Golden Dragon Shining

Mystical Dew

I see Immortals nourish themselves with chi and dew? "imbibing dew" "breathing air" etc or similar

"clear sweet saliva" "spirit water", this dew is saliva, or both refined saliva and morning dew?

One is able to live on these substances.

morning_dew.jpg

Interesting topic, Sionnach. Dew is considered a bearer of celestial etheric forces (you might as well call them chi) in Alchemy.

Here is an illustration from the Mutus Liber. It shows dew being collected by sheets spanned over a meadow. The alchemists (the couple in the foreground) wring them out in order to use the dew in the Great Work, the pursuit of the Philosopher's Stone.

29ej1pi.jpg

Edited by Michael Sternbach
  • Like 2

Ganlu (sweet dew, sweet syrup) is an extremely important literary phrase in Chinese literature, even outside of Daoism.

It is a big idea and encompasses several phenomenon including the natural occurance of morning dew on grass,  a type of wine that the gods drink, a phase during meditation, a type of tea from sichuan, and a representation of law and order.

In terms of saliva, it has another name "jin ye," and is related to alchemy in early schools of Daoism, but deemphesized i post Lu Dongbin and the Zhonglv Jindan neiguan school separated external practices from meditation.

Lu Dongbin used ganlu to talk about the effect of the upper dantian and sky gate, after opening, feeling as though a type of sweet alcohol is condensing.  He said "the sweet syrup collects around the mountain top and must be overflowing... drink your longevity alcohol and listen to the music without strings... so free and unfettered, who could know why you are so happy?"

Ganlu even shows up in the classic of tea by lu yu when he says that drinking tea can clarify the mind like ganlu and purified butter (Daoist and Buddhist references both used here).

Whatever the heck ganlu is, it must have been pretty rad stuff eh??

• Like 3

I always thought such references were referring to the saliva of those who've gained enlightenment.  That it is alchemically transformed nourishing sweetness.

I was just referencing a post about it:

Another post that was in the Best of.. about bliss: (I think it was from Karen and/or AYP(?))

The yoga practice of Shambhavi Mudra 

Or, maybe we should call it amrita, the nectar of immortality. Before you conclude that I’m selling you some new MLM wonderdrink, let me begin by saying that you produce this magickal elixir inside your own head. You can’t buy it. Although, if I could bottle it, I would definitely try to sell it.

At the back of your head, just around the occipital ridge, south of Sahasrara chakra, you will find the Bindu chakra. From what I have read and can sense, this chakra releases a kind of mystical substance that flows down the back of the throat to be stored at the Vishuddha chakra (which was the focus of the last post), where it is stored before taking it’s final journey to it’s demise at the fire of the navel.

What is it exactly? Well, Wikipedia says it quite well, “In yogic philosophy amrita is a fluid that can flow from the pineal gland down the throat in deep states of meditation. It is considered quite a boon: some yogic texts say that one drop is enough to conquer death and achieve immortality. Modern neurochemistry holds that the pineal gland produces Dimethyltryptamine, a psychedelic tryptamine, which is probably responsible for our REM-dreams.“

Cool huh?  Now I’m gonna tell you how to access it…

I always teach my students when doing yoga to smile, but I rarely have the opportunity to say why.  Although this technique is more sophisticated than simply smiling, that is where it begins.

At the roof of the mouth is a point, that when you concentrate upon, gives you a kind of pratyahara, or freedom from input through the five senses.

That spot, which acts as a trigger for the bindu chakra (Dr, David Frawley calls it a “watery third eye”) is the meeting point of the five senses. By relaxing it, the mind ceases analysis of the objects in the five senses and the objects are free from mental definition, or grasping. At this point, a kind of compassion come over the spirit and it’s said that amrit drips down, releasing cosmic bliss.

Was that a mouthful?  It’s easy, try it:

Me>  Seems to me references to the sweet saliva after (certain) enlightenments run through several cultures. 

• Like 1

Thank you Innersoundqigong, very interesting. Celibate (no physical contact) and tantra (physical contact without release)? Tantra still causing a loss of energy/ misdirection?

I find I can collect a good amount of saliva from glands under my tongue. Haven't experienced from the roof of the mouth as yet.

"As for diet and celibacy - indeed the qigong masters fast one day a week and Wang Liping just eats a small meal a day - before noon - and this is the preference of the qigong masters also." + frequency (vibration) of foods (plant based)

I think food (some types more than others) can cause energy blocks, so with fasting all senses increase, the purity of the body allowing to what degree these senses are enhanced. Fasting high frequency protecting energy is interesting! Just how to maintain this "fasting" and keep physical energy high, your post going into this!

~

Thank you Michael intriguing image! both morning dew and saliva are distilled water, pure. Purifying the body allowing for the philosophers stone to be created/ pineal gland activated shining golden glow? Saliva may be the higher manifestation of morning dew...maybe morning dew leads to this more refined saliva.

~

Thank you sillybearhappyhoneyeater and thelerner, it appears this saliva is of great significance, the human body is a divine creation and my appreciation of it grows the more I understand of it's capacities...to what heights who can say? Subtle and powerful in many ways, how perfect creation is, many are not paying attention or abusing it, mindless, they believe error in design... really an error in their perception and behavior.

Edited by Sionnach
  • Like 1

I went a week on half a glass of water - because the third eye creates water that flows down - it is a reverse electrolysis of the qi energy. This is called "converting jing to qi" - it's dangerous but yeah that's the key advanced practice of immortal breathing. http://qigongmaster.com practices this as cave meditation for 49 days. http://springforestqigong.com did that also for 2 months.

• Like 1