dwai

Energy and Light

I'm finding off late that I see energy is white light. It is not necessarily with my eyes, but my brain interprets how I sense energy during cultivation as being white light. 

I saw a thread in which Dawei makes a distinction between energy (universal energy) and light (spiritual energy). However I notice that the energy itself seems to be transformed into light.

Thoughts?

Edited by dwai
  • Like 2

I'm finding off late that I see energy is white light. It is not necessarily with my eyes, but my brain interprets how I sense energy during cultivation as being white light. 

I saw a thread in which Dawei makes a distinction between energy (universal energy) and light (spiritual energy). However I notice that the energy itself seems to be transformed into light.

Thoughts?

Vmarco would have much to say about this.  He is a white light guy.

Personally, I consider white light to be the first (primal) manifestation of pure energy.

And yes, what you are talking about is experienced with the brain first hand and not second hand via the eyes.

• Like 4

I would say there is only a distinction based on our senses as energy are really part of a singular continuum which flows from non-duality to duality.

It seems to me there are different methods to access that light but it is not clear to me if what someone might 'see' as white light is really the same as what I am talking about when I use Light Transmission as Shared Space-Presence-Light.  

Personally, I consider white light to be the first (primal) manifestation of pure energy.

And yes, what you are talking about is experienced with the brain first hand and not second hand via the eyes.

And the purer our lens the purer the energy source we sense and see.   A cloudy lens [of perception/awareness] might feel energy instead of seeing it.

One other thought I have is that I think pure energy is the closest representation to the source. It seems reasonable to say that white light is the closest thing to pure energy of the source and I reckon it to be non-dual, and yet it seems to be a bridge to the formed, manifest world.   Meaning it exists in both non-dual and dual aspects.  I think there are some spirits and entities which can be carriers of white light and somehow mankind has the ability to access it too.   

• Like 5

One other thought I have is that I think pure energy is the closest representation to the source. It seems reasonable to say that white light is the closest thing to pure energy of the source and I reckon it to be non-dual, and yet it seems to be a bridge to the formed, manifest world.   Meaning it exists in both non-dual and dual aspects.

I agree that it exists in both the dual and non-dual aspects of "what is".  I couldn't even use the word "reality".  (Real implies post-manifestation.)

And for me, this is as far back to the "source" that I am able to speak to.

• Like 1

Very nice Topic.

From my experience I first noticed energy/prana when doing pranayama. It would be outside of me mainly.. I would feel the energy like a wind blowing against my face.

With increased practice I was able to feel the energy move up and down my spine but it was never ecstatic.

With light I first would feel it flowing through me all day long. Like a wind flowing through my body, removing obstructions and making it easier to let go.

Over time that light became ecstatic. It might have been a person entering a room or someone sending energy. Learning to not grasp at the light, at the ecstatic/orgasmic feeling was the true lesson. I am only feeling what the light is hitting.

With continued depth the light went from ecstatic to silence. I still have periods of ecstatic energy but mostly the energy increases silence.

Another aspect of the light is how one can perceive it. At first it is like a white out. All you feel is this strong flow of light. With increased depth one is able to start picking things out within the light. You can say it becomes more and more refined. Not just in what one can perceive within the light but how the light feels. To me the most advanced beings feel like silk as their light flows through. With continued depth the light radiates from within .

All the best.

Edited by Jonesboy
  • Like 4

Has this question been posed to Waysun Liao? I would be interested to know his thoughts regarding your topic.

I don't get to interact with him. My teacher is one of his earliest students and is a Master as well. He told me that some people see energy like that...but for me it's only started happening off late. Earlier I used to feel the energy, not "see".

The most distinct "seeing" I had was during a circle meditation. I "saw" the column of energy in the center of the circle as a column of white light. And I was connected to it at my lower dan tien via something that looked and felt like an umbilical cord, which was also white light. And my dan tien was lit up and the white light was in my spine and all the way to my crown point.

Then I started seeing it in the dark with my eyes open. Now I'm seeing it without using my eyes but like in my minds eye. so I feel it is always been this "white light" but I could t see it before...

