Sign in to follow this  
Songtsan

Anyone ever tried this stuff?

Probably a strong case of buyer beware.  The real stuff is probably pretty rare and I'm guessing highly faked. 

FWIW I see Himalayan honey as cheap as $8 online, but its not the drugged out giant bee kind - https://www.google.com/shopping/product/4679822780281814508?q=buy+himalayan+giant+bee+honey&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Still anyone finds a legitimate stash, I might be interested.  I used to take teaspoon of honey w/ royal jelly every day.  Good stuff.  Especially in the winter or when one has a sore throat. 

Edited by thelerner

I'm not sure of the health properties of honey but it sure tastes nice on my tongue.

I have never tried fermented honey.  That would likely create an addiction.

• Like 1

I'm not sure of the health properties of honey but it sure tastes nice on my tongue.

It has anti-bacterial properties.  Thats well known and proven, its why it works as a first aid for wounds - used for thousands of years.

Beyond that, raw honey has other extremely nutrient rich chemicals and polyphenols.  It improves vasodilation, and therefore reduces inflammation in a generalized way.

• Like 1

I've never tried Himalayan honey but a friend of mine is into farming and he's got apiary and I've always purchase a jar or two of honey from him each month. I cut out sugar from my diet and substituted it for honey simply because it lowers blood pressure, improves cholesterol and rich in antioxidants

• Like 1

When I arrived in the desert back in 2000, for the first time in my life, I experienced allergies.

They'd come mostly in the Spring and high Summer and are always at their worst when the dry hot air blows in from the East.  Natives call it Crazy Wind.  Science calls it the Santa Ana's.

Got great advice from a nutritionist I had a conversation with.  She recommended avoiding pharmaceuticals and finding a local source for raw honey.  Since the bees are local, they're processing from a slew of plants in the area and taking small amounts of the bee processed pollens will eventually allow the body to build up antigens over time.

Plus... local awesome honey.

Took a few years, but I no longer have allergic reactions... except of course, this year, which saw record rainfall all 'winter' and resulted in massive blooms all along the West Coast.  So much pollen in the air you can taste it.  So a few weeks ago there were some runny nose and watery eye days, but nothing like the full on fatigued, stuffy headed, itching neck, coughing like I have a cold reactions I got when first moving here.

Honey is simply amazing stuff.  Bees have always been a favorite of mine.  Now I downright worship the wonder buggers.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this