imtyerd

Facial changes with practice

After sustained practice, have you guys noticed differences in your facial expressions and eyes?

I was on the way home and some random guy just asked me if I was on the drug ice because I looked so happy. This was at 11pm so most people on a saturday night look like shit on the way home so maybe I stood out a bit more.

I felt like I had a neutral facial expression rather than a happy one but it reminds me of my childhood when everyone would comment that I was such a happy kid (most kids are)

Edited by imtyerd

We express our inner with our facial expression. As our inner changes so does our facial expressions.

There is a zen master who explains that those who reside in silence for long periods of time their facial structure changes and they begin to appear more noble. 

• Like 3

When we have an inner thought or emotion it always manifests as micro-adjustments of facial expression.  The person whose inner life is calmer will naturally have a calm dignified expression, noble and unruffled.  The maelstrom within is compensated with a gaze that is mild, wide and comprehensively takes in all that is happening in that moment.  The less happening on the inside, the more we can take in from the outside, through the eyes.

This combination of repose in the face and wisdom in the eyes is noticed by everyone.

Re:

-----

"After sustained practice, have you guys noticed differences in your facial expressions and eyes?"

-----

Yes. About 35 years ago after I began some specific trainings. My eyes went from a very dark "brown" to a much lighter green color.

My ear lobes separated, where they had been somewhat attached.

I often change hair to gray, then back to most black (not with dye - with food and qi) - and this does change public reactions, as people I find do innately respond more politely to gray hair.

Many other changes. Yet in other ways, staying pretty much the same over a good time. For example - I am same weight and size now as for the past 40+ years, and I am actually still wearing many the exact same clothes I did obtain as a teenager.

-VonKrankenhaus

• Like 4

That's interesting Kubba , what kind of change?

At least that's my experience. Am going through spontaneous pranayamas period now and a few days ago I felt really bad fo an hour. Really strong Nausea. I just looked into the mirror at the gas station right after it and there was something different. As if more rich collour ;), more alive redness hehhe. I really liked to look at my face in that moment - "am looking really great". Before I usually had no impression when looking into the mirror or I had this sensation that you have sometimes when seeing yourself on the picture or video - "thats me, thats how I look? :(".

I checked next days, and it stayed.

My friend who havent seen me for a moth or more, when I showed her my picture said "how on earth you can change so quickly?". So I suspect that there is something going on, but am not sure what exactly.

Now when I write it down I remember that I even saw in Sri Swami Sivanandas book "The science of pranayama" a note that pranayamas make you more handsome hahha :).