HoldorFold

Tripped balls on Reishi tea last night

I feel pretty exhausted this morning (it's 11:50 right now actually - I usually wake up at 9am). I haven't done Reishi in several months, so I decided to make a strong brew last night. I made it quite concentrated, probably 10 grams to 3 mugs of water and simmered for 2 hours.

After drinking a cup of the brew I did some stuff then went to bed. It took me probably 3 hours to get to sleep because I was hallucinating pretty hard.... at first I closed my eyes but was wide awake and saw a vision of a blonde woman in a beautiful garden brushing her hair in photo-realistic colour like I was actually there. I opened my eyes, closed them again and then I'd see something else and then my mind started racing a mile a minute with disjointed thoughts and rapid sequences of unrelated visions for about 2.5 hours. At one point I had a clear as day vision of three reptile creatures looking at me, and could make out the minute details of their eyes, skin etc. 

After about 3 hours of this and tossing and turning I finally get to sleep and then wake up late feeling exhausted with slight brain fog and a very mild headache.

Never heard of Reishi doing this to anyone... any idea what could be going on?

• Like 4

Yeah, you'd think so lol

I tend to be very sensitive to stuff in general... like I can feel wifi signals and things. Never heard of Reishi having effects like this though and I'm wondering if it's a good thing or not. 

My ex wife would hallucinate after drinking chamomile tea. I cannot claim to have ever shared the experience.

• Like 2

Yeah, you'd think so lol

I tend to be very sensitive to stuff in general... like I can feel wifi signals and things. Never heard of Reishi having effects like this though and I'm wondering if it's a good thing or not. 

cool anecdote! never tried reishi at such high doses, but i'm not surprised as i get very lucid dreams when taking it before bed (particularly with the purple variety). sounds like a good thing if you ask me, like some type of strong karmic cleanse with the mind opening up to more subtle materiality as it does on psychedelic mushrooms.

interesting you mention the wifi as in my experience it's not particularly subtle, easily felt but maybe i'm 'sensitive' too. i'm surprised people here aren't talking about it more as it's a huge source of incoherence, having a profound impact on energy practices and constantly disrupting our field.

• Like 1

interesting you mention the wifi as in my experience it's not particularly subtle, easily felt but maybe i'm 'sensitive' too. i'm surprised people here aren't talking about it more as it's a huge source of incoherence, having a profound impact on energy practices and constantly disrupting our field.

Yeah wifi effects me big time. I had to turn it off before I went to sleep, once I forgot and I had a dream my brain was really hot and frying from wifi signals... I wake up and was sure I turned it off but it was the one time I forgot.

Another really weird thing I've had for the past few years is when I'm waiting for a lift (aka elevator), I can feel it when it comes up through the ground infront of me... it's like I get slight vertigo and loss of balance when I'm outside the lift without even having stepped inside. I put it down to a big mass of metal coming up through the ground affecting my feet energy centers or something... such a strange feeling.

• Like 1

Regarding wi-fi..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_WLAN_channels

http://gizmodo.com/5629814/giz-explains-why-everything-wireless-is-24ghz

Unless you live in the middle of nowhere, there are phones / radios / wi-fi devices near you pretty much everywhere you go. All of these devices operate using radio waves, generally at 2.4 GHz. (Even if you do live in the middle of nowhere, the waves are still there.) Are you saying you're sensitive to a very specific frequency within the wi-fi device range?

Regarding wi-fi..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_WLAN_channels

http://gizmodo.com/5629814/giz-explains-why-everything-wireless-is-24ghz

Unless you live in the middle of nowhere, there are phones / radios / wi-fi devices near you pretty much everywhere you go. All of these devices operate using radio waves, generally at 2.4 GHz. (Even if you do live in the middle of nowhere, the waves are still there.) Are you saying you're sensitive to a very specific frequency within the wi-fi device range?

the signal is strongest the closest to an operating tower (in the case of wifi - router) you are. so with wifi turning off your router can have a significant effect on the amount of disruption in your field. can't do much about the neighbours etc, but with those you're generally further away, a few walls behind the strongest signal area. same goes for cordless phones where you're broadcasting your own wireless network.

not much you can do about phone signals either, but providing you don't live too close to a mast it isn't half as bad as having a wifi router on in your building.

