Sign in to follow this  
Cameron

Iran

Wow, Islamic geometry is REALLY COOL! B)

Too bad the US wants to blow them to bits to stop the IOB.

I think James Bond should fight the American Empire in his next flick. :lol: Talk about a controversial blockbuster. How about a super-spy thriller where all roads lead back to neo-Rome?

Some pictures of Iran. A country which has never attacked another sovern nation.

http://picasaweb.google.com/aatrvash/Iran0...BV-cDZ2E#s50966

I guess you are only referring to the current Iranian theocracy formed in the 1978 revolution, and not the Persian Empire (assuming that the Iran-Iraq war was defensive on the Iranian part, although it depends on who you ask). Actually, while you could say that modern Iran has not directly attacked any sovereign nations, it has done so indirectly by training and/or bankrolling groups like Hamas and Hezbollah--not unlike the US policy in Central America and elsewhere over the years. Also, Ahmadinejad is none too subtle in stating his desire to "wipe Israel off the map," and the old understanding of MAD (Mutually Assured Destruction) that held the balance during the cold war now does not apply--at least the Soviets were rational and didn't assume that a worldwide nuclear conflagration would be a win-win situation in which their holy martyrs are instantly transported to paradise.

Suffice it to say that I don't think either the US or Iranian gov't is a paradigm of moral virtue, but if I had to choose living in one country or the other, it would not be difficult. Still, I wouldn't want to see Iran reduced to rubble either, especially since there are lots of moderates who want real change there. Too bad about all the fundie nutjobs, though. (Then again, the previous sentence could refer to the US too!)

Sign in to follow this