4bsolute

Why we do not see the reality and how everything simply Is

Because we create.

Everytime we do create, we do so from our personal mind. This mind, through evolution, naturally blanks out everything else and focuses solely on his knowing. What it knows from past experience and from this, creates a possible future. This is literally a copy of God. But a so incomplete one, because at some point in history, human evolution, it decided to cut it's cord to all intelligence that there is (God, call it whatever, remains the same principle).

When you want to understand your thoughts you will naturally and effortlessly see that thought and thinking and personality and the total human life up to this point right now is one gigantic repetition. The reason is thought. I think. What do I think? I do not have something to think about so I step into this life and make experience, then I analyse it, what is good what is bad, what I want from it and what I do not want from it, I project in the future just that, fears and hopes from this very experience and repeat only that. Thankfully our bodies get tired and we sleep, there a reset happens, because our consciousness exists our mental body and when our consciousness enters physicality again we wake up and have the opportunity to slightly make different actions. Sleep is for the most part just here so our eternal loop of thinking gets abit more loose.

In order to understand everything in an instant, it is in our highest interest to stop creating. And perceive. Perception, awareness, consciousness - has it's source in our center, from there this energy goes into different senses lateron on to discriminate creation into various cathegories. But this pure state before it all, is pure awareness, pure perception.

When we allow ourselves to step into this place, we perceive everything as it is. Meaning that we stand infront of another human being and it speaks and makes claims and we feel the reality beneath it all. Why it speaks how it speaks, why it speaks what it speaks and mostly acts totally contrary due to misunderstandings. Meaning that mostly something is ever done because there is a negative aspect that does not want to be understood, rather negated and put something ontop that then makes it temporarily feel good again but beneath it boils. Example: I want to feel good and I went to the barber today and the whole story a person can give you how their day was and now is so much better with this new haircut - and you understand just and within an instant:

I do not love myself how I am right now, because of (individual reason here and a belief that something outside of me completes myself so much more than I ever could)

The chief reason of it all.

Stop with everything for once, forget your (personal human) self and step into all that is and simply... understand everything, right now. Stop creating means stepping out of our mental body, like we do at night, but mostly unconsciously. The process is the same, but now we do it with open eyes and see what is actually here, what we have Never seen before with our waking eyes... but was actually always here.

Make the direct experience with all of what I have written and be blown away by the majesty of this moment here and see (for) your Self

All the best

Edited by 4bsolute
  • Like 4

That's actually a rather nice post and a very important concept you spoke to.

I call it living spontaneously but I like the way you worked the concept.

• Like 1

Deserving of a bump.

Now the question arises of why one can never seem to get others to stop, and has to watch life stop them (or try).

More and more I find that you can slow down in other's precence and possibly it is infectious, but this is just a hope at this point.

Deserving of a bump. Now the question arises of why one can never seem to get others to stop, and has to watch life stop them (or try). More and more I find that you can slow down in other's precence and possibly it is infectious, but this is just a hope at this point.

Yeah this seems to be the case. We don't even stop ourselves if we're doing it right. Using thoughts to stop thoughts doesn't really work, so how it happens is really not a matter of one's own power. It's a mystery.

I think what you are saying is that the mind 'creates' because it holds an idea of past and therefore creates a future.  There is thought, analysis, and projection/future. 

We need to have 'Perception, awareness, consciousness', then "When we allow ourselves to step into this place, we perceive everything as it is."

Nicely said  :)

I view creation as an act of expression. Therefor I see creation as a tool for conscious evolution. 

Yes, but we have to be careful with this.  To create in one's mind something that is in direct conflict with their physical reality could be deadly.

I do agree with what was said above regarding thoughts.  As long as our brain is functioning we are going to have thoughts.  A key, I think, is to just allow them to arise and then fly away like little butterflies.  If we don't pay any attention to them they will eventually stop bothering us so often.

• Like 2

the analogy i hear a lot is 'the mind is a mirror' and therefore a dirty mirror reflects light in a way that creates a distorted image. so, in a way, that image is very much our own creation, through a filter, though we've continuously been aware of the source of the image too. if we concentrate hard enough we can kinda start to see where it was coming from more clearly, though the work in progress is cleaning the mirror.

• Like 1

Yes, but we have to be careful with this. To create in one's mind something that is in direct conflict with their physical reality could be deadly.

I do agree with what was said above regarding thoughts. As long as our brain is functioning we are going to have thoughts. A key, I think, is to just allow them to arise and then fly away like little butterflies. If we don't pay any attention to them they will eventually stop bothering us so often.

What thoughts are arising and why ?

If you have a lot of conflicting concepts and which are often quite raw, emotional triggers, then these conflicts will continually boil to the surface. In artists these thoughts are channeled into creative, physical expressions in order to realise the conflict in a material form.

Get rid of the conflicts and wrong headed ideas and the war is over. The only thing which comes to the surface is pure active expressions derived from cohesive integration instead of discord. An orchestra without a conductor in which all the music is an organic evolution of each musician, will be a discordant cacophony. It seems to be the case that people believe that by expressing themselves in this way, then eventually it will magically turn into a harmonious whole. It would be fine to believe that we could allow thoughts to evaporate, or fly away, but that's fantasy. It's actually a refutation of those thoughts which causes yet more thoughts to arise.

