voidisyinyang

Fungi will save the planet: Paul Stamets

Ive taken Stamets' lion manes product before. One of the few supplements that had a very percievable effect. Mushrooms are an interesting topic and can be very potent but a person needs to know exactly why they are taking it. Some can have huge effects on immunity, cognition, digestion etc. good stuff.

There is also the other side of mushrooms:

"The role of drugs in the exercise of political control is also coming under increasing discussion. Control can be through prohibition or supply. The total or even partial prohibition of drugs gives the government considerable leverage for other types of control. An example would be the selective application of drug laws permitting immediate search, or "no knock" entry, against selected components of the population such as members of certain minority groups or political organizations.

But a government could also supply drugs to help control a population. This method, foreseen by Aldous Huxley in Brave New World (1932), has the governing element employing drugs selectively to manipulate the governed in various ways."

~ Louis Jolyon West, Hallucinations: Behavior, Experience, and Theory. 1975. p. 298.

Karl we are not discussing magic mushrooms here its being presented for medicinal purposes. Reishi,  lions mane, ADHCC, shiitake, etc are all species that have non hullucinogencic properties that can be beneficial to both body and mind. Havent watched the video but I would assume thats what its about seeing as he sells supplements based on the medicinal variety, I think thats where the benefits of the fungi can lie for long term purposes.

Edited by bax44
  • Like 1

Karl we are not discussing magic mushrooms here its being presented for medicinal purposes. Reishi,  lions mane, ADHCC, shiitake, etc are all species that have non hullucinogencic properties that can be beneficial to both body and mind. Havent watched the video but I would assume thats what its about seeing as he sells supplements based on the medicinal variety, I think thats where the benefits of the fungi can lie for long term purposes.

I'm sure they can.