• Like 3

Know the white, keep to the black... can be linked to the color associations of the five phases, where white is metal and water is black. And further associated with the bagua, where Metal is the trigram of Heaven, all yang, and Kan (water) is yin surrounding true yang. Thus water can be associated with black that hides the white, which is related to knowing the white and keeping to the black.

Is curious why these colors were chosen to represent these things. At one point in my cultivation work, doing standing meditation in a "heaven" posture with arms straight up, feet shoulder width apart, I both felt the yang energy that filled me from head to foot and "saw" it somehow as pure white. I'm not much of a seer usually, but this was more than a feeling, and was unmistakably white. Meanwhile my sense of yin is black. Though maybe this is all unrelated to what you saw.

• Like 1

Yin is black, the feminine.  Yang is white, the masculine.  Yin is restive and Yang is active.  Know the active but hold to the restive.

Chi is the energy - white and black are the polarities.

• Like 2

So perhaps in terms of light, yang is the bright light that radiates out, yin is the black space that the light travels through, and when merged together as one they become the clear light known as emptiness.

• Like 3

I often feel that the energy I am interacting with is not light.

Light is too slow.

Finer, tighter vibration than the light spectrum.

Instantaneous.

But this is with other wavelengths like light, after which matter is producing and un-producing.

Compared to this, qi energy as cultivated in qigong is very relative and dense.

Different speed of vibration, density, different part of vibrational spectrum.

I have had experience of dissolve into white light.

What I am discussing is beyond that experience, beyond light of any kind.

It is before and after light.

From it, light is forming and unforming.

It is like being in one part of "mind" (not a "human mind") that is actually all the other parts at same time.

Human will touches this, blooming and retracting into the spectrum in various ways.

It is inhuman, but before and after human.

It is nothing that is more full and powerful than something without having any parts or substance, even at the level of light.

-VonKrankenhaus

• Like 3

I often feel that the energy I am interacting with is not light.

Light is too slow.

Finer, tighter vibration than the light spectrum.

Instantaneous.

But this is with other wavelengths like light, after which matter is producing and un-producing.

Compared to this, qi energy as cultivated in qigong is very relative and dense.

Different speed of vibration, density, different part of vibrational spectrum.

I have had experience of dissolve into white light.

What I am discussing is beyond that experience, beyond light of any kind.

It is before and after light.

From it, light is forming and unforming.

It is like being in one part of "mind" (not a "human mind") that is actually all the other parts at same time.

Human will touches this, blooming and retracting into the spectrum in various ways.

It is inhuman, but before and after human.

It is nothing that is more full and powerful than something without having any parts or substance, even at the level of light.

-VonKrankenhaus

This is very much my personal understanding as well, VK.

• Like 1

Light is too slow.

What?  Light travels at the speed of light.  Nothing travels faster except for the expansion of the universe.

(But I understood what you are talking about.)

Then perhaps the key lies in whatever is is that produces the expansion of the universe.

I think that hasn't been figured out yet.  They say it is Dark Energy but they have no idea what Dark Energy is.

But yes, the mind too can travel faster than the speed of light.  (But does that serve a useful purpose?)

I think that hasn't been figured out yet.  They say

Sounds like you're listening to people who only seek and examine externally. The truth is often present in the heart of things, while the surface obscures it. Those who cannot sense the heart of things seem quick to dismiss those who speak of what is there.

Sounds like you're listening to people who ...

I listen to people who use logic that my brain can understand.  I really don't listen to many people I can't understand.

How can your brain understand things that can't be explained in words?

Good question.

We have an experience.  There are no words for the experience.  However, the feeling, the emotions inspired by the experience can be analyzed and understood by the brain.

Ever have the experience of just "being"?  In this state we are beyond words but we are in full union with "all that is".  In fact, there isn't even a "we".

• Like 2

Good question.

We have an experience.  There are no words for the experience.  However, the feeling, the emotions inspired by the experience can be analyzed and understood by the brain.

Ever have the experience of just "being"?  In this state we are beyond words but we are in full union with "all that is".  In fact, there isn't even a "we".

