Sign in to follow this  
4bsolute

Hearing two different non physical sounds on each side of the head

Meditation and increased awareness of thought, keeping concentration in the chest and interupting all thought mid-sentence by not listening to them further

Has brought up two different, non-physical sounds on each side of my head

On the left side, around and a little bit above the right (or aswell in the head at that region) I hear sounds that vary in tones and could easily be described in their totality as wind-chimes

On the right side, around the same area - I hear static. The usual electric audible sound you hear when your energy levels have increased from the normal "human low" to a bit more refined

When I am in my thoughs or in my lower tan tien, I dont hear them. When I am really consciously in my tan tien area or letting my awareness slide, like right now during typing, I hear them.

Both simultaneously

And I have also checked and confirmed yesterday, that I could hear regular physical sound, such as music and actually hear this sound "ontop" or "through" it

Male and female energy quality in audible form?

Do you have a similar self-experience?

Edited by 4bsolute

white noise causes auditory hallucinations or rather bridges directly to your subconscious. Thanks for mentioning this - the music should reveal a link to your subconscious thoughts. It's called the Haunting Melody by Theodore Reik - the tune should reveal subconscious meaning if you remember the lyrics.

But wind chimes is a natural harmonics and so indicates that your kidney energy is increasing - that's why you don't hear it when you focus on your lower tan tien to increase your kidney energy.

The difference in sound based on side is described in taoist alchemy - maybe someone can link the details.

I think it's in Taoist Yoga alchemy and immortality book.

But it depends on your level - what you're describing - is probably just like with musicians they are more left brain dominant when listening to sound and so hear sound differently.

But when listening to sound generally it activates the visual cortex as right brain dominance.

But for example musicians have their language center activated. Wernicke's Area.

So if it's the right side Wernicke's Area - this is heard as a literal voice internally - and so early neuroscience ascribed that to schizoid hallucinations or as the cause of people's god visions in early civilization.

But in actuality the left side Wernicke area for language is also activated by music.

So just keep building up your kidney energy and then when you hear stuff otherwise - just remind yourself that the Yuan Qi is the source of the energy - and that is an eternal listening process that is silent - what is called Mouna Samadhi.

• Like 1

I have this since some years, but I became sensitive to it when having first sighns of kundalini awakening. It can become very loud sometimes. Hissing sound. From what I know it's common in kundalini cases, I heard friends who have active kundalini from my sangha talking abut it. Don't know what is it - maybe movement of kundalini? I've heard it very loudly when there was a lot of movement of energy in the body, sometimes as if a wind blowing between your ears and you can't tell weather it is storm outside or it is just in your head. But I can't tell what is it exactly. From your recent posts I can tell that you have some kind of activity of kundalini, stiring of energy, probably you will experience different bodily or spiritual phenomenas in comming weeks, days. In this time it can be beneficial to ajust your diet and to meet some spiritual teachers. Talking to them or just going to some meditation centers where they just meditate with students. It can answer your questions. Spending time in these vibrations also makes miracles.

Edited by Kubba

white noise causes auditory hallucinations or rather bridges directly to your subconscious. Thanks for mentioning this - the music should reveal a link to your subconscious thoughts. It's called the Haunting Melody by Theodore Reik - the tune should reveal subconscious meaning if you remember the lyrics.

But wind chimes is a natural harmonics and so indicates that your kidney energy is increasing - that's why you don't hear it when you focus on your lower tan tien to increase your kidney energy.

The difference in sound based on side is described in taoist alchemy - maybe someone can link the details.

I think it's in Taoist Yoga alchemy and immortality book.

But it depends on your level - what you're describing - is probably just like with musicians they are more left brain dominant when listening to sound and so hear sound differently.

But when listening to sound generally it activates the visual cortex as right brain dominance.

But for example musicians have their language center activated. Wernicke's Area.

So if it's the right side Wernicke's Area - this is heard as a literal voice internally - and so early neuroscience ascribed that to schizoid hallucinations or as the cause of people's god visions in early civilization.

But in actuality the left side Wernicke area for language is also activated by music.

