roger

we have always existed

I had an insight recently that provided me with a massive amount of emotional healing that I'd like to tell you all about.

Often over the past few years, when I would get very close to accepting my "divine identity," a certain problem would arise.

It was the idea that I was "created".....out of NOTHING. This false concept stood as a block to my acceptance of my true nature.

I've now come to understand that I wasn't "created," but that I am a FORM or MANIFESTATION of God, the Universal, Dao, or however you want to put it.

A quote from A Course In Miracles is, "Everything that is now, has always been."

We weren't NOTHING, then BECAME the Universal, God or whatever; we ALREADY were that Universal, then at some point took the FORM that we presently take.

Realizing this was the insight that empowered me to accept my divine nature.

• Like 6

the catch is knowing who that one and single we is... while all the rest can be said to be created and bound in time and space until dissolution.

Edited by 3bob

Great stuff Roger. The mind can't get its head round our uncreated self but we can rest in it in our hearts and always stay there. This is the ending of all our questions. Such beautiful peace!

• Like 1

Thanks roger,

Say we are all in heaven,sweet everything cause it is heaven.

After a time everything sweet,lacks something physical.

So hey we are in heaven we can do anything,let's take on a human form,to feel something.

On heaven time probably do it daily,"yeah had a life this morning,lived to be 97yo,now back plan another life for tomorrow."

Enjoy your life that's why you turned up.

• Like 1

I'd say:

with a heaven there is a hell,

and with or per attached  karmas what we can do is limited by same...

Often over the past few years, when I would get very close to accepting my "divine identity," a certain problem would arise.

It was the idea that I was "created".....out of NOTHING. This false concept stood as a block to my acceptance of my true nature.

I've now come to understand that I wasn't "created," but that I am a FORM or MANIFESTATION of God, the Universal, Dao, or however you want to put it.

Nice path unfolding :)

But it doesn't have to be a duality of either/or:  

I think singularity will prefer both/and:   Form=Void

Or this seems helpful to ponder:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/lewis-richmond/emptiness-most-misunderstood-word-in-buddhism_b_2769189.html

The Heart Sutra says, "all phenomena in their own-being are empty." It doesn't say "all phenomena are empty." This distinction is vital. "Own-being" means separate independent existence. The passage means that nothing we see or hear (or are) stands alone; everything is a tentative expression of one seamless, ever-changing landscape. So though no individual person or thing has any permanent, fixed identity, everything taken together is what Thich Nhat Hanh calls "interbeing."

I had an insight recently that provided me with a massive amount of emotional healing that I'd like to tell you all about.

A quote from A Course In Miracles is, "Everything that is now, has always been."

We weren't NOTHING, then BECAME the Universal, God or whatever; we ALREADY were that Universal, then at some point took the FORM that we presently take.

Realizing this was the insight that empowered me to accept my divine nature.

There is a lot of jargon in the scriptures of various traditions that can be quite esoteric and far-fetched... words like unceasing, unborn, immortal, primordially pure, unoriginated...

.... and then you have an insight like this and all those silly words suddenly make perfect sense.

E MA HO!

• Like 2

Seeing past the words and concepts that keep us from fully experiencing what is... it's beautiful. I'm glad you found your way past those constricting words. :)

Edited by Des
  • Like 1

There is a lot of jargon in the scriptures of various traditions that can be quite esoteric and far-fetched... words like unceasing, unborn, immortal, primordially pure, unoriginated...

.... and then you have an insight like this and all those silly words suddenly make perfect sense.

E MA HO!

:)

MH,  I imagine the 7 hells  (as a nice round number) are heaven-like to the demons that dominate there, so there is the difference you are asking about...which is opposite to the 7 upper "chakras" or heaven-like realms in comparison that so many here hammer on.

Edited by 3bob

I guess that would work.  But we still have the heaven/hell duality. 

Or maybe it's just a continuum where the lowest realm of heaven and the highest realm of hell are one and the same.

• Like 1