Silent Answers

Does the Earth Love Me?

Isn't it arrogant to assume the Earth is happy with us living on her, and that this planet wants to help us? Help us how?

Yes, in a way we are part of the Earth, avatars of its own mind...but here to serve a purpose. That purpose has long since been forgotten, but perhaps when we talk of "Earth raising its frequencies" and a new age for man, what we are really saying is that our purpose will be remembered.

However, let us not forget how we treat our own bodies. Once we get passed the ego identity, is there any love to be felt? It seems to me to be much more systematic and mechanical. Do you shed a tear for the millions of cells being shed from your body right now? Do we blubber as we bubble away the bacteria from under our nails?

Does the Earth love us during an ice age? Or when it spews ash and gasses into the atmosphere that choke us? When the ice turns into devestating floods, and the planet has cleansed its face from the accumulation of things we've piled on the surface, does she love us then? When she stretches her legs and thousands die, is it for her beloved humans?

Are we not simply under the spell of our own false feelings?

Of course, it all depends on our understanding of the L word. To me, I feel the love, yet I know my place as part of the process. When it's necessary for our numbers to dwindle, I shall not complain of how we have been forsaken. Striving to rebuild and carry on in spite of this is true unconditional love. I fear some will be disappointed when the warm embrace becomes a hard slap.

• Like 2

Ah well , thats what happens when one attributes love to 'non sentient' forces  ... in any case, love between people may be like that as well ;

A man was walking along the waterfront,  and he saw an old fishing boat up in the dry dock and  an old fisherman learning against a post next to it, smoking his pipe. 

" Ah ...  its a good life ." He greeted the fisherman.

"At times .... " the other responded.

"What do you mean ?"

" LIfe can deal you a harsh mistress ;  no matter how much you love her and rely on her ... most of the time she will look after you. But at other times, seemingly for no reason whatsoever, she will erupt in a storm of fury and lash you .... you might be lucky  and barely survive ... but then, the next day, is another day , you want the food, but you want to survive... and you do it all again and hope for the best. you play your cards right and she might even work for you .... but,  yes, a harsh mistress indeed I have devoted my life to. "

"Ahhh ... I get you , you mean the sea ."

" No, " he pointed to the boat ' the wife, she is under there scrapping off barnacles."

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 3

Mother loves all her children, yet she have different faces- some terrifying.

The worse for me is not what we do to ourselves but to other species (and for what reason). Yesterday I've been watching dehorned rhinos....

• Like 1

Isn't it arrogant to assume the Earth is happy with us living on her, and that this planet wants to help us? Help us how?

hmm... do you assume that we all assume that? Because I don't, except in the sense that we're a tiny, very useful part of the one life on Earth and sometimes our task is to explore ways for that one life to evolve. I believe all that we do, the things some of us perceive as ugly and the things some of perceive as the beautiful, contribute in some way to that one life's continued existence, or evolution. We're too tiny to see the whole, for sure.

• Like 4

This planet earth,our mother and father earth.

We are the consciousness of our earth.

Before there was life on earth there was none,ie no life,lifeless.

Baron earth,showered by stardust for eons,created us all,ie everything.

Nurtured and loved us,this earth is our parents.

There is only oneness with this planet,as we return after death,having never really been away.

• Like 1

Earth has energy to share with us,we are native to this planet.

Earthlings is an appropriate tag.

Every breath takes in the abundant oxygen,how lucky we breath the stuff.

We like water,lucky again,we got plenty.

The plants and animals ,our food,thrives on nitrogen,lucky again we got plenty.

No,it's no mistake,nor is it luck,that we were born the way we are,it is our design.

Designed by mum and dad,planet earth.

We have yet to realise our full potential,many things yet to discover about our relationship.

It's just a hunk of rock and not a conscious entity. It doesn't love any person anymore than your computer loves you.

It is logically erroneous to think of it as a mother or a father. It is neither. It happens to be a place we happen to live.

Edited by Karl
  • Like 1

Our departure is resisted,yet it is earth that provides everything needed to depart,ie space travel.

Including a safe home to return,the best nest,your own bed.

Emotions are not assigned to planet earth,it is we earthlings who are emotive.

Seeing the tempestuous storm,we emotively recognise this as rage,or the earthquake,mudslide,volcano,all catastrophic or just happenings.

We see also joy in the spring rejuvenation,or the Autumn stillness with awe.

Make of it what you will.

What are we if not born of this earth.

Edited by Aussie

It's just a hunk of rock and not a conscious entity. It doesn't love any person anymore than your computer loves you.

It is logically erroneous to think of it as a mother or a father. It is neither. It happens to be a place we happen to live.

Where you get the food from? Mother feeds you - when you are 1 year old, and when you're 30.

All is mother, not only the planet earth.

