Sign in to follow this  
Walker

Anybody been up Lao Shan/崂山?

After years of hoping to visit Mt. Lao I'm finally getting a chance. I'm planning to spend three nights there. Has anybody got any tips or stories? Many thanks!

• Like 1

Ever been bitten by 8 mosquitos at the same time? Bring some mosquito repellent. I just went last week, so yes, the buggers are still up there ~_~

Edited by 子泰
  • Like 1

Whoa, great advice!

Do you know if any of the temples up there have quarters for visitors? Did you notice any out-of-the-way spots really worth a visit? Come across any adepts worth seeking out?

Thanks!

I only took one of the three trails, and didn't have time to goof around because I was rushed through the event (came with other people, big mistake). Didn't get to see many tourist sites. There are a bunch of trails that stray from the main path, you're bound to be able to find some and can explore them since you have so much time. I couldn't even visit the one Daoist monastery that I passed by on my way down :( it supposedly had a wall that someone walked through in the past. The temples should definitely have some quarters though, if you ask around. The only advice that I have for you that I've gathered from my short experience is to just enjoy the energy. And no adepts, just mosquitos. 

Sign in to follow this