Arya

Ways to breathe in the most amount of air?

Hello all, 

I believe breathing and the breathe in general are essential to good health, and more control over the bodily functions.

But most of all, I believe that it is very important for generating love and light!

So, do you know how to breathe fully and/or enable myself to breathe fully?

thanks

• Like 1

Fresh air is important. Have a window open in a clean room, in a non-polluted area...or be outside.

I like a couple of methods...one is to just breathe naturally, so that a positive feeling is generated. Another is to inhale deeply the fresh air and feel it being absorbed fully by the body. I think it's good to do these for only a couple of minutes at a time each.

Breathing in is half the issue...  also give some role to breathing out to expel stuff... and after a long, slow inhale, exhale hard and fast at times as a purge.  Let the body sink with the exhale.

• Like 2

One of the starting points: body awareness and mastery - learn to relax everything connected with the air passages, starting with the face ... and learn to utilize the power of the lower torso to draw in the fresh stuff and expel the old.

Hi Arya,

There are several exercises we can use to improve our breathing.

1.Tighten abdominal muscles slightly on inhale,this has the effect of engaging the two lower lobes of the lungs.

Also described as reverse breathing.On exhale,relax abdominal muscles.

Some masters are said to only breathe in this manner.

2.This useful when you are becoming chesty with maybe early onset of a chest infection.

Breath in deeply,now exhale,and continue exhaling even when you can hear crackling congestion.

When you have expelled as much as possible,close windpipe and at the same time,enlarge your chest cavity and hold for as long as possible,then take in as much air as possible,again hold your breath again.This creates a vacuum helping dislodge phlegm.

May also result in coughing up substance of yuk.

When you resume breathing normally,there should be less congestion.

Edited by Aussie

close windpipe and at the same time,enlarge your chest cavity and hold for as long as possible,then take in as much air as possible,again hold your breath again

The way I get better results with is actually -not- closing the windpipe.  The intercostals tend to disengage when I get to the top of the breath, then close the windpipe.  IMO, better to continue to inhale even when your lungs have stopped expanding.  This way of chest breathing strengthens the intercostals and will improve the quality of breath when not chest breathing.  Also do active exhales with this.  Think of the muscles of breathing as what they are, muscles.  You can feel them flex, so get them some exercise.

Ways to breath in the most amount of air.

Well breathing in the most air is a natural occurance associated with deep relaxation.

Perminant and sustained deep relaxation is a result of raised awareness.

Increased conscious awareness is a result of actual evolution

So in the end, you need to progress towards becoming awakened/enlightened.

Which could mean a number of routes. 

Thanks, I get what you all are saying.

There is plenty of greenery around where I live so the air is mostly fresh. Not much pollution or cars roaming around.

Purging on the exhale is a good idea. What I used to do was pin 'relaxation' on the exhale so I get nice relaxed, bodily feelings. Unfortunately, I've ejaculated quite a lot of times in the past few weeks(or months?) and it's quite hard to do normally. But I can do it if come back to a meditation posture. Otherwise I can do relaxation part in normally.

Yes, body awareness. I find that cultivating body-awareness is absolutely key to succeeding in any spiritual practice. As for relaxation, I'm mildly relaxed right now. So my body is limber as well but I know there are many levels to relaxation.

Hi Arya,
There are several exercises we can use to improve our breathing.

The part about the masters is believable because when making an effort to breathe fully, the chest expand and lifts quite a lot.

Now, I've had it with emotions of the lower body and try to stay in the upper body with two methods, smiling and keeping the fingers lifted, just slightly. This bypasses all the mess of the lower emotions unless I forgot to do these due to circumstances or just plain forgetfulness. 

reverse breathing comes naturally if LOVE is the goal

wow, spiritual progress seems pretty hard whilst doing business

maybe I should stop working but then I'd have to became a recluse in the Himalayas which doesn't seem like a bad option

I think charity and giving gifts and the way you give them accelerate progress extremely fast while living in the world

• Like 1

wow, spiritual progress seems pretty hard whilst doing business

maybe I should stop working but then I'd have to became a recluse in the Himalayas which doesn't seem like a bad option

I think charity and giving gifts and the way you give them accelerate progress extremely fast while living in the world

no matter where you go there you are. Leaving responsibilities behind is often a major hindrance on the path. Better to just be thankful for your free time and use it to train, instead of wanting more.

no matter where you go there you are. Leaving responsibilities behind is often a major hindrance on the path. Better to just be thankful for your free time and use it to train, instead of wanting more.

what sort of responsibilities? I have absolutely no responsibilities besides taking care of my parents. I might just give all my money away to charity later on and become a recluse. There are simply too many hindrances when cultivating amidst society.

I think I might have killed off my attraction to human females. There is nothing for me here. I'm going to heaven. see ya

Hello all,

I believe breathing and the breathe in general are essential to good health, and more control over the bodily functions.

But most of all, I believe that it is very important for generating love and light!

So, do you know how to breathe fully and/or enable myself to breathe fully?

thanks

ofcourse best of all to go into a forrest where there is so much fresh oxigen.

ofcourse best of all to go into a forrest where there is so much fresh oxigen.

thanks for the advice bro

Connecting the thumb and forefinger pads in the hamasaya mudra can give you a feeling of deepening the breath, as they connect the lung and large intestine channels keeping the breath in and internal circuit. Something one can do to close off the world partially and temporarily to get a moment of deepness and dissolve anxiety stimulated by external factors.

8)

• Like 1

Breathing is a complicated subject as can be seen by the variance of replies. Its not just air volume or how much one breaths but also how and what one breaths. 3 become one =)

I'm doing the Wim Hof method- http://wimhofmethod.com/  Much of it is built on doing a long series of deep fast breaths.  Not about meditation as much as building up energy, oxygen in the body/blood.  Many people doing it seem to be holding there breath for 3 minutes after exhaling most of the air out.  <I myself only manage about a minute 30>  

So, if you want to look into a strange method of breathing in the most air, this is an unusual option.  Short of taking the 10 week class, here is an article with good insight into the method http://www.highexistence.com/the-wim-hof-method-revealed-how-to-consciously-control-your-immune-system/ and ofcourse his website has very good information too.

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 1

partly off-topic -

but do you guys know the best way to absorb sunlight and moonlight?

I just breathe sunlight through my skin and do the earlier purification ritual mentioned in this thread i.e. tagging purge, relax etc. on the exhale.

What I've noticed is that my skin color is slowly turning yellowish, maybe golden? Yeah...