:)

Did you know that your brain structure depands on the solar system structure at the day of your birth?

• Like 3

Sorry Silent Answers, Earth does not give a shit if you and I are here or not.  It will just continue to do its thing - following the Way of Tao.

• Like 5

Where you get the food from? Mother feeds you - when you are 1 year old, and when you're 30.

All is mother, not only the planet earth.

:)

Did you know that your brain structure depands on the solar system structure at the day of your birth?

I feed myself. If everything is mother, then I would be mother and therefore self contained.

You are effectively taking part in a religion. People believe it's God that is Father and provider.

I feed myself. If everything is mother, then I would be mother and therefore self contained. You are effectively taking part in a religion. People believe it's God that is Father and provider.

Heh, I think you're not mother :)

• Like 1

Heh, I think you're not mother :)

So, everything is not mother as you first proposed. As I am a male, then it's fair to assume that the entire male species is excluded from your original premise. With no male species there can be no female species so now we have no complex life at all.

All the atoms of your body come from the earth and it provides all the sustenance and the environment it needs to live, so it that sense it loves you.

In the 4th Way tradition of Gurdjieff they say that humanity are the sense nodes or sense organs of the earth, as our bodies are its most sensitive and advanced apparatus. Yet humanity is the bridge between heaven and earth in the sense that it is only through humanity that certain energies can transition from dense earth energies to higher vibrations, which in turn helps the development of the universe as a whole, which is the higher role or purpose humanity has on the planet. 

• Like 2

Karl,

Thats just logic of discursive thinking, if A then B. But honestly speaking these energetic qualities of mother and other kind of Shakti like Kali, Bhairavi, Sundari, are things that are presented to you in different stages of spiritual evolution. You just see it in the world around you. Its not some religious wongabonga but just traditional language that can be use to describe these manifestations That you simply see as you see your hands. And language itself is also this manifestation.

In the moment when you notice for the first time in your life the food on your plate - how it is alive and how it was delivered to you through the divine mother you will just have tears in your eyes (how stupid I was thinking that it is differently, yet she was always here, feeding me, even if I did not believed in her, even treating her badly), and you will be just thankfull. After that realisation you will never again doubdt in it, and hearing someone telling that it is different than that you will just stay sillent, biting your lips, or you will say it out loud.

You will never again throw any trash on the street, perhaps you will even grab some trash from the street and put it wher it should be putten.

A child cries and says bad things to you, but as a parent you just do what needs to be done, discriminating and ignoring any kind of ignorance.

You will preceive that there is something else that talks to you through other people's Mouth. The same way you will see our planet.

I know that it can sound strange or stupid for someone, but thats how I see it and it is not free interpretation of scripts.

I remember myself trying to define the world by some constant, elegant logic as you try to do. And I really believed in it and tried to convince others, but then it just went astray after a few events, and now this way of thinking just pisses me off, and it apears harmfull.

Edited by Kubba
  • Like 1

Karl,

Thats just logic of discursive thinking, if A then B. But honestly speaking these energetic qualities of mother and other kind of Shakti like Kali, Bhairavi, Sundari, are things that are presented to you in different stages of spiritual evolution. You just see it in the world around you. Its not some religious wongabonga but just traditional language that can be use to describe these manifestations That you simply see as you see your hands. And language itself is also this manifestation.

In the moment when you notice for the first time in your life the food on your plate - how it is alive and how it was delivered to you through the divine mother you will just have tears in your eyes (how stupid I was thinking that it is differently, yet she was always here, feeding me, even if I did not believed in her, even treating her badly), and you will be just thankfull. After that realisation you will never again doubdt in it, and hearing someone telling that it is different than that you will just stay sillent, biting your lips, or you will say it out loud.

You will never again throw any trash on the street, perhaps you will even grab some trash from the street and put it wher it should be putten.

A child cries and says bad things to you, but as a parent you just do what needs to be done, discriminating and ignoring any kind of ignorance.

You will preceive that there is something else that talks to you through other people's Mouth. The same way you will see our planet.

I know that it can sound strange or stupid for someone, but thats how I see it and it is not free interpretation of scripts.

I remember myself trying to define the world by some constant, elegant logic as you try to do. And I really believed in it and tried to convince others, but then it just went astray after a few events, and now this way of thinking just pisses me off, and it apears harmfull.

As long as it's how you see it then that's fine by me. I don't happen to agree with you. To me you sound like a born again mystic that believes in a religious deity you refer to as 'mother'. Christians refer to a deity called God in much the same way.

Where you went wrong the first time was 'believing' in logic instead of seeing it merely as a tool with no special properties. If you got stuck on a deified version of logic then any other deity is going to appeal.

• Like 2

Just want to point out that the OP was simply poetic pondering, rather than stating a fixed belief.

