Sign in to follow this  
jee

I ruined my moms life

about nine months ago, as I told before, I tried to correct my mothers energy because I noticed that her back seemed weak. I feared that it would cause her kidney problems later. So i adviced her to breath from all sides of the diaphgram.

So I noticed that her back became ok but the corners of her mouth began to drop heavily. This of course means that she loses jing. And so she ages more quickly now because of me.

I feel very bad now. I can't advice her to go back and breath with only the stomach side(what I believe she did before) because I know that it can lead to very bad things and make things far worse(I know thisfrom experience). Just smiling so the corners don't drop won't do anything, because the corners of the mouth dropping is just the symptom, not the illness.

Any advice?

Edited by jee

she loses jing. And so she ages more quickly now because of me.

I feel very bad now. 

Any advice?

Relax you have not done anything, its all in your head. You dont have that kind of power. This is just natural aging, nothing more.

• Like 5

Why do you think it means she loses jing?

I have experienced it personally(edit. although I have to say, its been so long that I can't really remember but I think I lost jing before)and more recently I saw it in my father. When the corners of his mouth started to drop, you could, after some time start to see him looking more weak. And after the chi/jing was correct and the corners of his mouth were normal, he started looking fine.

Thanks "Taoist Texts", I really wish you would be correct, but im afraid not.

Edited by jee
  • Like 1

I add that losing jing doesn't always manifest in the mouth area. If one leaks jing from the anus, then the corners apparently don't drop, but heavy loss of course shows itself from the face. Or if chi/jing leaks from the ldantien it may not also show.

Edited by jee

First of all, she's a woman she doesn't have any jing. Jing comes from a man's equipment. From his fireman.From his alchemy. Second of all,where is her husband? Why isn't he taking care of you two? Post about it, please.

Thanks "Taoist Texts", I really wish you would be correct, but im afraid not.

Please reconsider what he has said.  (With an open mind using only logic, not your emotions.)

• Like 2

First of all, she's a woman she doesn't have any jing. Jing comes from a man's equipment. From his fireman.From his alchemy. Second of all,where is her husband? Why isn't he taking care of you two? Post about it, please.

Ok, thats new to me. But what type of energy do women have then?

But what you say about my father I don't understand, Im over 30 and don't live at home and he does take care of my mother.

Edited by jee

Don't be mislead by this statement if you are a novice.

JING is found both in men and in women, both in it's Hou Tian and it's Xian Tian state.

IF you don't have JING, you are dead.

In the Taiji realm it manifests most directly as the lowest resonating frequencies of matter in our body ie:

- Bones, Muscles, Tissue, Vessels, Fascia, Hair, Hormones, Marrow, Nails, Blood, Sperm, Cerebrospinal Fluid, Phlegm, Tears etc.

The essence within Jing and not the physical medium of the Jing, such as the substances listed above; can be used to trigger the initial process of alchemy when heating up the Xia Dantien and starting the fire of alchemical transformation. It's accumulation, purification and stilling can bring us closer to experiencing the congenital Xian Tian essences of the human matrix and allow us to progress into genuine Hou Tian Nei Dan Shu.

People who do not know what they are talking about, should not be speaking with such an authoritative and didactic tone, especially to someone who is in an emotional state of mind.

There needs to be a reformation in TTBs to promote better quality control, because this is not just a website for ramblings, but also a platform where people come to learn; and it has the power to influence the minds of new Taoists into improper understanding and practice without due attention or the experience to discern things clearly.

Be weary of what you read and inform yourself from multiple sources if you choose to take someone's word for fact without personal experience.

There are many knowledgeable members on this forum. I urge novices to inform themselves for their own safety and ease of progress in Taoist practices.

Refer to what Marblehead and Taoist Texts offered as a consideration.

Edited by effilang
  • Like 7

Relax you have not done anything, its all in your head. You dont have that kind of power. This is just natural aging, nothing more.

Bump to this, and effilang's post.

The will of heaven and your mothers choices are in control of this homey. If you were so powerful as to affect that.... you wouldn't be posting here.

Let go man. :) Everything is going to be ok.

I find your concern for your mother endearing and sweet.

John

Edited by JohnC
  • Like 1

Don't teach people breathing exercises beyond just breathing naturally.

Zhang Boduan warned against this in understanding reality

劳形按引皆非道, working the form, bending and stretching are not the Dao 服气餐霞总是狂 Swallowing qi and eating rainbows are all useless!

This is commenting on how Daoyin, various breathing exercises and cunxiang (visualization) are not as good for you as simply being natural.

Don't assume you have wrecked your mom, just get her to stop that practice now.

If your mom has lower back pain, there is probably a postural aspect to it, as well as atrophy of various abdominal muscles.

She could consider going to physio, and in the interim getting the book pain free by Peter Egosgue.  Egosque's method is a very good short term remedy to many pain related problems.

I also suggest feldenkrais, taiji classes with a compotent teacher, and looking into dietary concerns with a profressional.

basic meditation won't hurt your mom, but crazy breathing exercises are not a one size fits all remedy.

Remember that when it really comes down to the health of ageing people, we have to be very careful not to hurt them.  :) :)

• Like 3

劳形按引皆非道, working the form, bending and stretching are not the Dao 服气餐霞总是狂 Swallowing qi and eating rainbows are all useless!

This is commenting on how Daoyin, various breathing exercises and cunxiang (visualization) are not as good for you as simply being natural.

If your mom has lower back pain, there is probably a postural aspect to it, as well as atrophy of various abdominal muscles.

She could consider going to physio, and in the interim getting the book pain free by Peter Egosgue.  Egosque's method is a very good short term remedy to many pain related problems.

I also suggest feldenkrais, taiji classes with a compotent teacher, and looking into dietary concerns with a profressional.

basic meditation won't hurt your mom, but crazy breathing exercises are not a one size fits all remedy.

Remember that when it really comes down to the health of ageing people, we have to be very careful not to hurt them.  :) :)

+1 on the egoscue method, a friend who specialized in it applied it to me and i use the sets of exercises to this day. very powerful stuff for posture/stretching and a brilliant accompaniment to energy practices, in the place of something like yoga. it really opens things up to release energy!

I never taught her any exercises, just told her to breathe from all sides.

I remember now, that maybe about 3 months ago, when I saw that the corners of her mouth were still going down and it was not being corrected by itself,  I told her to breath a little from the back side and more from the front(but it didn't help) and told her that I may have been advising her incorrectly, but she said she didn't even remember what I had said before and then I let the whole thing be and didn't say anything about that after that.

And I have very bad experiences of just breathing from the front area of the body, so I won't be giving any advise to her to going back to that. 

She didn't have back pain, I just noticed that her back seemed weak, that's why I told her to breath like that, now the back looks normal, but the corners of her mouth are going down.

Edited by jee

Tell her to ear quality ginseng, goji berries and royal jelly every day and practice moving attention to the lower dantian

Edited by flowconduit

thanks, but I told her some time ago to gently pull in the Ldantien area (so the attention would go there) but it didn't help

Hi Jee, I recommend you teach yourself fasting and then introduce your mother to it. Fasting is amazingly effective, and frankly, fasting is the only remedy that works.

Sign in to follow this