So just keep building up your kidney energy and then when you hear stuff otherwise - just remind yourself that the Yuan Qi is the source of the energy - and that is an eternal listening process that is silent - what is called Mouna Samadhi.

My pleasure. Yes, I do not further pay attention to these processes, I just notice them on the fly deeper into Spiritual Heart and Silence

Btw that was actually the reason why I have contacted you, if you have any further information on what is known as the spiritual heart / inner heart / hridaya - source of stream of consciousness into this human existance

Since this part of me has awoken back into my consciousness, no matter what I do I always come back to it, since the experiencing with nature were so profound and the energy of feeling this light / life energy pouring out of my chest and flowing up my the upper body and neck was so - out of this world

From these moments on I knew what the meaning of "mystical" and "holy" truly meant. Before they were just words of some sort of greater meaning, but with not real life experience attached to them. Birds making attempts to land on me... singing songs so utterly new to my hearing, tho I am constantly outdoors since childhood... feeling how this energy holds off all cold during an experience last winter and then "losing" it and not finding it again, personality comes back and until that - just the recognition of That very fact of how thought and personality act as a block of the outpouring of that energy - more than one year has now passed

it's like wearing glasses on one's nose and asking where are ones glasses

Edited by 4bsolute

My pleasure. Yes, I do not further pay attention to these processes, I just notice them on the fly deeper into Spiritual Heart and Silence

Btw that was actually the reason why I have contacted you, if you have any further information on what is known as the spiritual heart / inner heart / hridaya - source of stream of consciousness into this human existance

Since this part of me has awoken back into my consciousness, no matter what I do I always come back to it, since the experiencing with nature were so profound and the energy of feeling this light / life energy pouring out of my chest and flowing up my the upper body and neck was so - out of this world

From these moments on I knew what the meaning of "mystical" and "holy" truly meant. Before they were just words of some sort of greater meaning, but with not real life experience attached to them. Birds making attempts to land on me... singing songs so utterly new to my hearing, tho I am constantly outdoors since childhood... feeling how this energy holds off all cold during an experience last winter and then "losing" it and not finding it again, personality comes back and until that - just the recognition of That very fact of how thought and personality act as a block of the outpouring of that energy - more than one year has now passed

it's like wearing glasses on one's nose and asking where are ones glasses

You mention also hearing the loud noise from DMT - I too heard a "gun shot" - when the pineal gland cracked open and the heart kicked up. Later the heart spontaneously emitted a loud OHM sound.

The gun shot sound is the vacuum of water collapsing - that is the sonofusion alchemy.

So the "silence" is the vacuum created by the kundalini shooting up the spine from the DMT in the stomach not getting degraded by the MAOI - or if you smoked it just direct dmt cracking open the pineal gland  molecules.

TAoist yoga says how there is the tiger's roar - and hum I can't remember specifics - dragon hum or something. The gist is that one ear is Yuan Shen and the other ear is Yuan Qi.

But the silence is that vacuum I'm talking about and the gun shot is the collapse of the vacuum creating the light sonofusion - check out the pistol shrimp videos I linked on my blog - same thing.

So Mouna Samadhi - is focusing on the Emptiness as this vacuum energy or zero point energy.

You mention also hearing the loud noise from DMT - I too heard a "gun shot" - when the pineal gland cracked open and the heart kicked up. Later the heart spontaneously emitted a loud OHM sound.

The gun shot sound is the vacuum of water collapsing - that is the sonofusion alchemy.

So the "silence" is the vacuum created by the kundalini shooting up the spine from the DMT in the stomach not getting degraded by the MAOI - or if you smoked it just direct dmt cracking open the pineal gland  molecules.

TAoist yoga says how there is the tiger's roar - and hum I can't remember specifics - dragon hum or something. The gist is that one ear is Yuan Shen and the other ear is Yuan Qi.

But the silence is that vacuum I'm talking about and the gun shot is the collapse of the vacuum creating the light sonofusion - check out the pistol shrimp videos I linked on my blog - same thing.

So Mouna Samadhi - is focusing on the Emptiness as this vacuum energy or zero point energy.