My main points were that the Earth, whether you believe it to be living or not, has its own agenda/function. While we are a part of the planet, and our bodies are quite literally born of the earth, it loves us only as much as we love our own individual parts. We are a legion of cells and bacteria, yet we mostly feel completely separate from it all. If we expect love from this planet/God, we should start within ourselves first and foremost.

The Karl's among us don't necessarily need to believe the Earth is sentient to appreciate our own personal connectivity to the building blocks which make us. Every stone of the pyramid goes towards supporting the whole, while the cap is seperated in its own world as reflection and observer to its wholeness. Doesn't each stone deserve equal recognition? At least within our own bodies we can agree that these stones are alive.

Then, I guess I went on to the human idea of love and how confused this feeling often is. We can't help but project these ideas onto other things, getting carried away with our own (misguided) importance. I believe I have felt this love during meditation and work with nature, but it's not the love many others seem to talk about (others outside of TDB). If you're one who tends to go for the spreading of love and light, that the Earth is entering some new phase of love and harmony, or that we get bursts of love energy from the heart of our galaxy, you *may* be disappointed with how that love is dealt to you.

Because as Nungali has said, she's a harsh mistress.

• Like 6

I wouldn't personify it unless we're speaking in metaphors. Otherwise, it just does what it does :)

Edited by Rara
  • Like 3

All the atoms of your body come from the earth and it provides all the sustenance and the environment it needs to live, so it that sense it loves you.

In the 4th Way tradition of Gurdjieff they say that humanity are the sense nodes or sense organs of the earth, as our bodies are its most sensitive and advanced apparatus. Yet humanity is the bridge between heaven and earth in the sense that it is only through humanity that certain energies can transition from dense earth energies to higher vibrations, which in turn helps the development of the universe as a whole, which is the higher role or purpose humanity has on the planet.

Totally agree.

Life is hard and dangerous and nature is red in tooth and claw. But the natural worlds also exhibits interdependence and co-operation.

Has anyone tried to connect to the earth to find out? The opinions of shamans and earth centred traditions may be worth seeking out.

• Like 1

As long as it's how you see it then that's fine by me. I don't happen to agree with you. To me you sound like a born again mystic that believes in a religious deity you refer to as 'mother'. Christians refer to a deity called God in much the same way. Where you went wrong the first time was 'believing' in logic instead of seeing it merely as a tool with no special properties. If you got stuck on a deified version of logic then any other deity is going to appeal.

Oh well, that was just part of my evolution, I do not consider it good or bad. It brought me where it brought me.

I do not deny logic thinking. It is important function of our mind, that allows us to function, to express our experiences and put it the way that can be understand for others.

Its not my believe in deities, its more devotion now. And deities are just names and forms made in order to express something that was experienced by someone. Each one is just an aspect of Existence that we can preceive through our physiology. Yet why not to call these aspects by names of deities? There is a lot of beuty to it.and when you see it then you see it as real being. And you dont see it as a kind of mental structures, but in front of your eyes and you understand it theough your whole body. It shakes your phisiology and puts you on the ground for hours. Mother is just an aspect of it. Originally "Ma" or "Amma".

These energies function within our psychological structures too, so this language can be used to utilyse different egotic structures. Thats what tantra does.

I dont disagree with you. To some degree you have right talking about believes, and I understan your point of view. And tou seem to be a perfect devotee of your philosophy. Thats your reality but for me this logic is like a dry pussy when you want to fuck

Edited by Kubba
  • Like 2

Heaven and Earth are long-lasting. The reason why Heaven and Earth can last long is that they live not for themselves, and thus they are able to endure.

Only the human mind see itself as separate and independent of our environment yet we are the environment and create for better or worse the conditions of our environment.

It is a shame that humans are responsible and the creators of conditions of this world and do not know their true divine being thus creating a self separate from it all and the the natural world and the best excuse for all times is.....we are not responsible because in a God we trust.  pretty lame excuse to not take responsibility and understand we are all the same living organism.

• Like 4

@Kubba

Your final words say it all really. It is a craving for emotional entertainment. It's exactly like a drunken partygoer who does not like the idea of life without alcohol. It's an addiction. Something got you hooked. I would suggest you get off it and break the addiction. I already know that is an unwelcome suggestion, but what the heck, it needs saying.

Edited by Karl

You ARE the Earth.

Looking through Time and Space, you, One Infinity, differentiated, and became all things.

"You" floated as pre-atomic particles and condensed into matter.

"You" organized by density.

Worlds formed of "you".

Do you Love yourself?

-VonKrankenhaus

• Like 4

I´ve been on the earth a long time now -- standing, walking, sitting, lying down -- and so far I´ve never fallen through. If I jump up the earth is always there waiting to catch me. I´m not sure if you call that "love" or not but I´d at least call it unconditional support.

Liminal

• Like 9