Everything

How do you most often feel?

I'm curious how you most often feel. I most often feel bored or content. I fluctuate between those. What emotion do you most often feel? Here are some examples of emotions you can pick from.

Joy, Empowered, Free, Love, Appreciation.

Passion.

Enthusiastic, Eager, Happy.

Optimistic.

Hopeful.

Content.

Bored.

Pessimistic.

Frustrated, irritated, impatient.

Overwhelmed.

Dissapointed.

Doubt.

Worry.

Blame

Discouraged.

Angry.

Revengeful.

Hateful, Enraged.

Jealous.

Insecure, Guilty, Unworthy.

Fearful, Sad, Grief, Depression, Despair, Powerless.

Am I the only one experiencing mostly and only boredom and contentment? Is that like the standard emotion for all people, or do you guys feel mostly other emotions than boredom and contentment. Which emotion do you most often feel? You can also make up your own word or sentence to describe how you most often feel.

Thanks, looking forward to reading the replies!

Edited by Everything
  • Like 1

TTC 42.

The Way bears sensation,
Sensation bears memory,
Sensation and memory bear abstraction,
And abstraction bears all the world;
Each thing in the world bears feeling and doing,
And, imbued with mind, harmony with the Way.

As others have taught, so do I teach,
"Who loses harmony opposes nature";
This is the root of my teaching.

So when feeling and doing is imbued with the mind, it bears harmony with the Way, and this is all that is necessary to lock into alignment with the Tao. Hence I ask, how do you most often feel? It is good to always become conscious of your emotions. They are there for a reason afterall.

Edited by Everything

Honestly, I mostly feel no emotion. I guess it could be called "contentment" but that suggests more engagement than is present.

Contempt or disdain used to be fairly common for me (primarily directed towards those I considered "willfully ignorant") but it has been replaced by compassion.

• Like 2

Yeah, peace and contentment ain't all that bad.  Being divorced and retired help though.

Old age pains cause me to think of my body more often than I like to but that's a different topic.

• Like 3

Everything,

I believe that the dominant emotions  of a person changes over time / age.  Contentment arises later, not during youth.  Boredom is never good,  but  stillness/tranquility  is  different.  I also think that everyone experiences all the emotions you listed during their lifetime - the intensity maybe felt at different depths by each one of us.

Happy.

these ones

Content.

Am I the only one experiencing mostly and only boredom and contentment? Is that like the standard emotion for all people, or do you guys feel mostly other emotions than boredom and contentment. Which emotion do you most often feel? You can also make up your own word or sentence to describe how you most often feel.

you listed many more negs than pos ? 

Honestly, I mostly feel no emotion. I guess it could be called "contentment" but that suggests more engagement than is present.

Contempt or disdain used to be fairly common for me (primarily directed towards those I considered "willfully ignorant") but it has been replaced by compassion.

Oh ... thats looking down on people a bit isnt it ?

I replaced compassion for ' amusement  '     ^_^

Edited by Nungali

Oh ... thats looking down on people a bit isnt it ?

I replaced compassion for ' amusement ' ^_^

Yes, it was.

Oh, yeah -- amusement. I feel that, too.

:)

Enthusiastic and eager perhaps...but I don't know if happy is the right word to follow.

I always feel like I'm on a mission. On holiday in Thailand...the missus is trying to converse as we head to a destination...I'm focussed on the task at hand on just getting there.

Or perhaps that's just a male vs female thing XD

But I'm often like this at home. Very focused on doing whatever I want to get done in the day. Everything is goal orientated...I feel conflicted from time to time whether this is healthy or not. But it's just what I do!

hmm... sort of ... observant? Indifferently bewildered? Is that an emotion?

It's a state of mind.  But then, emotions are states of our mind so, yes, "indifferently bewildered" could be said to be an emotion.

• Like 1

Emotions are basically reactive responses based on projections and momentary imbalances due to mistaken identification between what is actually occurring in that particular moment superimposed against collective habits and resultant views accumulated over one's lifetime. 

You mean you are overwhelmed or perhaps neutral? Neutrality is what I also often feel. Kinda in between boredom and contentment. Not content, neither bored, just neutral. Atleast I feel that way.

