soaring crane

New member, can't start new threads

Hey there

I'm writing on behalf of Sunshine007 who PM'd me to say that s/he can't start new threads in the forums.

I already suggested trying different browsers, but the problem seems to persist.

I checked the settings and there's no restriction.

Any ideas?

• Like 1

What exact forum area is the attempt made in?

There are some restrictions to a new member.   

A moderator may need to email so that a screen shot(s) can be sent back for us to see what exactly is the problem.

Is a post button available?  Do you enter the post and it won't submit?

Hi there. I am aware of some forums needing some criteria to fulfill before you can start posting in those forums. But what I am talking about is, in the beginning there used be message in the page where it said you can start 10 new post till the certain date. But now after completing that date I saw a button to start new post in top right corner I guess but now it is not there. I cannot seem to find any such buttons.

Thank you

• Like 1

There is no way to start a new thread from the homepage. You have to be ina specific forum first, maybe that's the confusion?

Here are two screenshots. The first one is the full website, at the General Discussion Forum, and the second one is from the mobile version. Maybe you just have to scroll down a bit before you find the Start new thread button?

Thumbnails, you have to click them:

post-1311-0-51831000-1447140241_thumb.gif

post-1311-0-48809100-1447140239_thumb.png

Hi there. I am aware of some forums needing some criteria to fulfill before you can start posting in those forums. But what I am talking about is, in the beginning there used be message in the page where it said you can start 10 new post till the certain date. But now after completing that date I saw a button to start new post in top right corner I guess but now it is not there. I cannot seem to find any such buttons.

Thank you

That was in the Welcome area where new members introduce themselves?

This is restricted to only absolute new members (members with 0 posts) and once you post you are no longer able to post in Welcome... You've passed the first test :)

• Like 4