Sign in to follow this  
AussieTrees

Do we like driving?

I used to love to drive.  I bought my first car at the age of 15 1/2 when I got my learner's permit prior to getting my license at the age of 16.  I even drove from Toledo, Ohio to Chicago, Illinois before the age of 16.

In the most part, driving, for me, was a way to get someplace I had never been before.  I have always been interested in seeing new places and things, meeting people I had never met before, and conversing with the women wherever I went.

But yes, driving became second nature foe me, just like after learning to ride a bicycle.  Once you learn it becomes second nature.  I suppose that goes for most things in life.

This recalls a thought:  I have on many occasions helped someone do something they didn't know how to do.  After I was finished showing them they would say, "That was easy."  I generally respond with, "Yes, most things are easy once we know how to do them."

• Like 2

I despise driving. I see it as a sickness that we burn the distillation of thousands if not millions of years of organic decay to move some pistons that drive some wheels very fast. I don't drive often and it is quite a bit more stressful to me than riding a bike.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this