林愛偉

Short Video on Mudra

Greetings All,

At the bottom of this post is a short video I did last night. It consists of a few hand postures for cultivating Affinity with Amitabha Buddha, anchoring Patience, Compassion, and Wisdom.

Hold each posture for at least 2 minutes. Then after constant sitting with them, 5 minutes.

Cultivation Tip: When utilizing these hands, the mind should be relaxed and focused on the breath. A few minutes of quiet sitting would be a good foundation to start with.

Visualization: 1).One can visualize bright white light entering the head, flowing directly to the dantian, fulfilling the body from the inside out.

2). Visualize your body as Amitabha Buddha, sitting.

Important guidance: If a vision of a Buddha, Bodhisattva, friends, family, emotions, or unpleasant images and emotions arise; it is best to recite "Namo Amitabha Buddha / Namo Amituofo"

If the sensation persists stronger and patience seems to be lost, take a deep breath, stop for a few seconds to gather breath, settle thoughts and emotions, and then begin again.

Peace and Blessings!

Namo Amitabha Buddha

Lin

P.S.- Thanks Minkus!!! :)

yvIj2DKnNtk

Edited by 林愛偉

Wanted to thank you for this nice video, gonna try em all out. Coincidence you yust post this as im eager in cultivating compassion, clearly need more but still have trouble handling it, i assume this is comming from a selfish western mindset.

I thought the embedding was something like [*youtube]XR3DKxro5xI[/youtube*] (witouth the stars in the brackets). The code in the middle is the last part after the V= in a youtube link.

In this example:

You use: XR3DKxro5xI to put between the brackets. I dont think if this works for a non-youtube movie, never tried.

[*youtube]XR3DKxro5xI[/youtube*]

XR3DKxro5xI

Kind regards !

Edited by minkus

Thank you for posting one of the interviews with Ven. Master Xuan Hua. The Ghost interview is really good.

Usually when we ask for something, the response is obvious. Sometimes we are not paying attention, and the response becomes subtle.

Peace and Blessings,

Lin

I got all sorts of weird tinglings reciting that a bunch of times over, slowly...

That's a start...lol Don't mind the tingling...its not important, just keep the concentration on

the recitation. If any visions arise, just keep to the breath and deepen your concentration.

Peace,

Lin

That's a start...lol Don't mind the tingling...its not important, just keep the concentration on

the recitation. If any visions arise, just keep to the breath and deepen your concentration.

Peace,

Lin

Lin

where did you learn those mudras and from whom?

Lin

where did you learn those mudras and from whom?

They were transmitted during meditation from my Buddhist teacher.

Peace,

Lin