Sign in to follow this  
LAOLONG

Ancient Mystery structures in kazakhstan

“The idea that foragers could amass the numbers of people necessary to undertake large-scale projects ... has caused archaeologists to deeply rethink the nature and timing of sophisticated large-scale human organization as one that predates settled and civilized societies.”

No shit.

I'm starting to get really sick of the common idea that, before agriculture and cities, everyone ran around half-starved and disease-ridden, killing and raping each other.

• Like 3

Slightly spinning off topic:

Ancient humans worked together as a unit. They were as intelligent as we are today, but didn't concern themselves with individual identity as much. They had time to get a job done, and to get it done well. Each person/family worked a stone perfectly to show their love for the communal structure being built...because as a whole it represented them/us. The tighter the stones fit together, the stronger their community. The craftsmanship gets better the further back you look, because we became gradually seperated from those ideals. Life became about the individual, working fast, and quantity over quality.

Some of that pre-flood, pre-Inca stonework just baffles the mind....and places like Derinkuyu *jaw drop*

• Like 2

Interesting ... I am not surprised, Kazakstan is HUUUGE ... check it out. And it is an area that most western education systems dont really focus on.

It has a very important past , especially as an area that produced ( or bought through )  a wide range of people into the Iranian and Central Asia area.   These are parts of the first organised societies  .... yet the west has never looked into this area until the 1970s ... by then, and ever since  war and difficult environment have made it hard to investigate.

Interesting people ! ... including the 'Saka' ;

http://www.heritageinstitute.com/zoroastrianism/saka/

and interconnected with the ' Nations of the Vendidad'

http://s3.postimg.org/y5b8l11tf/16_ahura_nations.jpg

The area is full of stuff , and little known .... all the way down to the Hindu Kush 

" The unveiling of a 4,000-year-old civilization calls into question conventional ideas about ancient culture, trade, and religion. "

http://discovermagazine.com/2006/nov/ancient-towns-excavated-turkmenistan

oxus428.jpg

• Like 1

Interesting ... I am not surprised, Kazakstan is HUUUGE ... check it out. And it is an area that most western education systems dont really focus on.

Yes.

I made friends with a few Kazakhs my first year in Beijing (we used to get high together, drink tequila, eat Xinjiang food.. I miss them). At that time, when I looked for Kazakhstan on the map, I was astonished at how big it was -- and how little I'd ever heard about it.

Even now, years later, when I look at a map of the world I'm still surprised to note how big it is.

In addition to the awesome history you mention, I'd think modern Kazakhstan would be in the public eye a little more, considering its authoritarian regime, majority Muslim population, and massive oil reserves... isn't that a media trifecta?

Edited by dustybeijing
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this