bindo

Spontaneous qigong

thanks, nice site, keeping it.

caught interest in your post, because my greatest pleasure these days

are the spontaneous movements.

I have no ideas in my head, just follow the natural moves of the body.

It is not the mind expressing itself, but reflections from the body

the same as sitting meditation of the mind..

meditation in movement.

because my greatest pleasure these days

are the spontaneous movements.

Yep likewise ! :)

Did anyone tried this system out or ever bought the course online ?

Also when meditation in movement was mentioned above i thought of sumthing else i read about here on the forum: the running meditation .. about keep running hours on an end in a meditative state. A shamanistic practice i dunno ?

Wanted to ask if anyone knows more about this practice also ?

Yep likewise ! :)

Did anyone tried this system out or ever bought the course online ?

Also when meditation in movement was mentioned above i thought of sumthing else i read about here on the forum: the running meditation .. about keep running hours on an end in a meditative state. A shamanistic practice i dunno ?

Wanted to ask if anyone knows more about this practice also ?

Max taught it at the kunlun seminar. You stand on your toes with your heels touching and your hands over head in a particular mudra while activating the kunlun energy. He said the Taoists used it to run 200 miles in a night. This ability is also mentioned in Opening The Dragon Gate.

american indian tradition as well. legs like pistons. use the space between upright and wuji. soft feet cupping and aligning.

Sorry to post this here but it didn't seem worthwhile to start q new topic.

Spectrum what is your avatar.

A cowboy sitting on an ostrich?

It's too small for me to see.

I make out what appears to be steps in the background.

Sorry to post this here but it didn't seem worthwhile to start q new topic.

Spectrum what is your avatar.

A cowboy sitting on an ostrich?

YippeKaYeah!

Edited by Spectrum

YippeKaYeah!

Reminds me of a vacation slide show where you're explaining things that

are visually in your mind and not in the projected slide.

Anyhoo enlarging your avitar does not bring it anymore into focus.

Here's an interesting site that sounds a lot like kunlun.

Shuichuan

Have you ever noticed how the hippies had a very "spontaneous", or free form way of dancing, back in the 60's.? They had a little "acid qigong' thing going on there.

Transmission by LSD! Sounds like trouble.

Max taught it at the kunlun seminar. You stand on your toes with your heels touching and your hands over head in a particular mudra while activating the kunlun energy. He said the Taoists used it to run 200 miles in a night. This ability is also mentioned in Opening The Dragon Gate.
Interesting...and after holding that pose for some time...then you drop it and start running?

I'd like to hear more actual student feedback, though..

So, who's going to give this course a test-spin? NZD$250.00 or $192 USD.

You stand on your toes with your heels touching and your hands over head in a particular mudra while activating the kunlun energy!

This is interesting anyone know the mudra or tried this?

Here's an interesting site that sounds a lot like kunlun.

Shuichuan

Actually, this isn't any different IMHO from the higher/est levels of Qi Gong of any style. The ultimate goal is always Wu Wei or formlessness and/or spontaneous flow. I definitely think that the practice of this even at early stages is very beneficial. However, learned forms are also essential for one very important reason:

Both the physical body and energetic body gets trapped into patterns or habits... sometimes to such an extent that to do anything other than that pattern is completely outside the energetic or physical consciousness. Thus, a person may move freely/spontaneously, but it will tend to be in the context of known movement patterns because these are what feel most natural and are naturally followed by your energy (following the easiest path like water which will choose to go around a hard object if it can rather than through it). It is similar to expression through speech... I may speak spontaneously, but I'm not likely to use words I don't already use on a dail basis... thus the flow will be restricted by the boundaries of known patterns. So, learning specific forms either through a teacher or (even better) through personal investigation of your own patterns and boundaries (becoming more self aware of your habits and patterns) is essential to expanding the boundaries of your expression (expanding your vocabulary). To be effective, both paths should be walked simultaneously. Learn knew movements, and learn to move into and between all known patterns spontaneously and fluidly. This is Wu Qi, or Wu Xing Qi if you prefer :).

I just started the Shuichuan course.

It's done standing up, which is a nice change of pace from kunlun. I'll keep ya'll updated on how it goes. ^_^

I've been taking the course with my wife since June. I like the course and the teacher Elisabeth is pretty good.

