Sign in to follow this  
vtrader125

Any tips on how to feel as if?

From what I have read about the law of attraction, we can change our perception of the world and opportunities by feeling as if the thing that we choice(instead of want)is already present is more powerful as opposed to just pure visualization(which borders fantasy).

Wanting implies lacking, so our truth comes from the life of playground of choices.

Anyone have any practical tips and exercises on how to do this well?

I'm guessing that emotionally you got be at a more neutral position. For example if you are depressed and feel hopeless you first step has to get to anger to get the emotions jump started then to a feeling of maybe about the thing?

Back to my question how to you guys real put power behind the feeling of as if?

Is it through and special meditation?

I also understand once you have made choice on something, you need to let go of the attachment of the end result and just feel the moment as already reached?

From what I have read about the law of attraction, we can change our perception of the world and opportunities by feeling as if the thing that we choice(instead of want)is already present is more powerful as opposed to just pure visualization(which borders fantasy).

Wanting implies lacking, so our truth comes from the life of playground of choices.

I'm guessing that emotionally you got be at a more neutral position. For example if you are depressed and feel hopeless you first step has to get to anger to get the emotions jump started then to a feeling of maybe about the thing?

I also understand once you have made choice on something, you need to let go of the attachment of the end result and just feel the moment as already reached?

There is a huge money making industry for people that believe in the law of attraction. Lots of people happy to take your money in exchange for hope. Affirmations, visualisations, circles of confidence, hypnotism are all used. In the war people wore lucky underpants and survived despite very low odds....so, it must have been the underpants ;-)

• Like 2

I don't really do law of attraction stuff...but it can help to have your list of things you want, and then ask yourself/imagine "how would I feel if I had this right now?"

As an example: "how would I feel if I suddenly got a check for $30,000 with no strings attached?" There might be feelings of shock and disbelief, and there might be feelings of ecstaticness and relief. It can help to write them down as they're experienced, as you keep asking yourself this.

In my experience, there are fleeting moments of really being able to feel as if it were true (and there are other moments of just stumbling upon your own mind and not being able to feel it), and in those good moments, the positive feelings are what help give power to the desire manifesting. At least that's one idea from a LOA book.

Another idea is that it's good in the beginning to focus on realistic desires. Getting $30,000 for doing nothing is less realistic than getting hired for a job that you have an interview with, for instance.

In my view, it's a challenging path to really go for LOA. You get your hopes really high, only to be dashed on the rocks of reality from time to time...just that is like a rollercoaster ride of drama, as compared to other spiritual practices that cultivate equanimity. Using your mind, your imagination, your emotions, self analysis, being responsible for what happens in your life...that's all REALLY draining to your energy sometimes. You're also "playing God" to some extent...not that we should be powerless beings, by any means, but it's like being given matches without having learned about the consequences of houses burning down first. We are messing with karma directly...perhaps if we aim strongly in one direction, our life kind of gets screwed up in other areas?

There's a lot to contemplate regarding it...or perhaps there's not, and we are really supposed to be using our minds to the full extent in order to live well.

Edited by Aetherous
  • Like 3

Memory is the gateway to this sort of imagination. You can directly search in your past for incidents in which the target emotion was present. With a little bit of success you can then engage your imagination more directly about what you wish to be experiencing.

Cheers.

• Like 1

:), well it works for me,

but only for small change! 

go figure.

LOL

I remember that one well. Always pick up the abandoned pennies to show you want money.

There is some truth in it. If you are the sort of person that hopes to win the lottery instead of working, then you get engaged with the practical effort of expending energy to gain energy. If you are the sort of person that sees money as 'the route of all evil' then it can train your mind to obliterate that thought by repetition.

So what me feeling "as if" I have billion dollars and women throwing themselves at me  ain't going to work then ;)

Damn you LOA for the false hope :P

On a serious note, for me it feels like I am not meant to have a good life, I'm not talking about a depressive feeling but a normal feeling, even when I feel more positive this feeling of not meant to be is there as normal.

So what me feeling "as if" I have billion dollars and women throwing themselves at me  ain't going to work then ;)

Damn you LOA for the false hope :P

On a serious note, for me it feels like I am not meant to have a good life, I'm not talking about a depressive feeling but a normal feeling, even when I feel more positive this feeling of not meant to be is there as normal.

If you had a billion dollars would you go to work ? In the end you can only do what you think you can do.

You have a life, therefore you already have the greatest gift possible. How you utilise it and what grace you can muster to realise his truth is down to you and no one else.

• Like 1

I also don't know anything about the law of attraction you refer to and I also don't see a difference between 'feeling as if the thing you choose, instead of want, is already present' and visualization. For me they are one and the same. 

In the tradition I'm working with, the approach is a bit different. It's not about working towards getting what you want, or avoiding what you don't want. It's about looking at the one who feels that something is lacking or feels threatened. When we are able to see through the hold that one has on our lives, we may find a place where we recognize that we already have everything we need. 

As long as we work towards and allow ourselves to be driven by our wants or aversions, we will never be satisfied. 

Sign in to follow this