Sign in to follow this  
ebt111

Hi

Hi,

I was first shown a "chi ball" back in Fall/2004 and became fascinated with it.  I studied with some teachers + on my own and eventually settled on LKC's method as the best one for me.

I had some very good results and was literally bursting with energy by mid-2005.

Over the past 10 years it has been my intention to stay with it every day, and I do for weeks and even months at a time but then something always happens, I fade on it, and have to start all over again.  Then it takes me a few months just to get the right alignment back so that the energy can really start building.

Probably, the biggest problem for me is that it can be hard and time really goes by slow when I'm doing it. Focusing on breath is better than watching the clock, but still my 35 minute standing meditation sessions require a discipline that I don't always have.

This year has been different though.  I have really focused on the Kabbalah and the Tree of Life, and I use that to meditate on while I'm doing zhan zhuang    It has worked for me, and now the 35 minutes goes by almost like a flash, and I have no problem staying with it.  I think its fine - some say to think of nothing, others say to focus on a red dot, LKC says its OK to watch TV.

But i wanted to see what others might be doing, and that's how I found this fine place.    This is by far the best forum on the subject that I have ever seen.  I learned quite a bit just by browsing through it.

Thank you, and hello to everyone!

ebt111

• Like 1

Hello and welcome.

You are accepted and we are glad to have you as a member.

Please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum terms and rules. This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Chang and the TTB team

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ha ha - I'm afraid I failed here. I've tried to take up ZZ about 5 times over the past 15 years, and always after about 6 months, I've ended up giving up (usually because of a particularly bad hang over). Now, I just stand for 5 minutes. It has much less benefit than a much longer stand, but hopefully there's more chance of it being a more permanent habit. Cant tell you yet though, as I've only been doing this current method for 3 months.

On another side, I read some where here that its good to spend at least as long as you stand doing moving practices or even sitting ones. I am now a great believe in this and so my short stand is now a small component of a longer routine.

Sign in to follow this