LAOLONG

Nasa, astroid 86666 warning, (666?)

Nothing to worry about, this'll miss us by a couple million miles.  I believe one estimate is 67.5 LD's.  LD being the distance from the earth to the moon(bout a 250,000 miles).  Course we have had a couple dozens of asteroids come within a single LD https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_asteroid_close_approaches_to_Earth  which is a much closer shave. 

Worse about a year and a half ago an unusually strong solar storm flare missed the earth, hitting where we were 2 weeks earlier, that might have knocked half the planet back to 1860's tech. 

All in all I think we've gotten okay at seeing asteroids in near collision courses and we're getting better every year.  We've successfully landed on one and given enough time could probably change ones course.   Given enough time, being the make or break question.  But find it early enough and (according to scientists) simply spraying dark paint one one side, can change the course that .0001% that makes a million miles difference.  

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 3

Quote or near verbatim.

"The apocalypse is coming,and when it comes.

You wanna be ready,well we gonna be ready."

Taken from those survivalist series.

Quote or near verbatim.

"The apocalypse is coming,and when it comes.

You wanna be ready,well we gonna be ready."

Taken from those survivalist series.

If I see there spaceships taking off

or

a whole lotta people floating up into space

then

I know, that means trouble and

its time to partee.  quickly.

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 1

It's the one in 2036 you have to watch for, that's a close call.

That one I'm sure we'll all be watching as it reportedly is going to pass under our satellites (in 2025)!? If it happens to pass through an area dubbed "the keyhole", it's game over in 2036 when it takes a second swing at us. Well, perhaps not game over...but a major set back in the evolution of life on Earth.

• Like 3

It's the one in 2036 you have to watch for, that's a close call.

That one I'm sure we'll all be watching as it reportedly is going to pass under our satellites (in 2025)!? If it happens to pass through an area dubbed "the keyhole", it's game over in 2036 when it takes a second swing at us. Well, perhaps not game over...but a major set back in the evolution of life on Earth.

Can't believe I just said thank you for that ...  :wacko:

Edit: this boring, fact-based German-language article from 2013 states unequivocally that Apophis isn't a threat in either 2029 or 2036 ... whew!

http://www.spiegel.de/wissenschaft/weltall/asteroid-apophis-kollision-mit-erde-auch-2036-ausgeschlossen-a-877337.html

Can't believe I just said thank you for that ... :wacko:

Edit: this boring, fact-based German-language article from 2013 states unequivocally that Apophis isn't a threat in either 2029 or 2036 ... whew!

http://www.spiegel.de/wissenschaft/weltall/asteroid-apophis-kollision-mit-erde-auch-2036-ausgeschlossen-a-877337.html

When they start saying it's not a threat this early on, that's the time to start worrying! Haha.

I can't remember where I first heard about it, but I'm sure Neil deGrasse Tyson has discussed it, too. Although he's an official stage puppet, used to defend the mainstream agenda.

Whatever happens, should be interesting!

Nasa doctors more than half of the photos they release. its kinda rediculious

Here they are at work turning a Martian into a boulder

nasa-medicine1.jpg

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

Nasa doctors more than half of the photos they release. its kinda rediculious

Color is problematic for Nasa, things are under low light and often look drab and washed out  to the naked eye.  So they colorize most pictures, often using an artists flair to create more interest.  They'll also create panoramic views by stitching photos together.  In a recent one the tech accidentally created blurring that was immediately considered proof they were either hiding something or the object was moving very fast. 

Color is problematic for Nasa, things are under low light and often look drab and washed out  to the naked eye.  So they colorize most pictures, often using an artists flair to create more interest.  They'll also create panoramic views by stitching photos together.  In a recent one the tech accidentally created blurring that was immediately considered proof they were either hiding something or the object was moving very fast. 

They also merge images taken in different spectrums - which I think is kinda neat. :)

Did you know there is only one real photo of the earth from space? all the rest are photoshopped