Oh how often did I do the same? Feeding my mind and it felt so beautiful and wonderful and mysterious. The excitement, the feeling of being "more", the emotions

And then meditation back on the ground, all concepts, all fantasies and ideas disappear. You are where you have left off, in your real and personal evolution towards Tao/God, linearly, in this body. Regardless of having realized the Source in this moment or not, you are still [here] .

Yes, release everything. Let everything collapse to the most primordial state. In which all energy and all wisdom is contained. You dont neccesarily need to puzzle it together, from your personal human mind. You can of course, if you so desire. But you can also realize yourself as the Source and then understand your mind, which leads then to creation in perfection - for you remain in the center at all time. False personality, is off center, doomed to fail

Transcend the mind, for a moment in your life, with practices such as Shikantaza and create from there, as all Life.

Edited by 4bsolute

There is Nadi Yoga, an entire practice focused on becoming able to hear sounds and then listening to them while in meditation. 

• Like 1

There is Nadi Yoga, an entire practice focused on becoming able to hear sounds and then listening to them while in meditation. 

I tried to google Nadi Yoga and just got references to yoga and nadi's in general, do you have any specific references?

From Merging With Shiva, a free book available online at

http://www.himalayanacademy.com/view/merging-with-siva

Thursday

LESSON 263

An Exercise in Energy Balance

Control of the prâ∫a is also guided through nutrition. Food and air contain a great deal of prâ∫a. Prâ∫a is transferred from one person to another, from a person to a plant, from a plant to a person. It is the life of the world of form. We should eat types of food that contain flow awareness in the world of thought. The vibration of certain thoughts upsets the nerve system of this physical-body temple. Also, be careful of the people that you mix with, so that their awareness and vibrations do not pull your awareness into unwholesome areas and the vibrations of their aura do not affect your temple. This is extremely important to ob- serve, especially during the first few years of unfoldment.

When we are in ideal surroundings, in the shrine room of our own home, we can bal- ance the passive and active currents of the body—the i∂â and piˆgalâ forces. First, do this simple prâ∫âyâma. Breathe easily, in and out, in an even rhythm, say, four heartbeats to the inhalation and four heartbeats to the exhalation. This steady rhythm will soon begin to balance the i∂â and piˆgalâ.

As the piˆgalâ force becomes quieted and regulated, you will hear a ringing about an inch above the right ear. This is the sound of the nerve current of the piˆgalâ nâ∂î. And as the i∂â force becomes quieted and regulated, you will hear a ringing about an inch above the left ear. This is the nerve sound of the i∂â nâ∂î, slightly different from the tone of the piˆgalâ nâ∂î. The direction of energy flow in the piˆgalâ nâ∂î is up, whereas the i∂â nâ∂î flows downward. When the energy in the two nâ∂îs is balanced, a circle is formed, creating a force field in which the sushum∫â nâ∂î is regulated.

Now, to bring the sushum∫â force into power, listen to both tones simultaneously. It may take you about five minutes to hear both tones at the same time. Next, follow both tonal vibrations from the ears into the center of the cranium, where they will meet and blend into a slightly different sound, as two notes, say, a “C” and an “E,” blend into a chord. The energy of the nâ∂îs is then flowing in a circle, and you will enter the golden yellow light of the sushum∫â current. Play with this light and bask in its radiance, for in it is your bloom. The unfoldment pro- gresses from a golden yellow to a clear white light. Should you see a blue light, know that you are in the piˆgalâ current. If you see a pink light, that is the color of the i∂â. Just disregard them and seek for the white light in the tone of the combined currents until finally you do not hear the tone anymore and you burst into the clear white light. Thus you enter savikalpa samâdhi—samâdhi with seed, or consciousness, which is the culmination of this particular practice of contemplation.

After doing this for a period of time, you will find that you lose interest in the exterior world. It will seem transparent and unreal to you. When this happens, you have to learn to bring your consciousness back through meditation, deliberately into the processes of inner knowing and thought, and back into the exterior world through concentration. It requires a deliberate concentration then to make the exterior world seem real again to you.

Now is the time for devotees who have worked diligently in concentration and meditation and in clearing up personal problems to enjoy their yoga and be happy in their attainments, to enjoy the bliss that is their heritage on Earth.

