3bob

"you say you love rain..."

"You say that you love rain, but you open your umbrella when it rains... You say that you love the sun, but you find a shadow spot when the sun shines... You say that you love the wind, But you close your windows when wind blows... This is why I am afraid; You say that you love me too..."

• Like 11

What a grand turtle shell you have there 3bob!

I haven't had any rain in so long I don't even know if I still love it.

• Like 1

just a tidbit I found floating on the internet which is sometimes a valid  observation of our human nature...

• Like 1

just a tidbit I found floating on the internet which is sometimes a valid  observation of our human nature...

It speaks a little bit to our dualities, doesn't it?

We understand that nature will give us tornadoes and hurricanes, just don't put one on me, Okay?

• Like 2

yea but nature can't lie or dilly dally

That gave me a chuckle.  Thanks.

Likely one of the most beautiful things about nature.  No drama, only reality.

• Like 2

It speaks a little bit to our dualities, doesn't it?

We understand that nature will give us tornadoes and hurricanes, just don't put one on me, Okay?

Thankyou Marblehead,

We get cyclones in the northern wet season which is soon to start.

We get rain when a cyclone hits the west coast,we don't usually get the same damage as the west.

Know any rain making practices,can you dance?

• Like 1

I've experienced both, and would not give up the experience for anything. :)

• Like 2

I don't.  I once asked a witch if she would do a rain dance for me.  She did and I got a hurricane.  I will never ask again.

• Like 1

I've experienced both, and would not give up the experience for anything. :)

I've not experienced a tornado but hurricanes?, Yes.  I can imagine the horror of a tornado though.  Wouldn't want to have one.

There is an area about 75 miles to the north of me where when hurricanes get close to the area tornadoes frequently happen.  I have never been inspired to go see one.

• Like 1

"You say that you love rain, but you open your umbrella when it rains... You say that you love the sun, but you find a shadow spot when the sun shines... You say that you love the wind, But you close your windows when wind blows... This is why I am afraid; You say that you love me too..."

I go running in rain and storms, I bask in the Sun, I love to be outside and feel the wind move around me.

• Like 4

I've not experienced a tornado but hurricanes?, Yes.  I can imagine the horror of a tornado though.  Wouldn't want to have one.

There is an area about 75 miles to the north of me where when hurricanes get close to the area tornadoes frequently happen.  I have never been inspired to go see one.

When I was quite young my dad used to bring us tornado hunting when big storms rolled through. Then came a night when something different happened. The storm was intense. The night sky had a strange green sheen to it, and the lightening was purple. We watched as the wind became so intense that the tops of the smaller trees kissed the ground. And then stillness, and sound that could only be compared to the rumble of an oncoming train. We never went tornado hunting again.

• Like 3

http://www.firedocs.com/songwritingideas/mp3s/the-birds/Lisa_Aschmann_-_The_Birds_-_What_I_Love_About_Rain.mp3

Lisa Aschmann wrote and recorded "What I Love About Rain" here.

Art Garfunkel later recorded the song also. I like it.

That's what I love about rain

That's what I love about you

Ilumairen: I've been very close to several tornados that barely missed me, one that literally chased me down a road, and I am very close to Joplin MO (next door neighbor was one of the managing nurses at the hospital wiped out there. She had just left for the day). Drove through there about 10 days later - the corps of engineers and massive volunteers did such amazing impressive effort to get the roads clean - never saw anything like it. Something no news gets through, when your body is there, your body knows, it feels it, the scope of the devastation is literally body-shock. I kept the pics on my phone for a year and then deleted them. Never even looked at them. At first you just keep saying ohmygod ohmygod and then eventually there is just nothing to say. And you come up another rise and a whole 'nuther vista of annihilation as far as the eye can see lays out. 

The green tinge is probably the sylph feeling nauseous LOL. Usually means get underground immediately if you can.

I've had two cool metaphysical experiences with tornados though.

Edited by redcairo
  • Like 1

Hi redcairo,

Yes, as I read your words, I remembered the feelings. There is a photo album at my father's house full of pictures that needed to be taken for the insurance company. He keeps it as a touchstone to survival, and (much more rarely all of these years later) sometimes someone will remember the book, and it will get pulled out. The pictures could never capture the sheer raw power that changed our lives.. the devastation was not so great here.

The hurricane, that was just as you described - vista upon vista of devastation. There are no pictures of that. Only memories of stepping out onto the front porch as the eye of the storm passed overhead, marveling at the peace of it, still able to see and feel the incredible power of nature swirling all around me - this tiny little person, momentarily safe and in awe.

That green tinge is still something all of us look for, and to us, it means that it's time to be scared. And if we don't see a combination of green tinge and purple lightening we trust that we are able to just marvel at the passing storm. It's worked so far. ;)

• Like 1

When I go out into the sun, I avoid the shade. Yes I love the sun :)

I guess my fiancee shouldn't be afraid then.

What a grand turtle shell you have there 3bob!

I haven't had any rain in so long I don't even know if I still love it.

I think the UK has your rain . 

• Like 2

Sounds fine to me    :)  ... love me .... dont smother me in it, dont drown me in it ,  dont sweep me off my feet .  

One that is 'afraid' in love  is heading for   a crash

Love does have an initial big surge though  ...... treat it like a surfer  ... ride love ... dont get 'dumped'

• Like 1

Thankyou Marblehead,

We get cyclones in the northern wet season which is soon to start.

We get rain when a cyclone hits the west coast,we don't usually get the same damage as the west.

get up in the clouds and stir things up with your boomerang 

dreamtimestilts.jpg

• Like 2

When I was quite young my dad used to bring us tornado hunting when big storms rolled through. Then came a night when something different happened. The storm was intense. The night sky had a strange green sheen to it, and the lightening was purple. We watched as the wind became so intense that the tops of the smaller trees kissed the ground. And then stillness, and sound that could only be compared to the rumble of an oncoming train. We never went tornado hunting again.

Yep, I seen that green sky  thing coming  once ... now I know, if I ever see it coming again ....    take cover ! 

• Like 1

That wont do it . Not in a 'green storm'. 

As the above green storm hit, a visitor decided to bolt home, concerned for her kids that were playing in the yard. I tried to stop here, physically, at the door, she had the wild look of concerned motherhood in her eyes. Instead of fighting her, I grabbed the wok hanging near the  kitchen door and told her to use that to protect her head, as by then ginat ragged edged hail was starting to pelt down. 

Later that day, when it cleared she came back to return the wok . he fingers and knuckles were smashed and bloodied, from just holding the wok handles ... imagine her head without it !  I doubt she would have made it home.   She said when she got there, the kids were inside, as soon as it started to hail, they went inside ... of course  ^_^ . 

• Like 3