, I can have a look at it if you send me the floorplan of your home (at scale) and some others details through PM.

Take care

• Like 3

Hi bubbles,

That may indeed be part of the problem, not only the house (which is not mine), but also the people I live with, who are very negative and "poverty minded" people. They are however kind enough to allow me a place to stay, and I do not have anywhere else I can go for the moment.

Hi CrunchyChocolate555,

Sorry to hear about your money problems.

I am not really good at counselling people about work strategies.

One little thing I can say however is that the obstacles you are encountering may also have to do with the Feng Shui of your home.

It might be good to have this checked.

I am very busy now and for the weeks to come. But, even it is not the best way to proceed, I can have a look at it if you send me the floorplan of your home (at scale) and some others details through PM.

Take care

Edited by CrunchyChocolate555
  • Like 2

"The mind can only measure what it will lose; it cannot measure what it will gain." ~ Kyle Cease

Edited by C T
  • Like 3

1) You are comfortable asking for work, but not money (ultimately from the Universe/yourself). Note that work is not money. And also how you say you have this great "gift to give to the world" - where by definition, gifts are given freely. So, you are getting what you've been comfortable asking for. In fact, it's even getting to the point where you now have to pay...for the privilege to work ("that’s at least 500$ I have to put down just to start working")! Since you specifically want WORK (and hard work, at that) so dang bad! :lol:

2) Because you associate money with bad luck. So to avoid bad luck, you must avoid money (but not work)! Ergo Houston, we have your problem...

3) But your "bad luck" is not from money, it is from your fear of your authentic Self rising in profile. Thus, you are more comfortable sinking back down into obscurity.

4) Try using more of your own techniques on...yourself, then.

Edited by gendao
  • Like 4

I think for your kind of therapeutic work its very common to start by offering appointments on only one day a week or even half of one day. The rest of the time you work on a more steady salary. Just focus your efforts on getting a job. The therapy must go on the backburner for a while longer. When the time comes try and find a room that can be rented by the hour or by the day. Health centres often have these, especially alternative health centres.

• Like 4

Money is an energy stream.

Energy is never stagnant

So the money stream must be dynamic

Trying to save money is like trying to lock up your Qi only in the lower Tan Tien-

It must circulate however

So if you do not circulate the money stream, - consciously and deliberately = it will do so on it's own- which will be uncontrolled by you

So I wish you, Good Qi brother :)

• Like 2

life happens.

crap happens.

i've found the best way to move on

is to have a plan b and c available. 

CC555, you've got real skills.  Sooner or later you'll find the right place to put them to use. 

• Like 2

This might sound crazy but... money is water is kidneys is ears. If you start a rigorous, vigorous, daily routine of ear massaging, you may well find solutions to your money concerns begin to appear. I think what happens is, you become a better antenna for opportunities, you hear them knocking on the door. They're always knocking, but we don't always hear, because we're distracted.

It's worked for me in the past.

It's pretty easy (if painful) to do, but it requires dedication. I can give you some specific techniques, if you're interested.

• Like 5

Thanyou

Hey guys,

I have not posted here in a long time. I need some advice.

For a long time I had been having “inner” problems which seemed impossible to resolve. I was having many problems of all kinds. Through many years of hard work I have finally resolved most of them and I can honestly say that I lead a very happy and fulfilled life in almost all areas, except one.

I guess most people would wish to have a problem this “simple”, but for me it seems like the most complicated thing in the world, and despite a month of daily consistent hard work and pushing myself out of my comfort zone constantly, saying yes, taking risks and looking for new opportunities, I have little to no results to show for it.

Basically, I am a body worker and talk therapist (I do not have a degree in psychology, I use a method I learned from working with indigenous traditions). I have two degrees in massage therapy.

I want to start my own business, but I am several k in debt and cannot seem to raise enough capital to get launched or even just rent a room. Furthermore, I do not know anyone who would be interested in lending me money and from those that would, they have already lent me so much I could not ask for more.

I don’t mind temporarily working for another business at a lower pay to raise cash but so far I have not received any answers to any of my applications spanning daily attempts and careful monitoring of ads.

I had previously worked for a few places, one of which I worked for the better part of the year and closed down due to not paying their employees.

The thing is, I am totally confident in my ability to do my job well and earn an adequate compensation. I’m really good at what I do, but no one really knows me in this area. I have this great gift to give to the world, but no one is giving me a chance, and I am sinking from the weight of having to pay bills and well, food, so I don’t end up on the streets.

Tomorrow I am meeting again with some renters on the possibility of renting a room 2 days out of the week to work in, but I also have to pay a renewal association and insurance fee (to be able to issue insurance receipts), so that’s at least 500$ I have to put down just to start working.

I already asked for a 2-week delay for my first payment but it looks like I may have no choice but to be upfront tomorrow and tell the renter that I do not have the money.

I’m doing everything I can not to give up, but the weight of it is crushing me more and more and even though I am ignoring it, it is reducing my productivity. Part of me is starting to doubt whether I am on the right path.

I seem to be doing everything right, but I am not getting any of the responses or doors opened despite all my attempts. There's not much more I can do save barge into somewhere and demand work, but I can't do that!  It kinda feels like the Universe has left me hanging on this one area of my life. I know that's a real "victim mentality" that won't get anyone anywhere but that's what it is right now.

