4bsolute

Simple question about a spine spiral. Which direction goes up, which down?

Yes I am aware that non-linearly speaking an upward spiral goes aswell up and down and the same is true for a downward spiral.

But lets be really simple and linear:

When I turn my body and spine clockwise, that means I look with my eyes down to my navel and go from there to the right, back and to the left - then in which direction does this spiral move: Up or down?

When I turn my body and spine counter-clockwise, looking with my eyes to my navel and go from there to the left, back and to the right - in which direction does the spiral move: Up or down?

well, I don't really understand your question, but when I do any kind of spinal twisting practices, I would generally be inhaling and rising while twisting and exhaling/sinking while returning to the middle. So, regardless of direction, going from the middle to either left or right is going to be an opening/rising action. But it's really a lot more involved than that.

Hm, how to put it more simple? Okay

Rotating the body in a spiral. One spiraling movement goes up and one spiraling movement goes down.

The one that goes up goes clockwise or counter-clockwise? (clockwise is, looking /feeling down the body front, right, back, left)

Edited by 4bsolute

Hm, how to put it more simple? Okay

Rotating the body in a spiral. One spiraling movement goes up and one spiraling movement goes down.

The one that goes up goes clockwise or counter-clockwise? (clockwise is, looking /feeling down the body front, right, back, left)

I don't think they're a constant, they change direction depending on your focus and breath, and probably depending on who you are and what you've done with your life thus far.

Try this: rotate clockwise, from the pelvis. Inhale and rise up, expand; exhale and sink, contract, but don't change the direction. Do it for a while, then try counter-clockwise.

See what feels most natural to you (?).

• Like 1

When I turn my body and spine clockwise, that means I look with my eyes down to my navel and go from there to the right, back and to the left - then in which direction does this spiral move: Up or down?

When I turn my body and spine counter-clockwise, looking with my eyes to my navel and go from there to the left, back and to the right - in which direction does the spiral move: Up or down?

Well, if you want a simple technical answer and not just wishy-washy blind speculation - according to the right-hand rule in electromagnetics, you would be generating currents down & up, respectively:

63079-004-F04BAA10.gifimage007.jpg

Of course, that's assuming the you could apply this rule similarly - which is a reasonable, but unproven, assumption...

It's also assuming you've got a metal rod up your.... Haha

Actually, it supports exactly what I described. Shifting your focus could be like changing hands on the wire.