Edited by Karl

Interesting post but I will speak to only this:

What thoughts are arising and why ?

It would be fine to believe that we could allow thoughts to evaporate, or fly away, but that's fantasy. It's actually a refutation of those thoughts which causes yet more thoughts to arise.

Thoughts are a natural process of the brain.  If one's brain is functioning properly it will produce thoughts.  Yes, oftentimes creative thoughts.  But othertimes destructive thoughts.

Not a fantasy at all.  This is what empty-minded meditation will allow a person to experience.  And no, it is not denying the existence of the thoughts, we are just telling them to go outside and play in the street.  Cause and effect play an important role here but I do not have the capability to explain it well in words.

• Like 1

Yes, but we have to be careful with this.  To create in one's mind something that is in direct conflict with their physical reality could be deadly.

I do agree with what was said above regarding thoughts.  As long as our brain is functioning we are going to have thoughts.  A key, I think, is to just allow them to arise and then fly away like little butterflies.  If we don't pay any attention to them they will eventually stop bothering us so often.

Could you give an example?

Outside of thoughts, some people who create music experience silence. The act of the creation also creates silence for them. 

Edited by MooNiNite

Nice post 4bsolute.   Thinking / reasoning / logic  was elevated to high grounds in another thread, and this post has balanced that by pointing out the  shortcomings of thinking/logic/reasoning.  Could you clarify what you meant by certain statements i have quoted below ?  Not that i don't understand what you are trying to say, but i suspect a typo that could cause confusion in some.

Thankfully our bodies get tired and we sleep, there a reset happens, because our consciousness exists our mental body .......

.......Stop creating means stepping out of our mental body, like we do at night, but mostly unconsciously. .......

"Why we do not see the reality and how everything simply Is ?"

Lot of us do not live our daily lives with the realization that there is no true distinction between a dream and what we call commonly as "reality" in the mundane sense of the word.   True reality of nature/mind  contradicts  the  common usage of the word  "reality"  in  current world, in this generation.  When humanity  is able to go about normal lives/daily actions,

• with  the  continual  realization of  (what we call commonly as)  "reality"  is simply an extension of  dream,  
  • our thoughts  (in their core/essence)  are  "dream-like"  in nature,  
  • our thoughts have their root in our conditioning (as humans, as human minds) 

then humanity would live in a higher god-like  state.   The purpose of discussions in  forums like these is to slowly/steadily  elevate humanity  to  that  evolution,  to that  higher  divine  state of  society.

Interesting post but I will speak to only this:

Thoughts are a natural process of the brain.  If one's brain is functioning properly it will produce thoughts.  Yes, oftentimes creative thoughts.  But othertimes destructive thoughts.

Not a fantasy at all.  This is what empty-minded meditation will allow a person to experience.  And no, it is not denying the existence of the thoughts, we are just telling them to go outside and play in the street.  Cause and effect play an important role here but I do not have the capability to explain it well in words.

If you have no conflicted thoughts there won't arise destructive thoughts. You can meditate and over time the number of thoughts/dark quality of thoughts may diminish. However you must then plug in cause and effect. The mere fact that you have developed the will to confront the situation is a big chunk of the difference made. The meditation reinforces the commitment to seek a way out. Practice is really nothing more than the commitment made into an action. Then, most people are practicing over a period of time. I'm in a completely different place now I'm 8 + years older than I was.

As we grow older our strong ego slips away. The reality is that we can't afford a strong ego because the body is ageing, there is consolidation of finance, less interest in running after pretty girls, less need for the trapping of a hedonistic lifestyle. We are older and less competitive. This means we have less trouble trying to keep up with peer groups. Our tide is ebbing and what was once important is less so. Thoughts run at a gentler pace. I'm generalising here, but that seems true of myself and most people I know.

Letting go of thoughts is easier if there is no precedence for the thought. It's like John Cleese said in clockwise "it's not the failure, but the possibility that makes for pain". There is a point that hope is gone and therefore the thought is not strong. Younger people struggle to let go of thoughts, they don't even know they are having thoughts, mostly it's just emotional reaction and competition that drives them. It's only when you begin to realise the world doesn't conform to the way you would like it that there arises sufficient introspection to begin to discriminate thoughts from emotional reaction.

• Like 1

Marblehead said:  To create in one's mind something that is in direct conflict with their physical reality could be deadly.

Could you give an example?

Sure.  Let's see.  I am driving my car in the left hand lane as I plan to turn left in a couple blocks.  On my right I see a drug store and remember (a thought) I needed some Vitamin C.  I quickly change lanes toward the right and collide with another vehicle.  Because the traffic is heavy and moving just over 50 MPH two vehicles behind us don't have the time to stop and collide into us.  I and the driver of the vehicle I hit are instantly killed and those who hit us are severely injured.  All because I took action on a thought without considering the consequences.

Outside of thoughts, some people who create music experience silence. The act of the creation also creates silence for them. 

Yep.  I remember the story Leonard Cohen told about his composing the song "Bird On A Wire".  He said he knew what he wanted to write the song about but couldn't establish a beginning.  His mind went blank (silence) and started looking out the motel window.  Power lines were in view and a few birds flew up and perched at various places on a number of different wires.  Leonard said he looked at how the birds were positioned and knew immediately that they presented the opening score for the song.  And, "Like a bird on a wire" was used for the opening of the lyrics.

• Like 1