What is your experience?

What is your experience?

Experience.

Experience is a riverbed, 

Its source hidden, forever flowing:

Its entrance, the root of the world,

The Way moves within it:

Draw upon it; it will not run dry.

I am experiencing sitting in my garden under the sun. Smoking and writing this. It's relaxing. And flies come to me buzzing around. That's annoying. But part of life. There's never much happening in my life. It is peaceful to say to the least. Sometimes I wish a spaceship would land right in front of my garden. Always when I go to my garden I say out loud. "You have my permission to land here and make contact with me. I would really like that." But they didn't visit yet. So I sit alone or with my dog. Atleast I have company. But my dog sleeps all the time. Not very playful either. Not interested in balls. He eats them, lol. This is my lonely experience. Well, I don't mind being lonely. Less conflict. More peace of mind. I can always read a book if I want to entertain other people's thoughts. That's somewhat entertaining. But if an ET came, I'd really be interested in talking. Anyone here ET? Lol. It's worth the shot. Tao is alien too. So why not? Let's talk alien.

What is your experience?

• Like 1

I never really know from one day to the next what I will be doing.

Yeah, there are the gardens (no aliens) and the fish ponds.  And then there are the computers; this one for online and the other mostly for music and graphics.

I always have more to do than I could ever possibly get done in one lifetime.  (Maybe I need to become a Buddhist?)

And then when I get tired of whatever there is always the TV.  Documentaries and action/adventure/martial arts type movies.

I live alone with one feral cat that spends time with me now and then and two others who just come over to be fed and then leave.

I really don't consider myself lonely.  I am living the life I chose to live.  One good male friend I see generally twice a week.

• Like 3

Yeah I like movies and tv series too. And music. I also make music. I got a whole youtube channel with all my music. Twintwix123456789

I also did two sketches with music. Ecstacy of Gold. And. Fiance Burger.

I'm currently watching Arrow.

Last time I saw The Con Artist. It's the best korean movie I've seen in a while. You shoud check it out. It's very fun.

I also like the experience of gaming. Because its more interactive. Like roleplaying games. The Witcher 3 was really amazing. Very nice decision based story too.

But lately I'm just bored with everything. Nothing really interests me that much anymore. Even music sometimes just feels like random sounds. This life is too boring to me. Atleast we don't have much war or violence where I live. That's a good thing. Perhaps if we all have peace and become one world government, we can join the galactic alliance sooner. That would be fun. Or also boring. I don't know.

Edited by Everything
  • Like 1

But lately I'm just bored with everything. Nothing really interests me that much anymore. Even music sometimes just feels like random sounds. This life is too boring to me. Atleast we don't have much war or violence where I live. That's a good thing. Perhaps if we all have peace and become one world government, we can join the galactic alliance sooner. That would be fun. Or also boring. I don't know.

That might just be a temporary thing.  Changes.  Our interests change as we age.  Maybe consider starting a new hobby or two?

I was feeling lazy today and didn't even want to spend any more time on the computers or do anything outside so I went into the TV room.  Watched a movie (can't recall the name) with Steve Austin and Steven Segal.  (I looked it up:  Maximum Conviction.)  Lots of action and some good martial arts.

But yes, I hear what you are saying but I have no idea what kind of comment to make or even if I should comment.

• Like 1

Hi Everything and Marblehead,

Boring really?

About 18 months ago,eBay one wood lathe,to use if ever there was a boring precipitation.

Anyway with no experience,I had a go at it.

The thing with a wood lathe,it helps you control your personal anxiety,also practicing 'horse stance 'whilst cutting a bowl.

It spinning pieces of wood,which can be dangerous,there was a couple blocks of wood that went spinning past my left ear as they dislodged from the lathe,showing my less than expert efforts.

Then try again,get it right this time.

Can't imagine how much personal damage would have occurred if hit by one of those pieces.

But get it right,now can spin wooden bowls and now make wooden lids as well.

Now need a rest,back to gardening or reading or online or chores.

Feed the local wild parrots,put out a tray of seed,galahs,rosellas,occasionally it white cockatoos,they spill seed that falls to the ground,the neighbors ducks have learnt this so they congregate beneath and eat the fallen seeds.

Anyway starting to ramble.

No never came across any alien ship,but have had similar thoughts of tearing through the sky in an alien craft.

Could be fun,boring is a choice we make,and that's fun as well.

• Like 1

Could always activate your merkaba and travel space.. aka astral project I suppose

