mr.regular

i want a promotion

My initial response would be clear and present understanding of the feelings at the very first moment of awareness instead of any followup feelings that associate with unknown, etc.

Go back to the moment before. <just a hunch here> : go get a massage?

Vewy Intewesting DankaShane

Spectrum

Edited by Spectrum

Hi mr. regular,

Reading your post, the question that comes to mind is, do you want what you think you want, or do you want the truth? ;)

Wanting what someone else has or knows is an indication that the false ego is calling the shots. What your true self wants may not be as glamorous or enticing.

Having someone help keep you on the track of uncovering what your true self already knows, is different from appropriating knowledge from outside.

Best,

Karen

Thank you, Karen. I think that was well said.

I think what I'm really seeking here is total erasure of maya, which is quite the same thing as ego death, which is quite the same thing as the Christian concept of taking up one's cross (impliment of execution).

It seems to me that the unification of a conscious mind--that is, a divided mind--is, again, the exact same thing as above. This is hierogamy; this is alchemy. It's difficult because it is so closely analogous to carnal death.

Having not experienced this, I cannot claim authority on the subject. Having done some studying, however, I can imagine nothing else, ultimately, worth doing. Now, it seems I find myself on the precipice of whatever hierogamy, alchemy, and ego-death really means. And I don't care about anything else anymore.

Edited by mr.regular

I hear you. In a nutshell, what you described is my own true purpose. Although as I see it, the path is a process. The false ego wants the destination now, but the true self knows that if your illusions were instantly dissolved, you would be terribly destabilized. You don't really want that. But the real path is perhaps more tedious in a sense than the glamor of the quick flash of lightning that we expect enlightenment to be.

There is preparation, and it can take time. Who knows how deeply the illusions and deep fears are rooted. In the system I use, we chip away at these boulders gently but systematically. The idea is to take the first step, make the commitment to the path, and then let go of the results.

Ego death is just an abstract concept; what really transpires is the embodiment of truth, and the capacity to handle the higher charge that goes along with that. Remember Jack Nicholson's line, "You want the truth? You can't *handle* the truth!"

When you're able to take the charge, the false ego will be transformed as part of that organic process. It's so scary because to the extent that we identify with the false ego, it feels like we are dying. So naturally we have a lot of resistance to that.

We have to go through experiences that sometimes seem like being stuck for ages, before we're ready to let go. No matter how passionately you may feel you want this transformation, the real timeframe may be something different.

In my case, I've been devoting myself to spiritual development since about 1975. That's before some of my friends were born :). But who knows how deeply the roots of my attachments go, and how much of that I "signed up" to transform in this lifetime. I experience the death of the false ego every day, but in ways that don't destabilize me.

It's like you have this destination, to row your boat to the other side of the river. You need to have some momentum. But at some point, you create too much turbulence and you have to slow down in order to stabilize the boat. Then you pick up speed again. It's that kind of finesse we need to apply when the "need for speed" comes over us :).

Best,

Karen

You say a force, an entity, came in the night and began to manipulate you.Did you ask for this?What had you been doing previous to this event?If this force came to you without your bidding does this bother you?Just curious.

When transdimensional dudes cross over to physically interact with you, you are definitely out of the harbor and into deep water. I would get with a teacher who has a lot of experience with this sort of thing to help you put together an action plan. If you are free, you might consider flying out to Phoenix mid November for the Max workshop.

MR,

I think we're each completely capable of confronting the demons within us, but not full blast, only with the resources that are available at the time to us. Most of us are pretty heavily armored, so we have a lot of blockages to our full creative potential, and we have to gently chip away at the armoring so as not to knock our socks off.

It's not that we're "not man enough" to confront the demons, but that it's just not appropriate to blast the armoring through to these deep levels until we can go there step by step in full consciousness. That's the real process of spiritual evolution, and there's no trickery or psyching oneself out to get somewhere faster that we think we "should" be.

The "shoulds" are not coming from the true self but the false ego which is captured by the dark forces. The irony is that we *need* the false ego - it's actually a gift given to us to allow us to function in the world before we're ready to take the full responsibility for living in Truth.

So the darkness is really a gift--and yet we also need to destroy/transform it. We're all in the enchanted forest waiting for the magic touch or kiss to wake us from the enchantment in matter. But we're doing that ourselves - there's no one outside who can do that for us, except that we attract the guidance we need by resonance.

There's a way of destroying these demons energetically in a systematic way with energetic medicines, which speeds up the process. It doesn't take away the responsibility for personal development that is rightfully ours, but it can facilitate the process. That's the Heilkunst system of medicine. It's not going to become popular anytime soon, because it doesn't simply make symptoms go away and make people feel great, which is what many people want to do medically and spiritually. But for those who are willing to tread their path for whatever they truly need to experience and learn, it's available.

It may not be the proper time for you to touch rock bottom reality. Chipping away at the blockages in a systematic way is safer.

Best,

Karen

This a take on it. Nothing personal, but just a take:

Forget all that nonesense. You were pushing your own buttons. Period. Visualization? Of course you "see things" and have "visitations", that's what visualization does!

But here's the rub; it's all mental masturbation. It's good that you understand it's self created. Time to let it go.

It isn't ultimate reality. Well, it is, but it isn't. Ultimate reality is right in front of you. It's your thoughts, your garbage, and your flowers. It's the computer screen your staring at, and it's that those feelings churning around inside. Even your "ego", which you want to make "dead" so very badly, is ultimate reality. So is everything around you, that chair you sometimes fart into, and eveyone you see. It's everything! That's why it's "ultimate".

Your neck is closed up because you are stuck in your head. You're stuck in your head, because you want to learn the mystery, catagorize it, and file it away as "Been there, now I'm enlightened, wise, in on the secret handshake." The problem is, there ain't no secret handshake, and the mystery is staying mum forever as long as you use those mental words and images to try to make it sit still.

My advise, since you asked by implication, is to practice more sitting and forgetting.

Take your dreams with you when you travel to the Pass, it's time to face your worst nightmares. This is your destiny. Take up your sword. Recognize the power in/of your intent and words (thoughts). Death & Rebirth is a natural phenomenon. We experience it in small and large. Once you find ground zero it's your job to guard your own hole in the ground. Get in, Get out, or get the hell out of the Way.

I think what I'm really seeking here is total erasure of maya, which is quite the same thing as ego death, which is quite the same thing as the Christian concept of taking up one's cross (impliment of execution).

It seems to me that the unification of a conscious mind--that is, a divided mind--is, again, the exact same thing as above. This is hierogamy; this is alchemy. It's difficult because it is so closely analogous to carnal death.

Having not experienced this, I cannot claim authority on the subject. Having done some studying, however, I can imagine nothing else, ultimately, worth doing. Now, it seems I find myself on the precipice of whatever hierogamy, alchemy, and ego-death really means. And I don't care about anything else anymore.

More in a bit. I'm bouncing.

Edited by Spectrum

How beautiful some things here are said. Really inspired me. Thank you all!

jan,

Wow, yes.

I was a tad concerned I'd find more "bum" than "tao" here. But there are folks posting on this site who seem genuinely interested in the road.

I want to be careful not to depotentiate the introversion that's brought me as far as I've come. I’ve gathered that the psyche has to be at least somewhat of a pressure cooker to improve. However these responses have many of them been very keen and worthwhile. These require real consideration.

MR

Edited by mr.regular