OP it sounds you like you a high level of awareness-direct perception so it isn't surprising you can sense all kinds of things as well as wireless signals. personally i have wifi off, use ethernet cables and we have corded phones. this made a big difference to the wireless setup, i immediately felt it, especially in meditation. having this stuff going is doing major harm, the newer dual band routers are particularly disruptive.

i would love to make a topic on the whole wireless thing, a friend who joined the forum recently has a wealth of knowledge w/ accompanying science on this issue, it's way more serious than most realise.

Edited by wilfred
  • Like 1

i would love to make a topic on the whole wireless thing, a friend who joined the forum recently has a wealth of knowledge w/ accompanying science on this issue, it's way more serious than most realise.

Please do make a topic. Could be very interesting.

Till then, I will remain dubious that people are that sensitive to specific devices, or that any of it is particularly dangerous at all. As pointed out here, "the wavelength of Wi-Fi signals is the same as the cosmic background radiation: 12cm. If you're worried, don't go outside."

Sorry, will stop going off-topic now.

After reading this thread, I ordered 1lbs of Reishi powder.

First day I took ~3g. Noticed effects not unlike the ramping up of a psychedelic coming on, but no visuals and no trip, and it seemed to last for more than 24hrs. No flood of serotonin and dopamine sensation, just an odd perception like looking through a different set of eyes, more clarity in some ways less clarity in others.

Following day perception felt oddly neutral rather than holding back tears of joy as usual. Had to mindfully stay awake at work, and when I got home I had to nap a couple times, then I felt fine. This is very different than than after a psychedelic experience which leaves me feeling like I'm glowing with positive energy (and very humbled).

Waited 2 days and took 5g last night 2 hours before bed. My wife and I got into a chilly bed, I did some deep breathing to generate heat to warm us (which works extremely well). While deep breathing, I had a sensation like a thread being drawn out of the middle of my forehead, as I continued to take deep breaths, it grew from a single thread to the sensation of a buzzing vibrating rope being pulled rapidly from my forehead. Words can't adequately describe the next perception, but I will attempt in vain anyways. I had the sensation of what I can only describe as energy blasting out of my forehead in a cone shaped path, and further this energy was encountering other forms of energy that were either drawn to it or just happened to be there.

Somehow I was able to share awareness intent with the perception of other energies that unless they wanted to become only unconditional Love, they should keep their distance, some left, some stayed, then with a steady flow of deep breaths and mindful focus I expanded this cone of Love energy still very tactically erupting from my forehead to try to encompass the whole universe. This was working and I won't even try to describe the sensation, then I lost awareness of everything (maybe passed out?). I don't know how long it was before I woke again, but I was covered in sweat and fatigued, and the presence of many humbling powerful 'energies' (I don't know how to describe the very clear perception of an energy being). I again attempted to blast the tremendous cone of Love energy, but it felt only like drawing the little thread through very weakly, I took some deep breaths and it increased to a steady slow thread drawing sensation again. I felt physically and mentally exhausted, and somehow communicated my intent was to become only Loving energy and that I Loved and accepted all of the universe and it's beings unconditionally, then fell asleep.

No dreams, woke feeling great and normal. Today behind the center of my forehead has been giving the sensation of a faint tickle.

I offer no explanation, just sharing my experience with Reishi (and not in large doses, and I didn't boil it first, just added powder to water and drank). I've never had an experience like that before in all the plants I've asked for teachings.

Unlimited Love,

-Bud

Edited by Bud Jetsun
  • Like 4

Interesting! Will have to check it out. I see it on Amazon for $29.95 a pound. Anyone think that their source is a better buy?

What comes to mind here is a metaphor by the philosopher Itzhak Bentov according to which the psyche of an individual being expands upwards like a cone. The higher you go, the more it intersects with other cones. On the highest level, there is but one field of consciousness. It would seem that the reishi increased your awareness of your "cone" joining all the others.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Michael Sternbach
  • Like 1

What comes to mind here is a metaphor by the philosopher Itzhak Bentov according to which the psyche of an individual being expands upwards like a cone. The higher you go, the more it intersects with other cones. On the highest level, there is but one field of consciousness. It would seem that the reishi increased your awareness of your "cone" joining all the others.

Hope this helps.

I get that from weed. Like we're all interconnected in a spiraling structure.