i have no succes with astral projection. I wish. Just dreamtime during sleep is all the fun I get. But I can't sleep very long. I wake up very quickly and can't fall back to sleep. Too bad. I'm stuck in physical. I hope life ends soon for me and I can astral live to eternity. Most fun anyways. Love the astral plane. But with my life I'm just bored and limitted to physical life with all of its boringness. Every day the same. It's all the same. I have a nose. I can breath. I can move around. I can sit and relax. All the same. I can count my breath. I can count my cigarettes. I can buy new cigarettes. Its all the same to me. I can walk on crocs. I can wear a sweater. I can take a shower. I can stare at the wall. I can sometimes take a pee. I can wish I was dead. I can hope I get a viral cancer. I could wish I was in the hospital bed saying goodbye to my family going on an eternal vacation away from this boring peace of s**t. But I can't astral project. Its so impossible even wishing for it sounds absurd and awful. I have much greater chance to die from ilness than to leave my body by astral projection. If I could astral project I would astral project untill my body became dust. But I am created with the inability to astral project, because I am bound to this body and physical life like a prison. Because god doesn't give a damn about me or what I want. I think not even in the next life I will get any freedom. God will probably put me in hell forever for absolutely no other reason than that god chooses to do so. But why does god wait to put me hell? That's probably because thats how little he cares. Not even angry at me. Just I'm so nothing to god. And I'll always be nothing. I can wait eternal lifetimes for things to change but they never will. It's how existance just is. So in boredom I live. With absolutely no meaning nor value. And all I can do is suck my own d**k because yes surely god gives me the freedom to do that because god is a pervert. He wants people to be trapped in here for so long untill they suck their own d**ks out of boredom. Or just kill themselves. Surely god collects all suicide experiences so that he can get an erection from watching those over and over again untill he comes.

All I can do is stare at the wall. And talk about how solid the wall is and how not solid I am. How there is a difference between me and the wall. And then I communicate with the wall and ask it what the purpose of life is and the wall says... and I agree with the wall. The purpose of life is just.... silence. Like god is silent. And then I hug the wall and thank it for its revelation. And I praise god for allowing the wall and me to exist. So that we can relate and experience eachother and interact. The wall is enough for me, I give up trying to seek for more than a wall. The wall is everything to me. It's all there is. I can feel it and put my hands on it. I can smash my head against the wall. I can do everything with the wall. I can use it to write on it. Wow blessed me. God has so blessed me by bringing this wall into my life. I can lean against the wall. I can punch my fists against the wall. So much to do with the wall. I'll never get bored with this wall. Surely. It is God His creation and it is a perfectly solid wall. I contains all the solidness of all the world. The wall even has humor. I'm doing a staring contest with the wall. How fun. The most playful wall in whole the galaxy and it is mine. It is all around me. I see walls everywhere I go. There's such an abbundance of walls. I'll never run out of walls to interact with and play with. God's creation is perfectly genius. Magnificent.

Edited by Everything
  • Like 1

Hi Everything,

Well,you should get out more,never mind astral travel,take a bus to the nearest town.

Talk with others,look at the local interests or history,involve yourself,meet peoples,try some fun.

Don't become your own meanest jailer with impossible gods.

And please stop dicking around.

Your path of astral travels start from your place with the first step.

• Like 1

Hi Everything,

Well,you should get out more,never mind astral travel,take a bus to the nearest town.

Talk with others,look at the local interests or history,involve yourself,meet peoples,try some fun.

Don't become your own meanest jailer with impossible gods.

And please stop dicking around.

Your path of astral travels start from your place with the first step.

Thanks for the advice.
  • Like 1

Hi Everything,

Apologies,for being blunt,on reflection we don't really understand your situation.

My thoughts were you sounded isolated in your present situation.

If this is your reality then,getting out meeting people seems worth a try,and doing fun things in company.

Study of any sort has benefit of social contact,maybe even join a music group.

Aliens are alien who know what there motives may be.

Hi Everything,

Apologies,for being blunt,on reflection we don't really understand your situation.

My thoughts were you sounded isolated in your present situation.

If this is your reality then,getting out meeting people seems worth a try,and doing fun things in company.

Study of any sort has benefit of social contact,maybe even join a music group.

Aliens are alien who know what there motives may be.

At a certain point of the development of technology either the civilization is purged from all evil or the technology consumes the civilization.
  • Like 1

At a certain point of the development of technology either the civilization is purged from all evil or the technology consumes the civilization.

I don't the first one very probable and I hope I'm long gone before the second one happens.

I don't the first one very probable and I hope I'm long gone before the second one happens.

Well, if that's case, I guess we'll have to make peace with evil. Don't we? We have no other choice. If it is going to stay here. It has always been here. But I don't play the evil game that much. But it's good to have it around as a choice I can choose. Or is it evil to allow someone to choose bondage?

Nothing has meaning I guess. It's all neutral. Even evil. And the meaning you give it is the meaning you receive. Negative or Positive. Yin yang.

I choose both at the same time and that is my humor. It's all a joke to me. It's like me f***ing a wall and blessing it's solid providance of nothing.

Edited by Everything
  • Like 1

I recently pulled out my old Taoist texts. I had the thought that if I was going to wander the gardens of this forum for awhile, I should reaquaint myself with the language. I opened each to a random page, and read a few words.

One of those passages was about not focusing on bad men. The gist was it is harmful practice. It scatters energy, and confuses the mind.

• Like 2

Wait... Does the text actually say to draw upon experience and it will not run dry or draw upon Dao and it will not run dry? Or are both actually doing the same thing?

