Junko

What are you eating?

What I LIKE to eat & what I CAN eat are two different things.

Type II Diabetes places a lot of restrictions on your Daily Diet. :mellow:

What I LIKE to eat & what I CAN eat are two different things.

Type II Diabetes places a lot of restrictions on your Daily Diet. :mellow:

Sorry to hear that. Can you eat peanuts? :)

My father's family was from Dothan, Alabama:

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Dothan+AL+Peanut+Statues

:)

My administrative assistant gave me a bag of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups for National Boss's Day and I was literally eating one when I opened this thread. No redeeming value other than deliciousness -- which is good enough once in a while.

Not as good as fresh roasted goobers, though.

• Like 1

Peanuts eh ....  lately I have had a hankering for satay and gado gado ..... and make my own peanut sauce ,,,, yum ! 

gado-gado.jpg

• Like 2

Are you talking about roasting people from Georgia or Arkansas? :o

That would be mean.

Not this one, either:

goober.jpg

Wonder if you are sensitive to the chi that develops in the head after eating a reeses. Makes one who is very sensitive to chi feel the chi stuck in the middle of the head. I don't get that sensation with natural peanut butter cups, like Trader Joe's brands.

Interesting.

Don't think I am that sensitive but I'll try to pay attention next time.

• Like 1

A Mexican takeout -- shrimp, guacamole, pico de gallo, marinated carrots and jalapenos. 

Had to look up Pico de Gallo cos I thought maybe you were eating a capon, and nobody says capon anymore not since Shakespeare - but it seems to have nothing to do with Gallo as per ingredients.

(capon = castrated cock - which will give most DaoBums nightmares ha ha).

and this is a gallo

gallo.jpg

Edited by Apech
  • Like 3

Had to look up Pico de Gallo cos I thought maybe you were eating a capon, and nobody says capon anymore not since Shakespeare -

quote-and-then-the-justice-in-fair-round

• Like 1

Hi Junko,

I like Peanuts, but (some) Doctors advise against me eating them.

Dried Fruit is also (apparently) a no-no for type 2 Diabetics !!

I don't have to take a blood sugar reading, at the moment, as my Diet has improved quite a lot (more Veg less Chocs & Desserts) and I've lost a bit of weight and my blood pressure has dropped as I've increased the amount of time I exercise.

I'm off the Statins and am eating a lot of Almonds now tho ;)

• Like 5

a medium-sized bowl of .... what should I call it? Glop comes pretty close.

Black "Beluga" Lentil base with beef broth, assorted spices (cumin, tumeric, garlic, chili, etc) chunks of smoked salmon filet, tofu cubes, white balsamic vinegar, a little tomato paste ... and probably a couple things I'm forgetting. Oh, and a sizable pinch of dried Bhut Jolokia :wacko:

A big glass of hot water to wash it down.

This is the kind of thing that nobody mooches off you when you eat it :-)

• Like 4

Had to look up Pico de Gallo cos I thought maybe you were eating a capon, and nobody says capon anymore not since Shakespeare - but it seems to have nothing to do with Gallo as per ingredients.

(capon = castrated cock - which will give most DaoBums nightmares ha ha).

and this is a gallo

gallo.jpg

No, a different animal is involved -- you need an Alligator to chop the vegetables.  It's great fun to use too -- you just give it a smack, and it goes clang with its jaws...  done. 

Pico+de+Gallo+800+1312.jpg

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 1

Hi Junko,

I like Peanuts, but (some) Doctors advise against me eating them.

Dried Fruit is also (apparently) a no-no for type 2 Diabetics !!

I don't have to take a blood sugar reading, at the moment, as my Diet has improved quite a lot (more Veg less Chocs & Desserts) and I've lost a bit of weight and my blood pressure has dropped as I've increased the amount of time I exercise.

I'm off the Statins and am eating a lot of Almonds now tho ;)

Thank you. May I ask what kind of exercise you are doing? I'm running on my treadmills every day. Edited by Junko

Brisk Daily Walks, sometimes with the Dogs, but mostly without. As they're both getting on a bit (10 years old).

The Dog loves "Walkies", but gets aches & pains and is stiff the following day, if taken too far.

The Bitch loves a slow stroll..........so I can't get my heartbeat up when taking her out !!!

LOL

I'm also practising T'ai Chi & a soft style of Kung Fu.

But we have a Gym in the Office, so perhaps using the Treadmill here would make more sense !!

• Like 1

Brisk Daily Walks, sometimes with the Dogs, but mostly without. As they're both getting on a bit (10 years old).

The Dog loves "Walkies", but gets aches & pains and is stiff the following day, if taken too far.

The Bitch loves a slow stroll..........so I can't get my heartbeat up when taking her out !!!

LOL

I'm also practising T'ai Chi & a soft style of Kung Fu.

But we have a Gym in the Office, so perhaps using the Treadmill here would make more sense !!

I have dogs too.One is a swiss mountain dog and the other is a papillon. My husband is practicing T'ai Chi also. btw.
  • Like 1

Tonight, I'm eating Indian food at a restaurant, together with my husband. I'm finishing a vegetables curry with coconut milk.But what am I going to have for dessert?

• Like 3

Asian pears, to help moisten the Lung during this time of autumn dryness.
Isn't it difficult to get Asian pears in western country?
  • Like 2

I disposed of my leftover hot salsa (from the Mexican takeout the other day) by putting it in my kefir lassie -- which is a vegetable concoction in my case, not fruit and not sweet as in a typical Indian dessert.  This is my supercharge-before-taiji breakfast:

into the blender go organic kefir (Lifeway), a raw egg, a spoon of He Shou Wu granules, a tomato and whatever greens I have on hand, and something sharp -- horseradish, ginger, chile or jalapeno, or, like today, hot salsa.  A little salt too.  Thunder, lightning, I'm ready for the sword practice!   :D

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 5