Sign in to follow this  
vtrader125

Start asking the right questions first

Here I am sitting on my own in my room trying to figure out how much of a failure I am, why I have no purpose, on and on and on.

Then

I just told myself "STOP the noise, STOP the distractions."

The question is not why this or that is happening to me or why am I a failure. 

The real question is How can I be...serve....the universe?

The universe is huge, tomorrow this planet could be gone, all the noise and distraction mean nothing. Only thing that matter is that in this moment now how can I be part of the universe, how can I add to it?

The focus is flipped from the world happening to me, to how can I happen to the universe?

I guess thats why our lifes are so short, we have such short attention spans and driven by our egos and ego imagination. Anything longer would be wasted even more. 

Whether you agree or not with what I have written is not important, they are just words and symbols of what I feel, which has no language to give an accurate definition. At best beyond words is self expression, the purest form.

• Like 4

I don't know..

the Universe is mostly empty space. 

Maybe its more about serving/helping/kindness to others...?

• Like 1

Here I am sitting on my own in my room trying to figure out how much of a failure I am, why I have no purpose, on and on and on.

Then

I just told myself "STOP the noise, STOP the distractions."

The question is not why this or that is happening to me or why am I a failure. 

The real question is How can I be...serve....the universe?

Yes, it's very good to break free from the victim mindset, and start thinking of what you can do for the fulfillment that you (we all) desire. Victims view the world as something that happens to them, and are typically paralyzed by the immensity of it, but successful people view themselves as something that is about to happen to the world...they have desires and goals and get to work on meeting those goals to fulfill those desires.

The desire to be of service is really good.

Edited by Aetherous
  • Like 3

It's important to ask the proper questions.  The answers will always vary.  And really, it are the questions that really matter, not the answers.  If we are honest with our self the answers will come naturally without words.

• Like 2

"If I had an hour to solve a problem and my life depended on the solution,

I would spend the first 55 minutes determining the proper question to ask,

for once I know the proper question,I could solve the problem in less than five minutes."

Quote:Albert Einstein.

It's important to ask the proper questions.  The answers will always vary.  And really, it are the questions that really matter, not the answers.  If we are honest with our self the answers will come naturally without words.

Genius Marblehead.

• Like 1

No difference between your atoms and my atoms. Only a localised mental construct on both ends that causes the separation. If you ditch the mental construct then it's not helping yourself or helping the universe but I guess more like helping yourself AS the universe.

• Like 2

"The usefulness of the knowledge we acquire and the effectiveness of the actions

we take depend on the quality of the questions we ask.

Questions open the door to dialogue and discovery.

They are an invitation to creativity and breakthrough thinking.

Questions can lead to movement and action on key issues; by generating creative insights,they can ignite change."

Quote:Juanita Brown and David Isaacs.

• Like 2

"Questions can be like a lever you use to pry open the stuck lid on a paint can....

If we have a short lever,we can only just crack open the lid on the can.

But if we have a longer lever,or a more dynamic question,

we can open that can up much wider and really stir things up....

If the right question is applied,and it digs deep enough,

then we can stir up all the creative solutions."

Quote:Fran Peavy,

Pioneer in the use of strategic questions.

• Like 2

Thus,a powerful question:

-generates curiosity in the listener

-stimulates reflective conversation

-is thought provoking

-surfaces underlying assumptions

-invites creativity and new possibilities

-generates energy and forward movement

-channels attention and focuses inquiry

-stays with participants

-touches a deep meaning

-evokes more questions

Taken from article.

The Art of Powerful Questions

Catalysing Insight,Innovation,and Action.

By,Eric E.Vogt,Juanita Brown,and David Isaacs

• Like 2

I don't know what constitutes a 'right' question, but something similar to this topic came up recently while in the depths of a long conversation with a friend about the nature of what we call choice.  It was very compelling to me and the gist of it was that the answers we will usually arrive at, are heavily predetermined by the mindset of the question and the manner in which we frame the questions we ask in the first place.

The very act of forming a question and the paradigm/personal perceptive filter of the questioner will in large part, determine the foundation to the approach of the ideas and concepts involved and thus have a major impact on the potential answers found.

Again, I don't know about 'right' questions, but certainly after that discussion, I'm now looking more mindfully at 'how' I ask myself questions.  The result is a bit unsettling really.  Points often back to my repetitive nature of comfortable loops of behavioral patterns that reinforce what I'd like to already believe are things I 'know', or am comfortable with...

It reminds me of one of Enstein's quotes, something to the affect of "we can't solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when creating them."

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this