Aetherous

Warm rice bag

Sometimes simple things are really nice.

This promotes qi and blood circulation, as well as warming, in painful areas (especially ones that are cool to the touch) so that the body can self-heal them. (but don't use on an acute injury within the first 72 hours...this is best for chronic cases).

Get a 100% cotton pillowcase, and put some basmati rice inside of it. Heat it up in the microwave until it's warm (100% cotton is safe for this)...for me it's about 2 minutes plus some, but it might be less for you.

Put it on any painful area that you have, and/or areas of skin that are cold to the touch. It shouldn't be so hot that it burns your skin, but should feel like a comfortable penetrating warmth. It lasts quite a while naturally...much longer than I anticipated.

It's an added benefit that it has a pleasant scent because of the basmati.

Anyone got other simple therapies?

• Like 6

Hi Aetherous,

My favourite concoction we use daily.

Tea tree oil mixed with water,turns milky after mixing.

Used as deodorant,aftershave,anti-septic on cuts,pimples,mozzy bites,face wash,try it anywhere on body from toes to top of head.

Don't get it in your eyes,stings quite a bit,but this subsides within five minutes after rinsing with water.

Played around with different strengths,now usually mix 70%water30%teatree oil.

Cheers

• Like 3

Love my Spoonk.  http://www.spoonkspace.com/ 

They're about $45-$60 on Amazon.  Lying on the thorny yoga mat (16,000 1/4" spikes) is first stimulating (ie painful) then deeply relaxing.   Cures my stiff back in a few minutes, helps one sleep and deeply relax. 

• Like 5

How to Make a Castor Oil Pack

Materials:

A soft, clean, thick material like flannel, wool, or cotton (organic is best)

• Castor oil
  • A glass bowl or glass jar that you can pour the castor oil in over your flannel
  • A hot water bottle or heating pad
  • Old clothes that you don't mind getting stained since castor oil stains fabric
  • A plastic bag (I find kitchen or regular garbage bags work best)
  • A large towel

Instructions:

1. Put on your older clothes.
  2. Take your piece of flannel and place it in your bowl or glass container and pour enough castor oil over it to soak it (make sure it's saturated, but it doesn't need to be dripping in oil).
  3. Get your hot water bottle or heating pad ready.
  4. Place your towel on a flat surface (either a couch, your bed, or the floor). For added protection you can also put down a garbage bag so that your bed or couch won't get stained from any oil that manages to escape the plastic cover.
  5. Once you lie down, place your saturated flannel over the affected area of your body.
  6. Cover the pack with plastic.
  7. Place the heating pad or hot water bottle over the pack and let it sit for at least 45-60 minutes. During this time you can rest or read a book.
  8. When the time is up, remove the pack and clean the area with water and a bit of baking soda.
  9. You can keep the pack in a plastic bag in a cool place or the refrigerator. I keep mine in a sealed glass jar in one of my kitchen cabinets. Just add another tablespoon of castor oil for the next session.
  • Like 3

A tube sock filled with hot rock salt or sea salt, coarse grind.  Don't heat it in the microwave though, heat the salt first in a skillet, then transport into the sock.  Don't burn yourself doing this, use a spoon.  Tie the top of the sock securely, use a shoelace, e.g.  You can make the salt very very hot but don't apply it to your achy area like that or you'll burn yourself -- instead, wrap it in a folded towel and then keep gradually unfolding it as the salt cools off, making the layers thinner, always keeping what touches your body in the hot-comfortable range.  This cures pretty much everything. :D

The reason you want to heat the salt in a skillet rather than in the microwave is that this is a "procedure" in and of itself, a magical one.  Salt roasting on an open fire is a cleanser of unwanted subtle energies, entities and spiritual impurities.  It's similar to incense in this regard but odorless and much more powerful than all commercial incense.  Whatever ails you, this procedure starts addressing even before you apply the pack.

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 10

I think I´m going to try the salt sock Taomeow. Can the same salt be reused or has it picked up impurities and is best to start fresh each time?

• Like 1

I think I´m going to try the salt sock Taomeow. Can the same salt be reused or has it picked up impurities and is best to start fresh each time?

It can be reused if the problem is simple and physical. 

If you are trying to clear the space though, you would want to heat your salt in the skillet for two hours -- evenly spreading a not-too-thick but completely bottom-covering layer.  Salt used like this you need to discard afterwards.  This is also esoterically diagnostic, by the way -- once you've made sure that the skillet is clean and dry, you watch it for any dark spots that appear on the salt, these indicate the presence of unwanted entities.  The spots will eventually disappear as you keep heating the salt, because it disrupts those entities that are not too overwhelming.  Bigger and stronger ones will show up with pretty loud crackling sounds, and if there's something really nasty around, a full blast haunting, then you might hear a loud explosion.  This will indicate that additional measures are required, especially if you do the same salt cleanse the next day with a new portion of salt and the dark spots, crackling, and explosions manifest again.

Another salt favorite of mine: 61jCZDB%2BXlL._SX522_.jpg

I make my own cold/flu treatment device out of this, by adding generous helpings of therapeutic essential oils to the salt.  This works both for prevention -- if you find yourself around one or more germ-spreading, sneezing, coughing individuals --  and for treatment, if you have a nasal congestion of any origins, few if any things work better, both symptomatically for instant relief and to bust the bug and speed up recovery.  The oils I typically use for this are a mix of eucalyptus, peppermint, and cedar, with optional addition of tea tree oil (which is also useful for the purpose but I just don't care for the smell.)  You can also add a few drops of iodine to this therapeutic salt.  Oh, and all of these will also work well in a tube sock!  :)    

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 4

Sometimes simple things are really nice.

This promotes qi and blood circulation, as well as warming, in painful areas (especially ones that are cool to the touch) so that the body can self-heal them. (but don't use on an acute injury within the first 72 hours...this is best for chronic cases).

Get a 100% cotton pillowcase, and put some basmati rice inside of it. Heat it up in the microwave until it's warm (100% cotton is safe for this)...for me it's about 2 minutes plus some, but it might be less for you.

Put it on any painful area that you have, and/or areas of skin that are cold to the touch. It shouldn't be so hot that it burns your skin, but should feel like a comfortable penetrating warmth. It lasts quite a while naturally...much longer than I anticipated.

It's an added benefit that it has a pleasant scent because of the basmati.

I use this a lot. A regular cotton sock filled with rice, heat for a minute or so in the microwave and use directly or wrapping in a thin towel until the skin can tolerate direct contact.

Other techniques were used in India before things got all "western". and one such I have seen my grandfather use this pretty much till he passed away at the age of 95 - a little neck pillow filled with mustard seeds that he used all the time. He never had any problems with his back or neck - ever.

but how did he heat it?

he did not have a microwave, neither do I

Place the bag filled with rice in the sun for a while, or heat the rice in a warm oven before placing it in the bag.

• Like 1

On 10/14/2015 at 3:46 PM, Aetherous said:

For getting back to having good hydration, this is something that works very well in my experience...

Get a camelback (a water container with tube and mouthpiece). When you're laying around, hang it above your head...keep the piece in your mouth when take small sips whenever desired.

It's easier to drink water when you don't have to pick something up.

Small sips are processed by the stomach within a minute or two, it seems...so taking a sip every few minutes keeps the hydration going in. Lay around for hours, get rehydrated for hours.

• Like 1