Great! I'm just saying this state of true being is related to the expansion of the universe. Those who attempt to prove it with tools (concepts, science, brain) will fall short, or worse, will only contribute to accelerating the expansion, and thereby the separation between all things. But that doesn't mean we can't present the connection without proofs, and invite those who wish to experience it through being to do so on their own, and thereby invite greater integrity rather than greater expansion.

• Like 2

Physicalization is contraction.

Spiritualization is expansion.

At the extremes each changing into the opposite.

The densest minerals (furthest contraction) are so dense they begin emitting radiation (expansion).

At the point of nothing (furthest expansion) some "thing" arises (contraction).

Imagine a mirror between these, "contraction" and "expansion" and there is a symmetry.

This "contraction" and "expansion" have no substance as "things" whatsoever.

Yet all things and all not things moving this way.

Tao.

-VonKrankenhaus

• Like 4

Well said, beautiful.

On earth, life forms are very balanced and integrated with their physicality and spirituality. So, while at their extremes they change to their opposites, when balanced, going too far in either direction creates separation.

So if we are balanced between physicality and spirituality, and then we attach to laws, food, hide in homes, act depressed, we become more physically oriented, stiffening and lowering, and meanwhile our spiritual side is pushed out as things condense. Conversely, if we consume a lot of cannabis, igniting our spiritual fire, allowing its light to radiate everywhere brightly, it flies away, and the more we consume, the less feeling of light there is and the more we feel sluggish and heavy.

Thus the importance of those on a spiritual path to understand the difference between traveling to the spiritual extreme and abandoning the material, vs, refining both and integrating them into one another. For when the physical essence is cultivated and refined, it provides a home where the spiritual nature can exist without flying away. Thus the difference between the shining light that separates from the physical, and the clear light of emptiness that reunites both to their origin.

• Like 1

Well said, beautiful.

On earth, life forms are very balanced and integrated with their physicality and spirituality. So, while at their extremes they change to their opposites, when balanced, going too far in either direction creates separation.

So if we are balanced between physicality and spirituality, and then we attach to laws, food, hide in homes, act depressed, we become more physically oriented, stiffening and lowering, and meanwhile our spiritual side is pushed out as things condense. Conversely, if we consume a lot of cannabis, igniting our spiritual fire, allowing its light to radiate everywhere brightly, it flies away, and the more we consume, the less feeling of light there is and the more we feel sluggish and heavy.

Thus the importance of those on a spiritual path to understand the difference between traveling to the spiritual extreme and abandoning the material, vs, refining both and integrating them into one another. For when the physical essence is cultivated and refined, it provides a home where the spiritual nature can exist without flying away. Thus the difference between the shining light that separates from the physical, and the clear light of emptiness that reunites both to their origin.

Or as the Daoists say 'Not too much, not too little' :)

All this leads me to speculate on some things.

First... for those who are able to cultivate a connection to the source of things, and then use that source to radiate out like a sun... are they contributing to the expansion of the universe by drawing upon this source? And then, what happens to the physical component they draw from this source, is it just burned away by the light?

Next, black holes in the universe, they draw in all these other planets and bodies that contain their own balances of light and dark. Is the light that gets emitted from them truly the creation of new light as the heavy-dark reaches extreme, or is it merely the squeezing out of all remaining light within all that it sucks in?

• Like 1

All this leads me to speculate on some things.

First... for those who are able to cultivate a connection to the source of things, and then use that source to radiate out like a sun... are they contributing to the expansion of the universe by drawing upon this source? And then, what happens to the physical component they draw from this source, is it just burned away by the light?

Next, black holes in the universe, they draw in all these other planets and bodies that contain their own balances of light and dark. Is the light that gets emitted from them truly the creation of new light as the heavy-dark reaches extreme, or is it merely the squeezing out of all remaining light within all that it sucks in?

I think the answer lies in the fact that the source is neither expanding nor contracting. All things that expand and contract are apparitions...appearances.

• Like 2

I think the answer lies in the fact that the source is neither expanding nor contracting. All things that expand and contract are apparitions...appearances.

And maybe the result is something new or newly arises... even if as an appearance.

• Like 1