Friday

LESSON 264 The High “eee” Sound

Within the quantum level of consciousness there origi- nates a vibration, a steady vibration, that can be heard with the inner ear as a high-pitched “eeeee,” as if a thousand vî∫âs were playing, as if all the nerve currents in the astral body, physical body and the body of the soul were singing in harmony. It is a divine combination of the i∂â and piˆgalâ tones blended together in the sushum∫â. Each lineage of gurus has embedded within the psyche of tradition a certain combination of sounds, and listening to this mystic sound holds all devotees close to their sat- guru and all those who preceded him. It is also said that when one is in another birth, the sound is the same, and this will eventually lead the aspirant back to his spiritual lineage. Listening to the nâda, as it is called in Sanskrit, or nâda-nâ∂î ßakti, brings the threshold of bliss and shows that the balance of all karmas has been attained. Listening to the nâda and tracing it into its source carries the seeker’s awareness to the brink of the Absolute. There are today mystical orders that do noth- ing but listen to the nâda while looking at and enjoying the darshan of their guru’s picture.

Many sincere seekers wonder why they cannot hear eeeeee,” the nâda, during their meditation, whereas others not only hear it during meditation but during the day when talking, shopping or just meandering through the garden. This is to say, it is there when awareness enters that area of the mind. The mind has to be made empty. That means resolving all unresolved conflicts within the subconscious. The striving to hear the nâda will bring up unresolved issues. They may plague the conscious mind until resolved. At first you might disregard them and feel they will go away as abruptly as they came. But later, when they persist, and the major one is deception—yes, we can even deceive ourselves—we are inwardly forced to face up to, admit our secrets and make amends. When deception goes, the nâda comes. When the subconscious is heavy, the nâda and the brilliant colors it radiates fade. Failure on the path puts the nâda out of range of the inner ear of the soul.

The mystical nâda, it’s a medley of sounds, and each sound which is there has a color, but may be covered, as is the light of the mind of the soul, the clear white light. It is covered, but not permanently. Admittance of the mistakes, the experience of repentance and the performance of penance, called prâyaß- chitta, lay the foundation for a reconciliation that will release the force of lower nature into the higher and uncloud the veil that hid the inner light, that hid the nâda—that incomprehensible high-pitched “eee,” sounding within the head, that incomparable source of inner security, contentment and outpouring of love. When you hear the nâda, endeavor to project it in love’s outpouring to all those who are in your orbit of communication.

They will feel the blessings when your divine love is projected through your nâda into their nâda. This is the height of selfless consciousness, uni- versal love, a constant, mystical outpouring and experience of oneness. The sushum∫â is nâda and more. Nâda ßakti is. It just is.

Saturday

LESSON 265 Ku∫∂alinî, the Spiritual Force

Ha†ha yoga (ha-piˆgalâ and †ha-i∂â) balances the two forces, the i∂â and the piˆgalâ. The straight, erect spine releases the actinodic flow of the sushum∫â current. The mind centered in the contemplative atmosphere, cognizing timelessness, causelessness, spacelessness while sitting in the lotus position, awakens the pineal and pituitary centers, and the door of Brahman at the top of the head.

The force of the actinodic causal body, the sheath of cognition, vijñânamaya koßa, a pure actinic force running through the sushum∫â current, is called the ku∫∂alinî. As this ku∫∂alinî force becomes activated, the sushum∫â power begins to grow, or the actinodic causal body begins to grow, and the higher chakras of cognition and universal love begin to spin faster. Once ku∫∂alinî power has been activated, its force expands or contracts consciousness. As man’s consciousness expands into actinic spheres, more ku∫∂alinî power is used. This power is lessened as his consciousness emerges into the limited fields of the odic world.

Often known as the serpent power, the ku∫∂alinî is coiled at the base of the spine in the instinctive man who resides mostly in the force fields of memory and fear. When this power becomes uncoiled, the serpent, or ku∫∂alinî, luminously raises its head, and finally, after nir- vikalpa samâdhi, it lifts its power to the top of the head.

