vtrader125

dao solutions for insomnia?

Have trouble getting to sleep and staying a sleep. Also since doing the nofap noticed this adds to the problem somehow. Sleep only for 3-4 hours.

Are there any exercises, meditations, something I could do to solve this insomnia?

Thankyou vtrader125,

Sleep is easy if you engaged in physical toil,whatever that may be.

Caffeine is in many of our drinks,reduce or eliminate caffeine intake.

One five minute exercise 'the horse stance'will certainly help with sleep,try doing it three times a day.

Concentration on your breathing is also helpful.

Good practicing,but don't lose any sleep over it.

Things like that happend and can last for a few days or weeks only to come back to normal.

If it's not caused by anxiety then there is nothing to worry about. But I understand how it is to lie in bed for hours and trying to fall in sleep. Your body maybe don't need as much sleep at this moment. more physical activity helps. I don't know if you work, how do you spend the day. Dont eat 2 hours before going to sleep. If it will last for more than 2 weeks go visit a doctor or an ayurvedic medic even now (he can give you a nice mixture of herbs that can help quickly. Never try to solve things on your own through some energetic work adviced on internet forum - it can meke things even worse, use common sense.

Edited by Kubba
  • Like 1

I'm not really one to comment as I'm quite lucky with finding sleep easily, but I do remember when I first tried semen retention, I was wired with energy for about 2 weeks until my body got used to the new levels of hormones. This means your no frap may well be contributing to this, but it does pass.

The other things I do as 'good sleep practice' is get out of bed if I cant find sleep with in half an hour. If I know that I'm struggling I just go to another room and watch tv until I really feel tired. If I'm very stressed, I will use some alcohol. Exercise always helps. But if you're really unable to sleep, just stay up all night (boring I know) make sure you stay awake through out the day, and then you should be fine the next day (hopefully).

Edited by Miffymog
  • Like 1

Relax your arms & legs. And your hips and shoulders, head and neck. Dont concentrate on dantien or torso. This works good for me.

• Like 1

Sometimes we feel awake when our bodies are asleep. This isn't actually insomnia, although it may seem like it. Actually we are enjoying a higher state of awareness. The test is how tired we feel the next day. If we are just as fresh it isn't insomnia.

• Like 2

I think Aussie gave some good advice.  Here is something I'll add http://www.yoganidranetwork.org/mp3/yoga-nidra-good-night-sleep (free download), a yoga nidra self hypnotic routine that is very nice for sleep.  All of them on yoganidranetwork.org  are good for deep relaxation, but the one I link to is very good for falling asleep.  Once you listen you can fast forward to 4 minutes 25 seconds and go directly to the routine. 

Edited by thelerner

Have trouble getting to sleep and staying a sleep. Also since doing the nofap noticed this adds to the problem somehow. Sleep only for 3-4 hours.

Are there any exercises, meditations, something I could do to solve this insomnia?

A few things that have worked for me -

1. No electronic stimulation for at least an hour before bed (more time is better)

2. Don't eat too late at night

3. No alcohol or caffeine in the evening or night

4. Meditation before bed but make sure it is a relaxing, stabilizing type of meditation. Some methods can be quite stimulating and will work against you

5. If you wake up in the middle of the night and have trouble falling back asleep this is a normal rhythm. Take advantage of it - sex if you have a partner is a good idea, meditation, write a poem, just don't go for any electronic stimulation

6. In general, it is the thinking that tends to keep us awake. Thinking about not being able to sleep, why, how it will affect us the next day, and so on... If you can calm the thoughts and relax into your body in an easy and comfortable way, that helps. 

7. My sleep was never so good until I began a more consistent daily meditation routine (early in the morning) combined with dream yoga practices

8. Some sort of strenuous physical exercise or work during the day helps but not right before bed

9. A warm bath before bed can help also

Good luck

• Like 1

Something to add to the list, which is already really very good. It can help to have a dedicated sleeping room. Keep your bedroom free of everything that doesn't have to do with sleeping. No TV, no ironing board etc.

Also try moving the bed to different positions.

fear based. root chakra issue. root yourself. get out of your head into your body. center your energy into your heart. live from your heart, for behind it lies the energy source of your human experience

you hold on to concepts that allow this moment, this one underlying reality apparently not to be fulfilling in all it is. this is human personality, a split from the universal consciousness, god consciousness. including all automated thoughts and emotions.

if you want to live this life with full mastery you get to know your Spiritual Heart Energy Center, expand your personal self fully into it and let it expand into your personal reality, to fully and completely transform it

the energy goes from your Spiritual Heart Energy Center up in and through the crown, re-connects to the entire intelligence all around you and re-enters through the crown into the root chakra, where it purifies all personal impurities. from there, reality is restored and you have again all tools at hand needed to create, as that master, here in this human reality.

please know that this is a direct experience which you must want. silence thought, silence emotion (because the act as a complete veil, a block) and feel that energy into your chest during meditation. concentrate on it, let it expand and let it guide you in it.

this is the most direct method. it is included in Sri Ramana Maharshi's technique and all techniques wanting to re-discover the SELF through direct and transformative experience.

Edited by 4bsolute