Sign in to follow this  
LAOLONG

tonight full supermoon eclipse

my mom has been into the astrophotography for the last several years. here's the moon from the other night from our front yard (through a telescope mind you).

ydcyFke.jpg

• Like 2

my mom has been into the astrophotography for the last several years. here's the moon from the other night from our front yard (through a telescope mind you).

ydcyFke.jpg

Lovely photo. We got fog. I had a hankering to do a bit of AP a few years ago when I bought the Dob, but I could see how easy it would be to end up as a gear head. Got a few blurred pictures of the Orion Nebula, the rings of Saturn and Juipiters moons by sticking the Camera to the eyepiece, but it really needs one of those fancy camera mounts, or a web cam/laptop/image registration software....and the patience of Jove, a tolerance for cold and no need of sleep.

• Like 2

Lovely photo. We got fog. I had a hankering to do a bit of AP a few years ago when I bought the Dob, but I could see how easy it would be to end up as a gear head. Got a few blurred pictures of the Orion Nebula, the rings of Saturn and Juipiters moons by sticking the Camera to the eyepiece, but it really needs one of those fancy camera mounts, or a web cam/laptop/image registration software....and the patience of Jove, a tolerance for cold and no need of sleep.

thanks i'll pass on the compliment. i stand corrected this moon shot was actually just a camera on a tripod - DSLR with some type of zoom lens. you can get really good results with minmal equipment, often almost as good as professional gear with a bit (a lot) of trial and error. that's all my mom ever uses is a DSLR in conjunction with a fairly average telescope on loan from the local astronomy club. she's developed techniques for getting the most out simple setups, here's one through the telescope taken with a point and shoot camera.

yZBrYvG.jpg

thanks i'll pass on the compliment. i stand corrected this moon shot was actually just a camera on a tripod - DSLR with some type of zoom lens. you can get really good results with minmal equipment, often almost as good as professional gear with a bit (a lot) of trial and error. that's all my mom ever uses is a DSLR in conjunction with a fairly average telescope on loan from the local astronomy club. she's developed techniques for getting the most out simple setups, here's one through the telescope taken with a point and shoot camera.

yZBrYvG.jpg

I was looking at going that way using a DSLR on a servo mount. The best I got with a simple point and shoot into the Dob-which I managed to get some colour into ...enlarged beyond good sense, terrible I know :post-113200-0-30348200-1443595759_thumb.jpegpost-113200-0-08508200-1443595801_thumb.jpeg

Sign in to follow this