Sign in to follow this  
Lozen

Lead in phones

Okay, so I keep seeing all these warnings on telephones (land lines, not even cell phones) saying they have lead and was wondering...do all phones have lead? How much lead? How do you protect yourself?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm... in case you speak about lead as a chemical compound I actually wonder what the warnings are about... problematic it would be if you were ingesting it, but I doubt that you intended to nibble on your phone, right ?

So the warning is probably "just" a general warning regarding the environmental aspect of using lead... it is like with these "wonderful" saving-bulbs, which are said to be soooooooooooooo great because they help save electricity and money and... what they do not tell you usually is that the compounds used are much more detrimental then that of usual bulbs (like mercury being used as compounds etc.)

but maybe I got the topic wrong

:)

Harry

So the warning is probably "just" a general warning regarding the environmental aspect of using lead... it is like with these "wonderful" saving-bulbs, which are said to be soooooooooooooo great because they help save electricity and money and... what they do not tell you usually is that the compounds used are much more detrimental then that of usual bulbs (like mercury being used as compounds etc.)

Ooh, got any research on that? I've been getting shit because I don't have energy-saving bulbs.

And I'm not talking cell phones, just land line phones.

Sorry. Just read things like that in some German material... maybe googling can help you out...

oh. just found that: http://www.newscientist.com/blog/environme...ving-bulbs.html

regarding lead: be it in landlines or mobiles... again: as long as not ingested, what is the problem?

except as stated: http://www.uwsp.edu/geo/courses/geog100/Lead-InEnv.htm

By the way: I assume in mobiles lead would be counterproductive, as it is used as a shielding substance...

:)

Harry

Sign in to follow this