I want to be able to direct the energy that I have in the right places, instead of going in circles in frustration. I don’t know if I should be patient or to try harder.

If any of you bums have any advice, I will kindly appreciate it. This is pretty much my last line of inquiry before I either run away and live on a hill-top somewhere, or just start completely rethinking my life and what the fuck I am doing here.

Thankyou CrunchyChocolate555,

Maybe it is possible to provide home visit for your massage service.

Often travel when physically unwell is cumbersome and painful.

Control what is under your influence,being yourself,learn/glean what you can from your current experience,it may serve you well when things change as they will.

• Like 1

Thank you everybody for the awesome advice.

I did the only thing that I could do; push on. I am putting all my love and effort into making this happy going by the motto of "do or die", and it is indeed moving forward. Perhaps not in the way or at the pace I would have liked to, but it is moving forward and so am I.

soaring crane; yes I am willing to try that!

• Like 1

Go back to school. Find the cheapest online college you can, and borrow as much as you can for living expenses. Take as few courses as possible and invest all extra money in your business. If you are interested in this plan, let me know, I can provide more detail.

• Like 1

This might sound crazy but... money is water is kidneys is ears. If you start a rigorous, vigorous, daily routine of ear massaging, you may well find solutions to your money concerns begin to appear. I think what happens is, you become a better antenna for opportunities, you hear them knocking on the door. They're always knocking, but we don't always hear, because we're distracted.

It's worked for me in the past.

It's pretty easy (if painful) to do, but it requires dedication. I can give you some specific techniques, if you're interested.

Yes, what are the specific techniques for this?

Massaging the ears for bringing good fortune ... This is a pretty easy practice, and it really works, but I realize now that it'll take a lot of writing to truly cover all the details, so this is just an outline:

First, be in a state of mind conducive to this kind of thing. We all have our idiosyncracies in this area, so I'm going to avoid getting into prep and finishing work. One tip though: this is good to do right away upon waking up, while still in bed.

Warm the hands and the rub the ears in a general way, vigourously, make them warm, hot They should be glowing red when you finish.

Massage the ears between thumb/forefinger (up and down the outer ear, and also the lobes). Massage and knead them hard. If you fiind a painful spot, knead it longer and harder. Pull on the ears, and try cupping them between the fingers and pulling on the roots, like you're trying to pull them off your head (don't pull that hard).

Flick your fingers along the outer ear. You can use the middle fingers. Flick from top to bottom and bottom to top. Up and down, up and down. This hurts a lot. Alternatively, you can use the ring, middle and index fingers. The ring finger will at the top, the index finger at the bottom and the middle finger in the middle (good finger exercise). Do this till the ears are almost numb, or your fingers are worn out. 

Now fan the ears from back to front. This is a little difficult to describe, I'm thinking of making a video. 

Now you cup your hands over your ears, pushing the little cartilage "stopper" (I know it has a proper name, but I can't think of it at the moment) into the earhole. Hold the ears shut, feel the pressure in there. Then quickly release the hands, and release the pressure. There could be an audible pop when you do this. Champagne cork-style.  I know a few different techniques but get the best results when I use the balls of my thumbs (fire point on the lung meridian) to seal the earholes, with my fingers on the back of my head. Do this at least three times and better nine times. Take a big inhale before sealing the ears, and exhale while sealing them. Hold until the exhale is complete (exhale slowly) and inhale when you release the pressure.

Ok ... almost done with the physical work. The last stage is beating the heavenly drum. Easy version: seal the ears with the palms as before and use the index and middle fingers to "drum" the back of the skull. It sounds deep and booming inside the brain. There are youtube videos showing various techniques. You can time this with breaths. Take a big inhale and beat the drum for the duration of the exhale. Exhale slowly. Do at least three breaths, and of course nine breaths would be optimal.

Have to wrap this up .... to finish, cover the eyes with the hands and begin to listen. Listen at first to your immediate surroundings. Then send the "ears" out a little further, maybe through the walls of your room into the rest of the house, or to the garden. Listen for little details. Then send them out further, listen to your neighborhood, or village, then send them out further, listen to the mountains, listen to the horizon, listen to the atmosphere, to the stars... send your ears out to the universe... like a tremendous antenna system picking up very fine signals ... then (this is one way I learned to finish this, but not everyone likes it) ... suddenly shift your focus to your eyes, still closed, behind your warm hands.... suck all that energy from the universe very quickly inward, you might even hear a sucking sound, or see a light flash, or both, or something else ... Observe the darkness for a few moments and open the eyes behind the hands... open the hands, like curtains being drawn ... view the world like you're viewing it for the first time, passive ... guide the hands to the kidneys and hold them there for a good minute or two ... close the lower dantian area, etc

You have to do this almost religiously, at least once a day and better two or even three times. Don't think about money, just do the ear massage and enjoy it. It's a very healthy practice regardless of your bank account.

Baolin Wu describes something similar in his qigong book (which is excellent, btw), but I learned it originally from one of my qigong teacher trainers. There are many ways to modify it.

• Like 7