Sign in to follow this  
AussieTrees

Today I will talk I.

But "you" are "you" from my perspective.

Be careful with depersonalizing yourself.  You might start thinking you are someone else or worse, that you don't exist.

• Like 1

At risk of being hit by rotten tomatoes ... this came to mind; 

Behold the Yoke upon the neck of the Oxen! Is it not thereby that the Field shall be ploughed? ... Three are the Beasts wherewith thou must plough the Field; the Unicorn, the Horse, and the Ox. And these shalt thou yoke in a triple yoke that is governed by One Whip.

Now these Beasts run wildly upon the earths and are not easily obedient to the Man. ....

....  The Unicorn is speech. Man, rule thy Speech! How else shalt thou master the Son, and answer the Magician at the right hand gateway of the Crown?

Here are practices. Each may last for a week or more. ...

...  © Avoid using the pronouns and adjectives of the first person; use a paraphrase. ...

( the rest of the practice and the ref omitted due to the seemingly unstable nature of some present that may take things too literally ) 

there ... that should cover me  as .... 

tomato2_1012078i.jpg

Doh ! 

• Like 1

I is used frequently,and today I will use I.

Thankyou to all the bums here,I have laugh more in the past six months being a member,than the previous six months.

From the same 'sauce'  ...   :closedeyes:

'The worst danger on the path is spiritual ego and pride .... our best defense against this is a sense of humor , especially applied to our own 'sacred cows' and actions.  

• Like 6

From the same 'sauce'  ...   :closedeyes:

'The worst danger on the path is spiritual ego and pride .... our best defense against this is a sense of humor , especially applied to our own 'sacred cows' and actions.  

Truly. 

When we lose our sense of humor, we have lost much. 

We spend so much time

arguing and comparing

our foolishness against other people's. 

When clearly My foolishnesses is the best.

• Like 2

Get off your ass and walk.

If I did, no one would ask why I am riding the donkey backwards . 

That is like telling the begger not to beg .

A man sat begging everyday at the entrance to the market place. People thought he was an idiot as they realized if they offered him a large amount and a small amount of money, he always took the small amount.

People would bring their visitors from other villages with them : 'Watch this ... this man is indeed an idiot.'  And they would hold up a gold coin in one hand and a dinar in the other. The beggar would take the dinar "Thank you kind sir."

And people would laugh " What an idiot, no wonder he is poor."  But one day a man of better character approached him, distressed at the peoples mockery; " Yell me, why do you not take the gold coin ... you would have much more money and soon be able to give up begging."

" I could," the beggar replied, " But then people would very soon get tired of losing that money and not give me any. After a while I would spend it and have none ... this way, relying on others needs to show off in front of their friends as to how much smarter they are than me ... I am assured of an income, long term, from out of their own pockets." 

• Like 3

Sign in to follow this