Thea Fortuna

Heard a Disturbing Story about Max Christensen

ok, so you basically created this account to come here and spread rumors about Max Christensen. Am I reading you correctly? You didn't mention any of this in your introduction.

• Like 5

It sounds to me like the "teachers" you were learning from may have some energetic juice but are more interested in psychopathic games with their students than actually teaching. Personally, I wouldn't take a third hand story as the most accurate of things. There are a lot of stories about Max and Kunlun. I'll admit my ignorance of a lot of it. Do you know Max? I don't, so I don't talk about him - but I have heard lots of stories.

• Like 3

Removing this post because of questionable sources.

Welcome to TDB :)

What'd I miss?  CliffsNotes, anyone? :huh:

Here are the first few words from each original paragraph... you can fill in the missing parts however you wish:

What I’m about to write sounds crazy to me,...

The way I got this information is a little complicated....

I am one many students who have left our former Theurgic school/cult ...

The cult we left is lead by two twin brothers....

Except for with their closer students, ...

Anyway, I was a student for 3.5 years,...

Once we began speaking out,...

A few days ago, ...

That’s all I know about it....

:D

• Like 3

No idea, but Max can be pretty out there.  I take many of his stories in the parable sense.. ie not literally.  (I have a pretty sack of 'Don't Know' in my head).

If you're looking for a simple esoteric art, source of spontaneous gi gung and don't mind a little far out stuff then I'd say try one of his seminars.   He's a hands off kind of teacher.  Which means much of the experience is up to you, good or bad.   People had pretty deep 'opening up' experiences at the seminar I went to.

Its been over 10 years since I took a seminar with him.  I wonder how his teaching has changed?  I've always found it worthwhile to meet high energy esoteric folk like him.  May not follow them but they open up the brain a bit.

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 2

Some dude's digging up human heads and performing rituals with them. Some of his followers were surprised, even though his temple had been a mobile home the whole time. 

And I guess the twist is that it all might be untrue. 

The source was verified so it's back up. Sorry about the confusion. Something someone said made me question the validity of the story so I wanted to take the post down until I could verify that the story was reliable. It is definitely from a reliable source.

• Like 1

A reliable source you've already told us is a known opportunistic liar? Or do you mean the reliable source is the person whom claims to have heard the story from the known liar?

I'm confused.

Sounds like third-hand libel to me.

• Like 2

A reliable source you've already told us is a known opportunistic liar? Or do you mean the reliable source is the person whom claims to have heard the story from the known liar?

I'm confused.

Sounds like third-hand libel to me.

It's also an extension of a much larger dramafest that's been going on surrounding the teachers mentioned and several of their students who left them and then began a rather extensive campaign of online attacks against them. So yeah, grain of salt and all that, there's no objectivity and a definite agenda here - mods might want to keep an eye on this one.

Edited by Aeran
  • Like 2

It's also an extension of a much larger dramafest that's been going on surrounding the teachers mentioned and several of their students who left them and then began a rather extensive campaign of online attacks against them. So yeah, grain of salt and all that, there's no objectivity and a definite agenda here - mods might want to keep an eye on this one.

See post #2

• Like 2

OK, here's what happened, for those who need to have the blanks filled.

When the OP posted in the lobby, I was about to welcome her by saying that she has one of the three coolest names I've ever heard (the other two being Darita-Rose Pendragon and Florentino Buenaventura, in case anyone's been wondering.)    But just as I was about to start typing, my computer screen went blank, then Max appeared on it, you know, if you ever saw him in person, how otherworldly his eyes are, right? -- so he looked at me with those Kryptonite eyes and slowly shook his head, whereupon the screen blinked back to normal.  I took it as a sign not to post the welcome.  I still like the name, Thea Fortuna.

Max is Maoshan.  Digging masters' heads out of the graves to receive teachings from those of them willing to teach is highly unlikely as Maoshan procedures for these things go.  A Maoshan sorcerer simply does not have to be this crude.  In a typical case, he or she will cut an effigy out of the wood of a thunder-stricken tree, and the spirit of the master (or anyone else for that matter) can be trapped within and obey the sorcerer.  Those of you who will recall that Max is known as Lama Thunderbolt and skilled in woodwork (he makes Mongolian drums, e.g.) might take a clue about his being prepared, if he so chooses, to use this classical method -- though knowing whether he uses it or not is impossible, Maoshan people reveal exactly as much as they want to and conceal whatever they don't want to reveal -- in all likelihood a much greater amount of information.  This comes with the territory.  Maoshan is nothing if not secretive -- that's one reason for the incessant rumors around it, from ridiculous to defamatory to, on occasion, movies-inspired.   

