Splash

Greetings, Everyone from 70 year old Peace Warrior

Hello.  I would like to learn what I can on this site to supplement my Tai Chi and of course, my time on this earth.

I'm making my 71st trip around the sun--which has included much Zen and Buddhist study, martial arts,  and 30 years of wrestling with "right livlihood" issues as a San Francisco Police Officer.

In conclusion, I hope--like me, you can see the opportunities an Officer can have to try and have a positive effect--even among those who are troubled.

I worked hard enough that I don't try to hide that I was a cop.

I hope this is a satisfactory introduction. I look forward to learning things here.

Best,  Splash

• Like 5

Hello and welcome. You are accepted. Glad to have you as a member.

Please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum terms and rules. This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Chang and the TTB team

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Like 1

Hi Splash,

Welcome, and may your time here be enjoyable.

We have another retired police officer member who has been here for quite some time:  Manitou

I am retired Army.

• Like 1

Hello and welcome, Splash. These are bizarre times where an ex-cop mentioning that simple fact is akin to an ex-con outing himself. 

• Like 1

Hi Splash,

Welcome, and may your time here be enjoyable.

We have another retired police officer member who has been here for quite some time:  Manitou

I am retired Army.

For the record I am both ex military and ex police.

• Like 3

Hello Splash, and welcome!

In Chinese Astrology there is an idea of achieving balance within something like a family role. You are created and nurtured, and you create and nurture. You control and guide, and are guided and controlled. This guiding is related to what is called the "Direct Officer", and functions similar to an Ambassador, or one's conscience. Having a strong and uncontested Direct Officer is considered to be very important and auspicious.

• Like 3

Hello.  I would like to learn what I can on this site to supplement my Tai Chi and of course, my time on this earth.

I'm making my 71st trip around the sun--which has included much Zen and Buddhist study, martial arts,  and 30 years of wrestling with "right livlihood" issues as a San Francisco Police Officer.

In conclusion, I hope--like me, you can see the opportunities an Officer can have to try and have a positive effect--even among those who are troubled.

I hope this is a satisfactory introduction. I look forward to learning things here.

Best,  Splash

Due to your age, you don't want to waste too much time going down paths that lead no where, or to very litle development.

If you have questions - [email protected]

*Respect Brother*

• Like 1

Best,  Splash

Welcome!

Perhaps something of what I wrote might help you on your taiji path.  Or at the very least, give you food for thoughts or have you ROFLYAO

http://thedaobums.com/topic/24575-taijiquan-styles/page-4

and

http://www.shanlung.com/oldtaijichuan.html

Taoistic Idiot if not lurching to the left will be reeling to the right

Edited by shanlung
  • Like 1