She puts a lot of thought into the emails she writes to us. The course covers a lot of things like Zi Fa Gong (spontaneous movement meditation), Shuichuan Divination, and Wai Qi Healing. You also to learn to become aware of your inner animal forces that protect and help you. My wife and I both like the course. Craig

I've been taking the course with my wife since June. I like the course and the teacher Elisabeth is pretty good.

She puts a lot of thought into the emails she writes to us. The course covers a lot of things like Zi Fa Gong (spontaneous movement meditation), Shuichuan Divination, and Wai Qi Healing. You also to learn to become aware of your inner animal forces that protect and help you. My wife and I both like the course. Craig

Does it sound similar to Kunlun and generate spontaneous movements? Would you recommend the course? Thank you...

Hey craig, can you tell a bit more about the contents, is it several excercises or 1 mainposture or ? Whats Shuichuan Divination ? is the system powerfull, what are the results with you ?

Kind regards, a curious Mike

Actually, this isn't any different IMHO from the higher/est levels of Qi Gong of any style. The ultimate goal is always Wu Wei or formlessness and/or spontaneous flow. I definitely think that the practice of this even at early stages is very beneficial. However, learned forms are also essential for one very important reason:

Both the physical body and energetic body gets trapped into patterns or habits... sometimes to such an extent that to do anything other than that pattern is completely outside the energetic or physical consciousness. Thus, a person may move freely/spontaneously, but it will tend to be in the context of known movement patterns because these are what feel most natural and are naturally followed by your energy (following the easiest path like water which will choose to go around a hard object if it can rather than through it). It is similar to expression through speech... I may speak spontaneously, but I'm not likely to use words I don't already use on a dail basis... thus the flow will be restricted by the boundaries of known patterns. So, learning specific forms either through a teacher or (even better) through personal investigation of your own patterns and boundaries (becoming more self aware of your habits and patterns) is essential to expanding the boundaries of your expression (expanding your vocabulary). To be effective, both paths should be walked simultaneously. Learn knew movements, and learn to move into and between all known patterns spontaneously and fluidly. This is Wu Qi, or Wu Xing Qi if you prefer :).

I really appreciate your post WuXingQi! (better late than never)

Edited by rain

I would recommend the Shuichuan course. Elisabeth is a very good teacher and is patient with her students even if it is by internet for the correspondence students. She gave my wife some healings to get rid of some negative energy that was effecting her. There are several techniques that are taught in the course.

The beginning exercise is called Zi Fa Gong (spontaneous movement meditation). It is taught standing but I have found that I can do it laying down, sitting, and also walking. I like the course. I can definitely feel the energy when I am practicing it.

I also learned Kunlun. At first the energy felt different. Now though sometimes the energy seems like it comes from the same source. I guess the energies of the two have mixed for me. Craig

• Like 1

Thanx alot Craig, looks very intresting. I know zi fa gong, free chiflow, its very powerfull certainly over time and great for cleaning up the energetic system and healing yourself. I think i gonna give the course a try.

Regards, Mike

I also learned Kunlun. At first the energy felt different. Now though sometimes the energy seems like it comes from the same source. I guess the energies of the two have mixed for me. Craig

way cool thread!!

While I haven't tried other techniques aside from Kunlun, I strongly suspect that they are all essentially the same energy.

Now that I've had more exposure to Kunlun, I can give a stronger recommendation for "Shaking Medicine" by Keeney. He really does a great job unpacking all of this and is the best single overview of the territory.

I look forward to hearing more about people's Shuichuan experiences!

Craig and Scott, I'd love to be able to do Kunlun without moving and I know that is a natural development down the road but if the Shuichuan technique can make that happen sooner let me know.

Your pal,

Yoda

(for anyone just tuning in, there is debate as to whether spontaneous chikung is compatible with kundalini and other practices, so just keep that in mind.)

Btw, I was reading in Shaking Medicine (paraphrased): had the Shakers known about the Bushman pump, they would have taken their practice up another whole notch.

I am of the opinion that new spontaneous movements will just arise when one is ready. Keeney seems to suggest that if they had known this one move, they could have gone further with their practice.

Anyone know what the bushman pump looks like?

:lol:

(for anyone just tuning in, Yoda ain't right... you are supposed to just let the process unfold naturally on its own time.)

riding the ostrich..doing the the "hippie hippie shake", & "the ethiopean hip

and shoulder dance" ..

start with qigong and the spontaneous qigong appears by it self. its in the nature of qigong.