• Like 1

Emotions are basically reactive responses based on projections and momentary imbalances due to mistaken identification between what is actually occurring in that particular moment superimposed against collective habits and resultant views accumulated over one's lifetime.

So you also feel neutrality, stilness and tranquility most of the time? Or just no emotions at all? Edited by Everything
  • Like 1

these ones

you listed many more negs than pos ?

Wow that must feel really good, right? I've only experienced those emotions 2 weeks in my whole life, best time of my life. Now I'm mostly tranquil.

Yeah more negative emotions. I don't know why. Maybe because negative energy is more complex?

Edited by Everything

Everything,

I believe that the dominant emotions of a person changes over time / age. Contentment arises later, not during youth. Boredom is never good, but stillness/tranquility is different. I also think that everyone experiences all the emotions you listed during their lifetime - the intensity maybe felt at different depths by each one of us.

Yeah maybe neutrality is not the best word to describe how I feel, but stilness and tranquility is. I feel very tranquil very often.

You mean you are overwhelmed or perhaps neutral? Neutrality is what I also often feel. Kinda in between boredom and contentment. Not content, neither bored, just neutral. Atleast I feel that way.

I think I meant that I don't always understand people and their motives, but I don't really care, either

I think I meant that I don't always understand people and their motives, but I don't really care, either

What am I suppose to do with that? That's not even an emotion. And I can't explain to you people their motives if you don't really care. Or do you mean by "really" that you actually do care a little bit? Cause if you do care a little bit, I'll tell you I just wanna expand awareness of emotions so as to imbue the feelings with the mind to bear the harmony with the Tao. That's my motive. Or is it? Do you think I perhaps might have lied about my motive? "Oh duck down! He's gonna attack our ship!" Yeah, maybe a little bit I might have lied about my motive. I also just want people and everyone to be happy. But that's not gonna work. There is no hope. I'll just descent to hell from here. Goodbye.

What?

I'm just gonna pick some guy up from hell. Show them my city! How it's such a better residence! Show them with passion! They can relate to that. Well, some of them... I guess there is always a 50% chance for all opposing meanings. And we contect them somehow and create more form to them, untill we rise in reality. Stability. Expanded harmony. Evermore rising to higher plateaus.

• Like 1

What am I suppose to do with that? That's not even an emotion. And I can't explain to you people their motives if you don't really care. Or do you mean by "really" that you actually do care a little bit? Cause if you do care a little bit, I'll tell you I just wanna expand awareness of emotions so as to imbue the feelings with the mind to bear the harmony with the Tao. That's my motive. Or is it? Do you think I perhaps might have lied about my motive? "Oh duck down! He's gonna attack our ship!" Yeah, maybe a little bit I might have lied about my motive. I also just want people and everyone to be happy. But that's not gonna work. There is no hope. I'll just descent to hell from here. Goodbye.

What?

I'm just gonna pick some guy up from hell. Show them my city! How it's such a better residence! Show them with passion! They can relate to that. Well, some of them... I guess there is always a 50% chance for all opposing meanings. And we contect them somehow and create more form to them, untill we rise in reality. Stability. Expanded harmony. Evermore rising to higher plateaus.

um, what? 

I meant, it doesn't bother me that I don't understand people and their motivations (but there's a nagging sense that it should bother me). I'm not sure what my post triggered in you there but I hope it did you some good :-)

I know that one. :) I had thought I was generally content, but things look different now.

Today I feel alive and surrounded by love.

I'm curious how you most often feel. I most often feel bored or content. I fluctuate between those. What emotion do you most often feel? Here are some examples of emotions you can pick from.

Passion.

Enthusiastic, Eager, Happy.

Optimistic.

Hopeful.

Content.

Bored.

Pessimistic.

Frustrated, irritated, impatient.

Overwhelmed.

Dissapointed.

Doubt.

Worry.

Blame

Discouraged.

Angry.

Revengeful.

Hateful, Enraged.

Jealous.

Insecure, Guilty, Unworthy.

Fearful, Sad, Grief, Depression, Despair, Powerless.

