Nikolai1

Thus Spake Old Man Tcheng

funny-old-chinese-man-smiling.jpg

"I, old Tcheng, do not interfere to maintain, modify or change the course of things by following the desire of the individual mind.  Let there be neither distrust nor revolt but only the necessary act.  If I behave in a different way with you, it is so that you might, at last, by yourselves, directly see original spirit instead of always seeking it through the mediation of dead fellows or by running after scatterbrains like me.

My own manner, indeed, is to shake you like saplings in the mountain wind.  Thus, I break up all your struts and props, and, there you are, all undone, with nothing more to hold on to.  But since I sap up all that that you rely upon and, thus, you are filled with fear, you say, to reassure yourselves, that I sin against the law and convention and am but a vile blasphemer.  So you go on desparately clinging to appearances and accessories instead of letting them depart from you by themselves, without striving to hold onto them.

My words find no echo in you, so I play a trick on you and tell you they come from a great and famous fellow who has been dead for centuries.  But you sill do not understand that they are your direct and immediate concern.  On the contrary, you seize on them as something precious, good for keeping and to cultivate.  Bald-heads, by holding onto futilities, you simply waste your life away and the evidence of original spirit sips through your fingers.  What a shipwreck for you!"

Edited by Nikolai1
  • Like 5

"Nitwits, original spirit does not appear when sleep leaves you and does not disappear when sleep comes to you.  Original spirit is nothing and is totally independent of that which chnages and dies.

If original spirit were truly your sole occupation you would see all that alters and dies in the same way that you perceive the movements that dancers give to their streamers, and would resolve to seek that which in you neither varies nor dies and, once you find it, then not one of the thousand worlds could divert you in your thoughts for the instant of a flash or in the slightest degree make you stray from it in your actions.

You believe you aspire to original spirit but yoy only actually seek the satisfaction of a condition, or learning, and of merit.  Because of this, nincompoops, you are entirely under the fascination of all that in you and outside you is not steadfast and just dies." 

• Like 1

Old bastard.

There you lay on your death bed without friends nor family,alone,none will join your end.

Gone are your attachments,what remains is only shiny metals,all useless for the journey ahead.

All desire now gone,death comes comes closer your only friend,still nearer it approaches.

Even this presence is now a welcome path,the way is now clear my friend.

There was no choice when born just as there is no choice in death.

The life was spent living our only choice.no need to mourn.

• Like 3

The life was spent living our only choice.no need to mourn.

But I, a holder of the concept of free will, suggest that we have many choices.  But we do need make sure they are our choices and not just stuff that has been forced into our brain when we were younger.

But I, a holder of the concept of free will, suggest that we have many choices. But we do need make sure they are our choices and not just stuff that has been forced into our brain when we were younger.

See 'old bastard',you see well.

Edited by Aussie
  • Like 1