seekingbuddha

Fake enlightened teachers

You mean, the teacher is only as real or as fake as your motivations and your vows???  LOL LOL  Fake teachers?  Maybe fake students???  LOL   

The first video about the young girl is authentic to me probably because I have driven my car with my eyes closed by looking through my third eye. [...]

This is crazy TI :P

• Like 1

If one learns, inherently this is successful teaching. It doesn't matter if the teacher knew the lesson, or if the lesson was seeing through the teacher, or if the teacher just blabs random nonsense. If the student chooses to learn from this, the teacher is successful.

The mistake of a student would be to not apply their minds own discrimination to all introduced concepts regardless of the initial source of the advice. In this way, all life's experiences, encounters, and dreams become a continous lesson plan up to the limit of the students choice to recieve it and learn.

Wisdom of the nature of reality is delivered from the start to finish of this one beautiful fleeting moment of human life, because no aspect of the percieved phenomina came from other than the nature of reality. If every sensation of phenomina is labeled and categorized rather than simply embraced for what it is, then the nature of reality is replaced by ones own inherent constructed delusions of nomenclature's inherently imperfect denotation and connotation. This process is how one constructs an ever more elaborate illusion to cover over themselves from awareness of what Is.

Unlimited Love, -Bud

Edited by Bud Jetsun
  • Like 2

You mean, the teacher is only as real or as fake as your motivations and your vows??? LOL LOL Fake teachers? Maybe fake students??? LOL

People speak about many amazing things happening around enlightened beings, and how amazing those beings are (and they are amazing...) - I just wanted to say these experiences, feelings etc. are all different kinds of karmic vision, not reality as such. That's just the aspirants karmic PoV or neurotic approach to a teacher, they look at one of the walls of their samsaric cage that's all, nothing fancy. Regarding simply a fake teacher I wrote more about that later in my first post and some more also here.

The more the meditator wakes up - the more the teacher is perceived as awake as well. the more the students manifests their enlightened qualities the more qualitites can be perceived in the teacher etc.

The student has to do the work, the teacher serves as a well polished mirror (hopefully well polished-this the student needs to check first. The easiest way? Does the teacher have bodhicitta? Does he/she want me to wake up or does he/she need another soldier, cook etc. in their empire?)

Read Mr.bud jetsun up there for more in the same vain (I think at least that he says something similar)

I guess my first message was a bit cryptic, could I clarify more for you what I wanted to say?

Edited by RigdzinTrinley

I'd say a really advanced teacher normally is there to work with a really advanced students, thus a beginner may be "lucky" to spend a some time with an advanced teacher and get certain insights but after that the beginner would have to advance through the stages and pay their dues so to speak - and who really wants to pay the high dues involved....(or some forms of payments for) "as above so below" 

Edited by 3bob
  • Like 2

RigdzinTrinley

I was alluding to the fact that there aren't fake teachers but only fake students. That's all.

Edited by ChiForce
  • Like 1

translation? : "alluring" with a d instead of an r ;)

Edited by 3bob

There are teachers who claim to be enlightened and I will just say that those who teach and accept money, then hold onto that money, rather than help others with it, probably aren't the people you want to follow. 

• Like 1

I'd throw out that can learn much from a teacher who isn't 'enlightened' or a master. 

Imo, the beginner who goes searching Asia for a true master, may well fall behind the guy who goes to a local YMCA, learns basic yoga, learns basic tai chi, sets up an intelligent disciplined meditation schedule for a few years.  Then transitions to Ashrams.. temples.. builds up connections and when they travel East, have skills and a better understanding of solid from so so. 

• Like 2

On 10/22/2015 at 11:43 PM, seekingbuddha said:

Sometimes, this kind of teacher  is not revealed well after his death. Here is a teacher who was worshipped as god by millions of people,  until the day he died.  The stories came out only after his death, because some powerful politicians were his backers (and probably getting kick backs).....

(sai baba india)

All these 3 were revered teachers, with thousands worshiping them as enlightened.  

Whoever made that video of Sai Baba is full of lies and misunderstandings.  He was a bit more complex than that simpleton makes him out to be.  I did not watch the whole video, just the beginning, and I recognize an idiot when I see one.  Let me know if you are interested in any facts about Sai Baba and I might share some ... but then ... if you see liars everywhere ...

• Like 3

On 4/4/2016 at 12:43 AM, Cheshire Cat said:

with my eyes closed

Hi Cheshire Cat,

Why do you want to close your eyes?

They are beautiful...