I don't think it's accurate to say that boredom and contentment are the "standard emotion for all people."

It's possible that when we feel mostly boredom or contentment, it is because we are repressing or suppressing emotions or are not in touch with them. 

I am not saying that is the case with anyone in particular, including the OP, but I can say that used to be the case with me.

Mostly OK, generally content or bored, with occasional (or frequent) outbursts of intense anger, sadness, fear, depression, elation.

After a lot of personal work I am in touch with a much richer emotional milieu.

I feel a wide variety of emotions depending on how closely I look. 

Often more than one occurring simultaneously.

It varies with season and situation. 

Often they are just spontaneously present - no rhyme or reason.

I work with my emotions as consistently as possible.

When I feel a strong emotion, I let it be there - I don't push it away or analyze it.

I feel it in my body, notice the thoughts, impressions, or situations with which it is associated.

Then I look at who it is that is feeling the emotion. 

One way of looking at it is that when we feel a strong emotion, it is a clue that we are over-identifying with a role and relationship in our lives. Noticing those roles and relationships helps us to understand ourselves better. 

It also helps us to act rather than react. It allows us to choose a response or path rather than get buffeted along blindly.

As we are able to let go of those strong attachments (over-identification), we get a more accurate idea of who we are. 

• Like 1

um, what?

I meant, it doesn't bother me that I don't understand people and their motivations (but there's a nagging sense that it should bother me). I'm not sure what my post triggered in you there but I hope it did you some good :-)

Thanks for wanting it to do good to me. But I'm currently looking for a wife. Understanding people their motives is my job. No offense. Ofcourse. But you see, these universes got a way of sorting themselves out. Who knows what the future holds for us. Probably a kid throwing a baseball. Because you like baseball? We can watch baseball and comment on it. Damn that sounds boring. Woah... Phew. Ok thats deleted. Nevermind. Nevermind everything. I'm done here. Sitting on my computer like some robot. It's not good for my health.

I'm just kidding. Love all of you :)

Edited by Everything

I don't think it's accurate to say that boredom and contentment are the "standard emotion for all people."

It's possible that when we feel mostly boredom or contentment, it is because we are repressing or suppressing emotions or are not in touch with them.

I am not saying that is the case with anyone in particular, including the OP, but I can say that used to be the case with me.

Mostly OK, generally content or bored, with occasional (or frequent) outbursts of intense anger, sadness, fear, depression, elation.

After a lot of personal work I am in touch with a much richer emotional milieu.

I feel a wide variety of emotions depending on how closely I look.

Often more than one occurring simultaneously.

It varies with season and situation.

Often they are just spontaneously present - no rhyme or reason.

I work with my emotions as consistently as possible.

When I feel a strong emotion, I let it be there - I don't push it away or analyze it.

I feel it in my body, notice the thoughts, impressions, or situations with which it is associated.

Then I look at who it is that is feeling the emotion.

One way of looking at it is that when we feel a strong emotion, it is a clue that we are over-identifying with a role and relationship in our lives. Noticing those roles and relationships helps us to understand ourselves better.

It also helps us to act rather than react. It allows us to choose a response or path rather than get buffeted along blindly.

As we are able to let go of those strong attachments (over-identification), we get a more accurate idea of who we are.

Yeah I get it, you want people to respond not react. So are you saying that I react to much and don't respond? That could be true. I'm open for that. Well. Not really. Because I'm pretty sure I am responding here and not reacting. :)

That's a very good response isn't it? Well. Maybe not. Maybe I'm just a loser. Not fun to be a loser. :(

My dad could be here any minute now. I'm closing this post.

Edited by Everything

I know that one. :) I had thought I was generally content, but things look different now.Today I feel alive and surrounded by love.

Wow, that's great. I wish I was surrounded by love :)

I mean. It does have to come from inside you. I mean love has to flow through you. Like a river. If you're surrounded by love it means it could be an ambush. But why then is it that you smile? Perhaps you trust those who offer you love? What a good life that is. But also sounds dangerous to me. I'm not so fast in trusting. Maybe I should. For you I'd make an exception. Take that to heart.