When nirvikalpa samâdhi has been practiced daily for many, many years—according to the classical yoga teachings, for twelve years—and the golden body has been built, the ku∫∂alinî force coils itself in the sahasrâra chakra of the yogî, at the top of the head. This is known as the manas chakra, located about where the hairline begins at the forehead. This chakra eventually becomes the mûlâdhâra chakra, or the memory-pattern chakra, of the golden body.

The manas chakra is fully activated when the golden body is fully unfolded. This is known in Hindu and Egyptian mystic schools as the golden body of light, for it registers in the minds of those who look upon it, to their soul body, as a golden ball of light or a golden body.

When the ku∫∂a- linî rises into the realms of pure actinicity, the pineal gland and pituitary center are activated. When these two centers are activated simultaneously, the forces of both of them merge, bringing man into nirvikalpa samâdhi. Therefore, the aggressive odic force merges with the passive odic force, in perfect balance, and the actinodic power of the sushum∫â current comes into perfect balance, poised with the ku∫∂alinî force. The yoga adept finds himself on the brink of the Absolute, cognizing That which he can- not explain, knowing there is something beyond which the mind does not know, conceiving That which cannot be conceived, because form, which is mind, cannot conceive formlessness. Then the yogî touches into the Self and becomes a knower of the Self, merges with Íiva.

When the i∂â, piˆgalâ and sushum∫â forces merge and reside in perfect balance, the third eye awakens. When the pituitary, pineal glands and the sushum∫â source are in perfect balance, man is able to perceive consciously into other worlds of the mind. The golden body, as it begins to grow after the renunciate, or sannyâsin, attains nirvikalpa samâdhi, is built by man’s service to his fellow man.

Sunday

LESSON 266 The Way after Realization

When a yoga guru brings others from darkness into light and from light into Self Realization, he is also strengthen- ing his own golden body. When a satguru makes it easy for his sannyâsins to remain in the practice of Self Realization, encouraging them and demanding of them the practice of nirvikalpa samâdhi, he helps them hold their forces in check through the power of his golden body.

After nirvikalpa samâdhi, the sannyâsin has a choice to serve mankind or to wait for mankind to unfold into the consciousness that he has attained. This is called being a bodhisattva or upadeßî, one who serves, or an arahat or nirvâ∫î, one who waits. The golden body begins to grow through service and by bringing others in- to enlightenment as a bodhisattva, or through the constant practice of nirvikalpa samâdhi while living a strictly secluded life as an arahat, only mixing with those of his own level of realization.

The sahasrâra chakra at the top of the head and the âjñâ chakra at the brow, or the third eye, are the two controlling force centers of the soul body. These force cen- ters become the two lowest chakras of the yoga master’s new golden body, svar∫aßarîra, as this body begins to build after his first nirvikalpa samâdhi.

The usual experience before nirvikalpa samâdhi is for the aspirant to become a knower of the Self. This could occur at any time during his training. In order to attain this experience of “touching into the Self,” he must have a complete balance of all odic and actinic forces within him. A noted change in his life pattern often occurs after he becomes a knower of the Self, for the soul body has become released into orbit, and he has then a subsuperconscious control of this body. In other words, the odic-force tie has been released. This body has quickly matured. Then, if practicing contemplation as prescribed by his satguru and finally working out the various karmic binds or holds in the lower odic force field with the help of the guru, he attains complete Self Realization, or nirvikalpa samâdhi. Then the golden body, svar∫aßarîra, is born through the merging of the forces of the pituitary and the pineal gland, setting the sahasrâra into a constant spinning motion. This constant spinning motion generates the force which propels the yoga adept back into nirvikalpa samâdhi. Each time he goes into nirvikalpa samâdhi he intensifies a little the spinning movement of this chakra, unfolding it a little more, and as this occurs, the golden body begins to build.

When the yoga adept touches into the Self and becomes a knower of the Self, attains nirvikalpa samâdhi, becomes Self Realized, yoga powers come to him. These yoga powers are often renounced, depending upon the rule of the order to which he belongs, whether it be a teaching order or an order of hermits. According to the need, a power is developed. The powers that a yogî can use are as many as the petals within the sahasrâra chakra. They are 1,008. These powers are conceived through the nâ∂îs—small, elastic-like psychic nerve currents extending out into and through the aura of the body. The nâ∂îs work in conjunction with the chakras, and with the major currents of the body, i∂â, piˆgalâ and sushum- ∫â.