Cheshire Cat,

Now I will close my eyes - I want/need to sleep.

Goodnight.

- LimA

2fcb3be9741c7b283559904b92f317e4.jpg

Edited by Limahong
Enhance ...

There’s a story in Norbu’s “Dzogchen” book that recalls a man his uncle knew - a tailor by trade. 

This man came forward at the end of his life and said, “I’ll be dead within a week.” He requested his body be placed in a tent for 7 days at death, Which meant this man had achieved a “rainbow body” in the Tibetan (Dzogchen) tradition, a very high level attainment. 

everyone was very surprised.  No one even knew this tailor was a practitioner at all. Even Norbu’s uncle had known the man for “years and years” and had not known he had been a practitioner.  

This story reminds me two things; 1 - Treat everyone as a teacher... and 2 - Make sure you pick the right tailor. 

Edited by Fa Xin
  • Like 2

On 3. 7. 2018 at 6:21 PM, Starjumper said:

Whoever made that video of Sai Baba is full of lies and misunderstandings.  He was a bit more complex than that simpleton makes him out to be.  I did not watch the whole video, just the beginning, and I recognize an idiot when I see one.  Let me know if you are interested in any facts about Sai Baba and I might share some ... but then ... if you see liars everywhere ...

Oh, please do share, I am quite interested.

• Like 1

On 7/3/2018 at 11:21 AM, Starjumper said:

Sai Baba is  powerful, potent and still around. I've had many experiences with Baba over the past 2-3 years including him descending into me through my crown and settling in my heart, such that I WAS Baba looking through dwai's eyes.

• Like 2

Eh, I think you can learn even from the fakes out there. One of my favorite Baha'i verses is "In ignorance he findeth many a knowledge hidden, and in knowledge a myriad wisdoms manifest." If you know how to look you can learn even from the teachings of the ignorant.

3 hours ago, Miroku said:

Oh, please do share, I am quite interested.

As you wish.  There's much to share so I'll just do one at a time.

Once upon a time Sai Baba materialized a Rolex watch and gave it to one of his fans.  Well what do you know, Rolex watches have serial numbers and can be traced ... so they traced it and found that it was sold in a watch store in a different city in India from the one that the gifting had been done in.  The shop owner told them that Sai Baba had come into his store and purchased the watch, and the interesting thing is that Sai Baba had purchased the watch at exactly the same time as he was materializing it and giving it, which means that he had been bi-locating.

• Like 5

Once a friend of mine named Michael went to see Sai baba in India and told me about this other guy, who we'll call Buster, that he met there.  Buster was unsure if Sai Baba was for real or not so he told his wife that if Sai Baba was for real that he would see a rainbow that day.  Sure enough, later that day there was a glorious double rainbow.  Then, later in the afternoon, the couple happened to come upon Sai Baba walking through one of the courtyards and Sai Baba asked: "How'd you like the rainbow, Buster?", and so Buster flopped on the ground and started kissing Baba's feet.

During the time Michael was there he also caught sight of Sai Baba walking through one of the courtyards and so took many pictures.  This was when cameras used film, before digital cameras, and Michael took a whole roll of film of Sai Baba walking by.   Later when he got back to the States he had the film developed and was surprised to see that there were a couple of pictures of Sai baba at the beginning of the roll but the whole middle of the roll was pictures of blue sky with white clouds in it, and the last couple of pictures were once again of Sai Baba as he walked out of the courtyard.

I had my own experiences with Sai Baba, which I'll share later.

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 3

One of my first 'spiritual' teachers was a pompous old Englishman named Alexander Everett, who was an expert in comparative religion and taught some beginning level meditation.  I was attending a weekend seminar of his in Seattle and he told us his story of Sai Baba. He was walking down the street in San Fransisco and saw a poster of Sai Baba, who he had not heard of at the time, but he was struck by a strong energy on seeing the poster and so he went inside the shop and found out who it was.

He decided to go see Sai Baba and so went to India to his ashram. A Westerner whoo was there told Alexander that he had no chance of talking with Sai Baba because he had not interviewed any Westerners for a couple of months. Alexander had gotten there late and the evening meditation was already in progress, so he went into the big meditation hall and sat in the back and started meditating.  After sitting there for a little while he got a strong impulse to open his eyes and look over to the right, so he did, and he saw Sai Baba standing there in a doorway looking at him.