In any event, I would advise anyone who would do so for whatever reason to try to avoid pissing off a Maoshan sorcerer at all costs.  At all costs. 

Interesting story. Also I would agree, it's a very crude way of working with the dead. You shouldn't need to dig up a body to have a chat.

• Like 2

Yeah I can't see why you would (although I'm no expert - perhaps it's harder to establish a connection if there's no lineage/karmic relationship?) - but in general I don't see a problem with having a chat with deceased master, as long as you're respectful about it. 

. We asked our friend if he thought the brother could be lying about Max to discredit him, but our friend said the brother was telling the story like it was a funny and interesting thing, not a bad thing. He was telling it because he thought it was something the students would enjoy.

A fairly well known teacher once boasted that he brings human body parts home from a morgue  to study TCM. He boasted about it publicly on an open internet forum.

Though they’ve also said quite often that masters don’t have to love within the common constraints of morality, because they are so in tune with the will of God. The weird thing was, our friend says that he was the only want to seem disturbed by this story at all. Maybe this is some kind of more common practice than I realize?

His students ooh-ed and aah-ed in response, and asked thoughtful questions, without anyone vomiting in their mouths a little.

The thing is that "western taoism" (which of course is no taoism at all) sells powers. Only evil people sell powers or buy powers. On the upside there are no powers. All they trade in is just  one big evil fantasy.

• Like 2

*Source have been verified. Reposting.*

What I’m about to write sounds crazy to me, and honestly I have no idea if it’s true or not. I’m writing this because if there is any chance it is true, I think people have the right to know. I'm sorry if this upsets anyone.

The way I got this information is a little complicated. I’m not a student of Max. I’ve read some of the Kunlun book, but haven’t gone any further than that. A couple years ago we planned to get more involved in Kunlun, but as I read more threads here I decided not to. I heard about him through my former "spiritual teachers," as he's their main teacher at the moment.

I am one many students who have left our former Theurgic school/cult within the last 2 years. I don’t want to name it here, because I don’t want this thread to show up on a search engine, because the person who told us this story does not want it traced back to him.

The cult we left is lead by two twin brothers. One of their teachers is Max Christensen. They claim to have many teachers, and did have a Kriya Yoga guru for a long time, whom they still claim to be close to, but for the last 3 years (at least) they have been gearing more of their practices and teachings towards Taoism, and talking more about Max, though usually not saying his name. After reading more of the threads here I realized that the demonstration they often do, where they throw students back with their energy, sometimes sending them flying/rolling (I hit my head on the ground, which he laughed about so I never did it again. My mom, who was also in the school for about a year, got an “energy push” from one of the brothers, felt like she had an incredibly painful bruised rib for a month afterwards), they probably learned from Max. They teach practices now that they claim that is derived from Taoist alchemy. He may have learned it from Max, but after we left the school we found very similar practices on my mom’s Spring Forest Qigong (by Chunyi Lin) DVDs, maybe they're just common practices. I was also very surprised to read a thread here where people mentioned that they were visited by entities and reptiles when they practiced Kunlun, because a similar thing happened to me when I started doing the practices in my school. I'm not sure it was exactly the same, but I was surprised nonetheless.

Except for with their closer students, they didn’t talk too much about Max by name (they usually called him their Tao-shur, or however it's spelled), because they didn’t want to lose students to him. They do that with all their teachers. Instead they made him seem like a mysterious master. To us, who were closer to them, they basically they made it sound like they visited Max regularly and were close friends with him. They lie a lot so I don’t know what to believe. They claimed they are very close disciples of the Kriya Yoga guru too, which I know now isn’t true; they aren't nearly as close to him as they claim (when I first met the Guru and told him that we knew the brothers, he didn’t remember them).

