Sign in to follow this  
Mal

Ken Cohen's "The essential Qigong Training Course"

Hi all,

The other half got me this course for my birthday B)

Looks like a lot of fun with info on various Qigong's. The structured training program is basically ~1 hour in the morning ~30min in the afternoon. Some of the exercises you do change every 10 days, you rotate through almost all the various Qigongs presented.

Anyone had a go at this? My understanding is that Ken Cohen is a very well respected teacher. Early impressions are that even without doing the exact training program (don't have that sort of time) there looks like a heap of great info here.

Hi all,

The other half got me this course for my birthday B)

Looks like a lot of fun with info on various Qigong's. The structured training program is basically ~1 hour in the morning ~30min in the afternoon. Some of the exercises you do change every 10 days, you rotate through almost all the various Qigongs presented.

Anyone had a go at this? My understanding is that Ken Cohen is a very well respected teacher. Early impressions are that even without doing the exact training program (don't have that sort of time) there looks like a heap of great info here.

actually, that course is sitting on the floor next to me! i loaned it to a student who just brought it back.

;)

i really like ken cohen. the course is very thorough, i think. it bored me when i first got it, to be honest. but it grew on me. i never followed his method (i never really follow anyone's method). but i learned a lot from the course, and it helped me to easily memorize tons of foundational information.

i don't know your experience level, but he and chunyi lin have the best courses for bringing someone from a complete novice to a competent practitioner WITHOUT AN IN-PERSON TEACHER.

yeah kohen's course up on demonoid too, and mininova has SFQ 1,3,4 also level 2 is floating around somewhere maybe isohunt.

just fyi

Edited by mwight

i really like ken cohen. the course is very thorough, i think. it bored me when i first got it, to be honest. but it grew on me. i never followed his method (i never really follow anyone's method). but i learned a lot from the course, and it helped me to easily memorize tons of foundational information.

Yes, don't think I'll be doing it as a course like he sets out. But his course would be very good if you were just starting out doing Qi Gongs and did not have your own practices. But he certantly presents good info on a lot of different practices. It nice to actually see some of the exercises that I had only read about or heard about in posts here

yeah kohen's course up on demonoid too, and mininova has SFQ 1,3,4 also level 2 is floating around somewhere maybe isohunt.

just fyi

Thanks but WTF does that mean :) are demonoid and mininova web sites?

Cheers

To be honest, I didn't like this set when I first read and watched it.

However, after further looking, and further listening, I began to like both he, and his approach. He does cover the bases very well, even if I personally am biased toward a few exercises or thoughts that he didn't show. His approach is unassuming, quietly grounded, and actually rather comforting. I would recommend it to someone who wishes to get into the basics of their practice, and can't find a good teacher.

Yes, don't think I'll be doing it as a course like he sets out. But his course would be very good if you were just starting out doing Qi Gongs and did not have your own practices. But he certantly presents good info on a lot of different practices. It nice to actually see some of the exercises that I had only read about or heard about in posts here

Thanks but WTF does that mean :) are demonoid and mininova web sites?

Cheers

your google-fu is weak! :P

your google-fu is weak! :P

It's worse than that........ I actually download stuff from mininova :blink:

It's worse than that........ I actually download stuff from mininova :blink:

hehe mininova is good, isohunt, thepiratebay, demonoid, are also great.

Sign in to follow this