emeiwudang

Mantak chia

Hey bums, i have recently come across a few mantak chia videos of some alchemy. I have heard allot of people who say hes a phoney but haven't really heard reasons for this claim. Has anyone had any negative or positive experiences from mantak chia? Thanks!!!

Maybe 20 years ago I took an intro course with him when he was going through Chicago.  I find him an important pioneering figure in spreading Taoist meditation.   I think he's real and well meaning, yet damned by trying to take esoteric arts to the masses when they're best taught in smaller personal venues.  Much is lost in mass produced books and videos. 

Those who have been able to take classes with him, indepth and regularly seem to fair quite well as do those who practice with full integrity.  His books and videos promise much and I think people who study with him, do get amazing results but those picking a video who read the glowing reviews (which I'm sure are real) and think going through a book and practicing for a few weeks or few months without live teacher feedback are going to reach any great heights are going to consider it phoney.   It's not him, its not even them, its trying to learn from book.   A few can, but most won't or can't take it that deep.

In short, if you can practice with him or one of his past hard core students (I like Michael Winn) it'd probably be worthwhile.

Note opinions will differ, but we do (did) have people here who took Chia's teachings far and deep.   

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 5

haven't really heard reasons for this claim.  Has anyone had any negative or positive experiences from mantak chia? Thanks!!!

Healing Tao cautions thread (and links from there) has reasons.

• Like 3

Thanks for the very helpfull responses. My instructor is dr yang jwing ming and i am traveling to train with him soon, i was just curious since most of my time learning is at my remote mountain home, i often research many different instructors commentaries and experiences. I am still embryonic breathing and haven't reach very advanced stages of internal energy work. Im not ready for small or grand circulation yet. From what I've read on the links is that most people get in trouble rushing this training and that an instructor sounds vital to this part of my qork. Ill use mantak chia as a source with a question mark at the end. Thanks bums! I never tao-ted youd lead me in the right path

• Like 3

Im not ready for small or grand circulation yet. From what I've read on the links is that most people get in trouble rushing this training and that an instructor sounds vital to this part of my qork.

Try Baguazhang (it will open EVERYTHING and a lot more if you put effort into it). Here's some visual material I can vouch for:

Stepping

Eight Mother Palms

Background information

Tao Bums official thread

You'll need to find a live teacher at some stage, the earlier the better.

Good luck! :)

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 1

Thanks, i have been doing the 8 pieces brocade which has been opening up many things. Ill look into baguazhang a little deeper.

@ brian- this was an in-pun-tant question. Please no goofing around

• Like 1

I had to take some math courses a few times in college, mainly because I couldn't understand the teacher at all, and sometimes when I could understand them, their flavor of teaching math didn't work for me.

But that doesn't mean they weren't great teachers, for those who could understand their teaching styles.

Up to us to follow what resonates with us... makes no sense to stick with something that has no resonance.

And if we follow this principle, we may find it helps free us from judgments entirely. Just go where it feels right in this moment, and if it starts to feel wrong, move along. Some things take time to unravel, but flowing like this leads us there too.

• Like 1

Who :)

The best thing here is just to Google him

lol, i'm new in all of this, you can see that.

thank you anyway, i will