The next morning Alexander got up bright and early and got to the meditation hall early so he got in the front row, sitting cross legged on the floor.  As is traditional, the men sat on one side and the women sat on the other side.  When Sai Baba came out to greet the audience Alexander whipped up his camera and took a picture.  Then Sai Baba walked straight towards him and stood over him for a second, at first Alexander was worried that he had broken some rule by taking a picture, but then the guy sitting next to Alexander kicked him and told him that he want's you to come and talk with him.  In all there were four people chosen to go into a back room with Baba so they could talk, and they were all White people.   There was Alexander, who taught beginning spirituality in seminars, there was another guy who had built an apartment building somewhere, and an Italian doctor who had built a hospital.  I can't remember who the fourth guy was.

Once they got to the room Sai Baba turned to Alexander and said: "What is your question?".  Well, Alexander wasn't ready for this so the only thing he could think of saying was "Why did you choose to talk to me today when you haven't interviewed any white people for two months?", and Sai Baba answered: "Because I know what you do".  The Alexander said:  "What do you mean?"  So Sai Baba started doing an exact imitation of Alexander during one of his classes, including the pompous English accent and some of the things that Alexander commonly liked to say during his seminars.  Then Sai Baba turned to each of the others and answered their questions.

Then Sai Baba turned to Alexander and said: "What do you want?"  Once again, Alexander was taken by surprise, was unprepared, and didn't have anything planned, so he said he wanted some vibhuti, which are the ashes that Sai Baba commonly makes in front of crowds.  So Sai Baba said, somewhat impatiently: "Well hold out your hands!"  So Alexander stuck his hands out, palm up and Sai Baba put his hand above Alexander's in a sort of 'birds beak' tai chi hand position and started rubbing his fingers together.  A little stream of ashes fell into Alexander's hands, and he didn't know what to do with them, so he put some on his tongue and some on his forehead.

Then Sai Baba turned to the apartment building builder and I can't remember what that guy wanted, but when he came to the doctor, the doctor wanted a gold ring which is a gift that he often gave to his visitors.  So he stuck his hand out in front of the doctor's face, palm up, and started to make little circles with his hand, and a gold ring materialized in his palm, it took a couple of seconds to become solid after first appearing in his palm as a shadow.  He put the ring on the doctor's finger but it was too big so it fell on the floor.  Sai Baba said: "Oh, so sorry", and bent over and picked it up.  He then held the ring between his thumb and forefinger and blew through it twice and this time it fit perfectly on the doctor's hand.  I can't remember what the fourth guy wanted, remember, Alexander told me about this about forty years ago.

Then it was time to go and Sai Baba turned to Alexander and asked him if he wanted any vibhuti to take with him.  Alexander said yes and this time he snapped his hands out there right away.  Once again Sai Baba did the thing with rubbing his fingers together, but this time what came out were little packets in a newsprint type of wrapper, with Sai Baba's picture on one side and a little prayer on the other.

And that was the end of that.

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 2

Just now, Starjumper said:

Englishman named Alexander Everett

Alexander was the guy who invented 'alternative' schools for kids, where they had freedom to study and practice whatever they wanted.

37 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

"What is your question?"

Imagine if you could ask any question and had time to prepare for it.  It's an interesting exercise to think of what question you would ask.  If you only had a chance to ask one question, what would it be?  That's just for yourself to ponder, you don't need to answer.

37 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

"What do you want?"

If you could ask for anything you wanted, what would it be?  "I want an Aston Martin, a million dollars, and three hot lovers"  ... Wait, that's three things ... or five, depending on how you count.

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

Imagine if you could ask any question and had time to prepare for it.  It's an interesting exercise to think of what question you would ask.  If you only had a chance to ask one question, what would it be?  That's just for yourself to ponder, you don't need to answer.

If you could ask for anything you wanted, what would it be?  "I want an Aston Martin, a million dollars, and three hot lovers"  ... Wait, that's three things ... or five, depending on how you count.

Milion dollars and hot lovers come automatically with aston martin. It is Newtons 5th law.

Nice stories thanks! :) 

Do you think that showing these siddhis or magical powers comes automatically with enlightenment?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Miroku said:

Do you think that showing these siddhis or magical powers comes automatically with enlightenment?

Not at all, most enlightened people can't do anything like that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Starjumper said:

"What is your question?"

Are you fake?

"Because I know what you do..."

... that you do not know.

"What do you mean?"

There you are - you do not know.

"What do you want?"

I cannot tell you what I want because  dawei said:

On 6/24/2018 at 8:11 AM, dawei said:

Squares and corners spoken are not the eternalness [of squares and corners].

So if I tell you what I want, I will not get what I want. Period.

[   Sai Baba.............  Alexander  ............  dawei   ]