Anyway, I was a student for 3.5 years, much that time I lived nearby and visited their ‘temple’ (a mobile home) every week, sometimes multiple times per week. The school is pretty small but has students from all over the world, who study online, and attend gatherings and mountain retreats. About 25 of us lived in the same town and were considered local students. My husband was one of their top teachers before he left. Recently, a group of former students, including two former teachers, started speaking out publicly against them, as we felt it was our duty because they have been hurting and exploiting their students spiritually, physically, emotionally, mentally, and financially.

Once we began speaking out, many current students started contacting us with questions, criticism, or support. They also have been telling us some things that has been happening in the school since we left. That’s why I’m writing this.

A few days ago, one of our friends told us about a time within the last year when he was at the ‘temple’ listening to a lecture. One of the brothers told them all a story about Max. The brother said that Max would go to the graves of masters and adepts, dig them up, take their heads, and bring them back to his ritual room. He would then do some kind of Taoist magic to reanimate them, so they would teach him mysteries and high practices. The brother went on to say that one time Max did this with a big Kahuna of Hawaii, who told him if he didn’t immediately put his head back where he got it, he would make it his mission to destroy him. He put it back. So it doesn’t seem like this is in line with the will of these adepts, at least not all of them.

That’s all I know about it. I don’t think the person who told us that is lying; he’s always seemed to be trustworthy to me. The ‘Hierophant’ he heard it from is known to lie very often. However, usually when he lies it’s to make himself look good. I’m not sure how it would make himself look good to say that your main teacher practices necromancy. He does tend to badmouth his yoga teacher, however, to prevent students from wanting to learn from him, so it’s possible he was trying to do the same with Max. However, he’s distanced himself a lot from Kriya and their (former?) guru, whereas when he talks about Max he’s always very positive. We asked our friend if he thought the brother could be lying about Max to discredit him, but our friend said the brother was telling the story like it was a funny and interesting thing, not a bad thing. He was telling it because he thought it was something the students would enjoy. It’s especially strange to me because they've always claimed to be totally against sorcery and necromancy. Though they’ve also said quite often that masters don’t have to love within the common constraints of morality, because they are so in tune with the will of God. The weird thing was, our friend says that he was the only want to seem disturbed by this story at all. Maybe this is some kind of more common practice than I realize?

Not that easy to dig a hole several feet deep and then break through a coffin to excavate a head, to begin with... Not to mention, then "reanimate" it like some Halloween gag? And then, to somehow "force" it to reveal secrets??? Just a bit beyond the pale, here??? :lol:

I'd like to see Max, or anyone, "reanimate" a dead roach, just for starters, lol...

And this story could have been a way for these cult leaders to simultaneously impress (and retain) their students, but also keep them from learning directly from Max. As in - "Max himself is a POWERFUL but DARK guru...so if you stick with middlemen like us, we can teach you how to safely attain all his powers, but minus all his scary creepiness." Bait with power & control with fear...

Edited by gendao
  • Like 7

Voodoo has a similar theme with possessing a head/skull.

There are gnostic myths of jesus owning the empowered skull of the beheaded john the baptist.

Sorcery Necromancy and NeiDan are intertwined.

The left hand of a convicted criminal was cut off after he died- and it was cherished as the "Hand Of Glory"

Those who are initiated, and are in a few hardcore circles- know that this sort of stuff is pretty common

Cemeteries have been used for rituals since forever (Yin ghosts)

• Like 1

Main stream Catholicism can appear pretty ghoulish in there love of saint body parts.  

I'm surprised they don't pass out vampire teeth with the wafers and wine.   

back to OP: As far as crazy unsubstantiated gossipy rumors go- I rank this closer to highly doubtful then 'Don't Know'.

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 2

Yes, it´s crude, not to mention ethically questionable, but if Max really did dig up old masters heads and reanimate them to learn ancient wisdom, well, that´s a teacher I´d want to learn from. Pretty powerful stuff. Right up there with lighting a small fire with your chi. Now if only we had a confirmatory youtube video.

Liminal

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 2

Yes, it´s crude, not to mention ethically questionable, but if Max really did dig up old masters heads and reanimate them to learn ancient wisdom, well, that´s a teacher I´d want to learn from. Pretty powerful stuff. Right up there with lighting a small fire with your chi. Now if only we had a confirmatory youtube video.

Liminal

^^^Found this documentary on YouTube:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

A kapala is often used in Tantric rituals, both by Hindu's and Tibetan's. Two small skulls fit together make an excellent damaru.

(224)large_TS101.101.jpg