Sign in to follow this  
kudos100

Has anyone had the sensation of their eyes being full of Qi?

I have had energy stuck in my head, but also the feeling of energy stuck in my eyes for many years, as the result of an energetic practice going wrong.

I've heard of other people having the former, but not of anyone having the latter.

It is as if my eyeballs and totally full of Qi and I feel awake all the time (which had caused chronic insomnia for years) I also see patterns and waves from time to time, when I close my eyes. 

Has anyone had a similar sensation? If so what did you do to relieve it? 

Not had that happen to me ever, but if I've got some strange energy rushes, standing meditation always helps me. Also, depending on what energetic practice you were doing, may be a reverse MCO might help. But as you've had it for a while, the best thing might be to go to a TCM practitioner or maybe a local acupuncturist.

Standing meditation makes the energy in my head worse.

My MCO runs the reverse at the moment. 

Unfortunately the vast majority of TCM practitioners and acupuncturists do not have a clue about this sort of thing. I only trust people who have a serious self practice and they are few and far between. 

Place the bottom of your thumbs above each eye - on the eye socket - the thumbs should press on the space in the bone with the tips of your thumbs not far from the eye next to the nose. Push both up and in so that the thumbs are also pressing on the eyeball.

Do this whenever it occurs to you to do it because of eye pressure.

This technique works well for many eye issues and it can restore you to optimal sight if your sight is vacillating.

I have not had quite what you are experiencing but I think it will help.

Place the bottom of your thumbs above each eye - on the eye socket - the thumbs should press on the space in the bone with the tips of your thumbs not far from the eye next to the nose. Push both up and in so that the thumbs are also pressing on the eyeball. Do this whenever it occurs to you to do it because of eye pressure. This technique works well for many eye issues and it can restore you to optimal sight if your sight is vacillating. I have not had quite what you are experiencing but I think it will help. 

I do this quite often, but it only relieves the pressure slightly. I have had the Qi Sensation in my eyes, 24/7 for 7 years.  

I do not know why this popped into my mind - it is not something I have done for many years or associate with eye related things but:

Try alternate nostril breathing - it should be easy to look up. You will close one nostril and breathe in then you will close the opposite nostril and breath out.

It has a very high balancing component as well as a settling component and my help to bridge the needed pressure release and balance that is needed.

Edited by Spotless

Just some random thoughts - would some very gentle vacuum therapy help or is that too dangerous to do on your eyes? Also, what energetic practices were you doing at the time? Would getting your MCO going in the forward direction help?

The main thing here is that you've had it for so long. All the sensible ideas you tried a long time ago, this means it's most likely something you may have to continue living with.

Edited by Miffymog

I would drop Qi Gong practice for now unless it is under the direction of a master. I would attent to this problem and solve it.

It is related to the adrenals and an upper congestion - this is clear from what I see.

Their is another practice that will help:

Have someone stand behind you while you are sitting on a chair. Have them press quite firmly with there index finger just under your ear lobes - Do Not do this yourself first or you will loose what you might have gained. This requires another to do it for you.

Be certain they understand to apply a pretty firm pressure but without digging in the fingernails.

While you are sitting take in a big breath and as you do so they will apply the pressure to the indentation under the earlobe.

As you exhale they will then release the pressure and then massage your arms just below the shoulder muscle where their is also an indentation of sorts.

Hold the breath through the pain as long as you are able to.

If you try this on yourself before hand then forget it - it will not work and will be of no benifit when working with someone else.

The amount of pressure on a scale of 1 - 10

1 being a simple touch and 10 being the pressure needed to break something - it should be around a 7-8

Enough force to work a tool.

Edited by Spotless

Thanks spotless, I will give them a go. 

I have been to see a number of masters and so far no luck. Most Qi Gong or energetic practices make my symptoms worse so I don't do them. I keep on trying to find new ways, however demoralising it can be when they don't work. 

• Like 1

Also, what energetic practices were you doing at the time? Would getting your MCO going in the forward direction help?

The main thing here is that you've had it for so long. All the sensible ideas you tried a long time ago, this means it's most likely something you may have to continue living with.

It's a long story. I've had this for many years and have seen some very advanced practitioners.

I cannot continue to live with it as it stops me from practising cultivation. 

When you try the behind the ear practice be certain the person applying the pressure knows that this will only work once so they need to apply enough pressure that if the nails were to dig in they would draw blood.

Secondly they need to keep up the force as long as you can take it. And then upon exhale calmly message the arms where I noted.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 1

There is a Qi Gong exercise that will help.

It needs to be done with no effort and without any directing of energies - but feel free to notice what happens.

Do this for at least a real five minutes:

Standing facing forward bring your arms up the sides and clench your fists to one side in a boxing pose.

Again - as you bring up your hands inhaling - sweep both of them to one side and begin to clench - then bring them down on the other side fists and arms clenched - head fully relaxed but eyes and head turned fully to the side - then exhale and hold that posture as long as is comfortable.

From a side view your shoulders will still be straight and in a standing straight direction - knees will be bent in this posture.

From the first pose you raise the hands over your head and curl into the alternate side.

Inhale as you begin to raise the arms and begin clenching and exhale as you become set in the boxer stance for the duration then relax and curl to the other side raising the hands up and over to the other side inhaling and beginning again to clinch fists and flex the arm muscles - do not tighten the jaw or head or neck and do not use a piercing gaze - this should all be relaxed.

In this exercise it is very very important for your purposes to have the head as completely to the side and looking straight off your shoulder as you are able.

The bow exercise will also be helpful but again no upper strain and definitely no piercing gaze. Be certain to have the head off your shoulder looking directly to the side with the shoulders as far as possible not moving from the centered straight forward position.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 1

Another exercise that you can do is the well known heal riser practice:

Standing normally but with feet fairly close together raise the heals while inhaling into the LDT (as always) - hold for a second or two and drop exhaling. The drop will do the exhale for the most part.

Do this exercise often and whenever it occurs to you if possible - even just a few here and there.

• Like 1

in both of the side to side movement take time to hold the side pose for some length of time.

you are not attempting to retain energy in this.

What happens in these exercises is that an electrical pudding/ jello mass of energy will move from one eye over to the other as you settle from one side to the other.

Please do not "do" anything - just feel it happen - it may not happen for awhile or you may immediately notice this. It is very specific and odd initially.

Have you tried a water or fruit fast? (say grapes and watermelon)

Yes, it makes me feel worse and does nothing for the energy in my head and eyes. 

[...]

Has anyone had a similar sensation? If so what did you do to relieve it? 

Do you meditate with your eyes open?

Do you have near-sightedness or other problems with vision?

I had a similar problem with the eyes becoming sore in specific spots.

Generally, it's enough to relax and meditate the breath on the navel with the eyes closed. If your concentration isn't strong enough to prevent the energy from going to the eyes with this method, try to rely on a mantra instead of the breath.

Sign in to follow this