Seeker of Wisdom

Tea and Consent

An issue where I genuinely believe do-gooders like the ones behind this ad do much more harm than good....building a culture where people think they have to treat & talk to young men as if they were bloodthirsty savages and at the same time can never say anything to young women about common sense safety practices for fear of being labeled a rape apologist. 

edit

It should be noted that the Thames Valley Police are not the originators of this metaphor, and that the original article

http://rockstardinosaurpirateprincess.com/2015/03/02/consent-not-actually-that-complicated/

is a reaction to the fact that consent is viewed as a "complicated" issue by some people.

The point of comparing tea drinking to sex is to highlight that consent is not complicated at all.

Edited by dustybeijing
  • Like 1

Hey I'm a Brit, you can tell because I always wear a Bowler Hat to work & carry an Umbrella. :ph34r:

I also like dunking my Biscuits in my Tea, so things could get really Messy !! :blush:

Consent is the key.

The singer Chrissie Hynde (the Pretenders) recently published her Autobiography & seemed to blame herself for being Raped. As she wore provocative clothing & was doing drugs with a group of strangers in a seedy location. Cue loads of do-gooders ripping her to shreds !!! Believe she was just being honest about her own situation & lack of being careful.