I am sitting in a stool. Rain is dropping on the garden. Someone is putting food for the dog. There are lights out at the garden. There are lights out at my neighbours window. The fact these experiences will never run dry means I am dreaming all of this into being and all of it is dreaming me into being. It must mean I am connected somehow to all of this. I am the center of it and it is the center of me. Atleast that is how it feels like to me. But what is the point of drawing upon these experiences? What is the lesson? Is there one? Is the daoist text just suggesting that we needen't worry about an end coming to our experiences? Does this mean there is life after death? What does this piece of text mean? Does it not have to mean anything?

• Like 1

Wait... Does the text actually say to draw upon experience and it will not run dry or draw upon Dao and it will not run dry? Or are both actually doing the same thing?

I am sitting in a stool. Rain is dropping on the garden. Someone is putting food for the dog. There are lights out at the garden. There are lights out at my neighbours window. The fact these experiences will never run dry means I am dreaming all of this into being and all of it is dreaming me into being. It must mean I am connected somehow to all of this. I am the center of it and it is the center of me. Atleast that is how it feels like to me. But what is the point of drawing upon these experiences? What is the lesson? Is there one? Is the daoist text just suggesting that we needen't worry about an end coming to our experiences? Does this mean there is life after death? What does this piece of text mean? Does it not have to mean anything?

In the Red Pine translation there are bits of commentary to aide understanding. YEN FU is quoted, "Because it is empty, we call it 'valley.' Because there is no limit to its responsiveness, we call it 'spirit.' Because it is inexhaustible, we say, 'it doesn't die.' These three are the virtues of Tao."

• Like 1

Well, if that's case, I guess we'll have to make peace with evil. Don't we? We have no other choice. If it is going to stay here. It has always been here. But I don't play the evil game that much. But it's good to have it around as a choice I can choose. Or is it evil to allow someone to choose bondage?

Yes, evil is here.  And yes, it always has been and always will be.  That is because of our dualistic thinking.  It can't be otherwise.

How to properly relate with the duality is the question.  Some suggest merging everything (not you, the Ten Thousand Things) into Oneness.  I, personally, have never been able to see how this is possible.  There is a natural reason why there are the Ten Thousand Things.

And yes, all things that are possible are possible choices.  Free will allows us to pick and choose.

Nothing has meaning I guess. It's all neutral. Even evil. And the meaning you give it is the meaning you receive. Negative or Positive. Yin yang.

Exactly.  This has been my understanding for some time now.

I choose both at the same time and that is my humor.

This is the way of the Taoist Sage.  Recognize both, acknowledge both, but remain true to one's self.  (Pick and choose.)

It's all a joke to me. It's like me f***ing a wall and blessing it's solid providance of nothing.

You will have to do that without me.  I'm not into that.

• Like 1

In the Red Pine translation there are bits of commentary to aide understanding. YEN FU is quoted, "Because it is empty, we call it 'valley.' Because there is no limit to its responsiveness, we call it 'spirit.' Because it is inexhaustible, we say, 'it doesn't die.' These three are the virtues of Tao."

Be careful with Red Pine's transliteration (not really a translation).  He adds a lot of mysticism to his transliteration than really exists, IMO.

I'm not placing any value judgement.  Just stating an observation.

• Like 1

Yes, evil is here. And yes, it always has been and always will be. That is because of our dualistic thinking. It can't be otherwise.

How to properly relate with the duality is the question. Some suggest merging everything (not you, the Ten Thousand Things) into Oneness. I, personally, have never been able to see how this is possible. There is a natural reason why there are the Ten Thousand Things.

And yes, all things that are possible are possible choices. Free will allows us to pick and choose.

Exactly. This has been my understanding for some time now.

This is the way of the Taoist Sage. Recognize both, acknowledge both, but remain true to one's self. (Pick and choose.)

You will have to do that without me. I'm not into that.

oops sorry for the last part of that.

So freewill allows us to choose bondage. So if you're free, you're also bounded. We're always the center of those. It all comes from us. We're all one and you are my yin yang brother.

• Like 1

Thanks you really cheer me up.

oops sorry for the last part of that.

So freewill allows us to choose bondage. So if you're free, you're also bounded. We're always the center of those. It all comes from us. We're all one and you are my yin yang brother.

That totally didn't make any sense. xD But in a sense in my experience sometimes I wonder if we actually are not choosing what we are choosing but that it is all calculated. However that thought doesn't feel good because we're not robots. We have free will. And us being a robot sounds scary to me. Yucky thought.

I'd rather meditate that thought away. Ohmmmmm. Onioonnnnn. Cheese.... oh my god the cheese are coming to get me. And then I doing flying kick on the cheese. And then there is no more cheese left and then I have a funeral for the cheese and we all discuss what kind of music the cheese wanted for us to play and so we meditate some more and we come into contact with the spirit of cheese and it says it likes bach. Then people scream away running. Aaahhh!!! Not bach please!!! We want hardrock! Yeehhaaa!

Much better.

Edited by Everything

Be careful with Red Pine's transliteration (not really a translation).  He adds a lot of mysticism to his transliteration than really exists, IMO.

I'm not placing any value judgement.  Just stating an observation.

I just like the shared notes. Some of the words are useful, some are not. Looking at how others see things is enjoyable, and useful, sometimes. When it is neither I walk away.

Thank you for your concern. :)

Sign in to follow this