Realizing Paraßiva gives you great power, but to use that power very sparingly or not at all is the greater thing to do, because the power itself works of its own accord. If you have powers, siddhis that are unfolded, it is best not to consciously use them. You can demonstrate to yourself to be sure you have them, but these siddhis are all connected with devonic forces that will work totally for righteousness without your demonstrating them. That is why no one wants to come up against a ®ishi. Similarly, a good king does not use his power. He makes everything flourish without appearing to be powerful. His greater power happens in unseen ways.

Remember, when the ku∫∂alinî force becomes strong within you during a meditation,just sit and be aware that you are aware—a blissful state called kaîf in Shûm, the language of meditation. You will feel very positive and experience yourself as a great big ball of energy. When the energy begins to wane, try to absorb it into every cell of your external body, then continue your meditation exactly where you left off. In this way you will build a strong, disciplined nerve system and subconscious mind. This will lead you naturally onto the next inner plateau, then to the next and the next.

Never allow yourself to be complacent in your spiritual attainments. Always continue to strive. Even rishis, swâmîs and yogîs who have totally realized Paraßiva continue to work on themselves from within themselves.

They don’t let down, because if they did it would be many years before they had the next experience of the timelessness, formlessness, spacelessness of the unspeakable Paraßiva experience. The message, therefore, is, at the beginning of meditation and at the end, keep striving. Don’t turn back, but proceed with confidence.

Edited by Tibetan_Ice
  • Like 4

Connecting to the Yin world, nothing to be worried about. Yin and yang coexist together in many levels. Keep practicing working on your defilements and pay no attention or whatsoever to siddhis, jhanas, realms of existence and all that trickery that will bring about delusions of grandeur in certain practitioners. Being a honest, good and simple person is what really matters, in the end. VIRTUE.

Make sure you balance seated meditation with heavy ground work (Traditional IMA are priceless arts especially now in our 'Spleen Deficient' age).

• Like 3

that high eeee mentioned in that book - that's the ultrasound.

¶When you
can see a white light aglow in your head in a darkened room, or even see
a flash of it, or hear the inner, high-pitched sound, “eee,” humming in
your inner ear, then you know that you are consciously functioning in the
sub super con scious state of mind. Devotees who have had their first flash
of white light in their head or heard the constant high-pitched “eee” in
their inner ear have awakened the process of the sub super con scious state
of mind, and it works quite automatically after that.

The 7 beats per second leg vibration of trance dance or horse stance is the ELF waves that are piezoelectric and so also create ultrasound.

The ultrasound resonates the quantum microtubules as quantum consciousness energy.

this is detailed by Dr. Stuart Hameroff -

So the monks report hearing this high pitched sound - that is actually ultrasound. It is the highest pitch you can hear externally but internally it resonates into ultrasound.

You can think of sound as inverse to light.

When time is infinite then frequency as sound can be exact as 3/2 frequency - due to time frequency uncertainty.

When light is infinite as speed of light is based on infinite frequency of energy then time goes to zero as a space singularlity because space contracts under relativity.

You can read my website for more details.

Edited by conspirachi

Make sure you balance seated meditation with heavy ground work (Traditional IMA are priceless arts especially now in our 'Spleen Deficient' age).

What is IMA?  I plan to do more research, but  do you have any immediate tips for Speen care?

Edit: IMA probably is Internal Martial Art

Edited by MooNiNite

Connecting to the Yin world, nothing to be worried about. Yin and yang coexist together in many levels. Keep practicing working on your defilements and pay no attention or whatsoever to siddhis, jhanas, realms of existence and all that trickery that will bring about delusions of grandeur in certain practitioners. Being a honest, good and simple person is what really matters, in the end. VIRTUE.

edited my reply, what do I know, all assumptions and not real experience - forget it

feels so much clearer now ... respire

Edited by 4bsolute

Sign in to follow this