Sign in to follow this  
Cameron

Lama Dorje's Astrology

I know, I know, I know, i know.

I said I wasn't posting on Taoist Discussion again this year.

But this is too interesting not to have our resident astrologers talk about.

Chris just said Max's birthday was yesterday, Oct 26..and he turned 47.

I don't know squat about Astrology..but I think this makes him a SCORPIO and a DRAGON.

Any Taomeows care to ellaborate?

Dude that is so innapropriate thing for you to say about my realationship with Max.

I mean if he wanted to hang out and do Snake Bagua in the park I wouldn't say no but crush is not the appropriate language.

I think you should visit the Man Love thread I recently created and get all those feelings out of your system.

Ok..no more posts this year.

Chris just said Max's birthday was yesterday, Oct 26..and he turned 43.

I think he turned 47. The website says,"...in 1966, at the age of six..."

scorpio.

big variation between being born in 1960 or 1964.

i don't know chinese astrology that's taomeows dept.

i remind us that he is not here to participate in this conversation "about him" :);) .

i say this in the friendliest way.

Edited by rain

Also,

I am guessing Max has reached the point of transending his personal astrology..but whatever..still sort of interesting..or not!

Also,

I am guessing Max has reached the point of transending his personal astrology..but whatever..still sort of interesting..or not!

i really should have joined the betting pool.

lol!

whats his favorite color??

does he like long walks on the beach?

Oh..excuse me! Your not allowed to be interested in the backround of a dude that helped open you(somewhat) and taught you the best practice you ever learned in your life.

No..to be interested at all in a man's astrological energies automatically means something else..

Get thee to the Man Love thread Christoff!

you guys are scarely close to divine!

whattayou need maxthe madhatter for?

curious souls...

Edited by rain

you should give his hour of birth too, it's kinda essential

this is very true.

The hour of birth info is crucial. Even the most basic Four Pillars reading has to take into account four, not three, Pillars of Destiny. Imagine Destiny as a building designed to rest on four pillars... then imagine removing one of the pillars... that's what the Four Pillars reading looks like without the Hour Pillar. It's not just "incomplete" -- it simply crumbles, it has no structural integrity and can't be interpreted correctly. So I can present raw facts but no reading:

Oct 26 1960 means

the year Pillar is Yang Metal Rat,

the month Pillar is Yang Fire Dog,

the day Pillar is Yin Fire Pig.

Each Pillar is comprised of a Heavenly Stem and an Earthly Branch. The stems in this incomplete reading are predominantly yang; phases of qi predominantly Fire-Metal. The overall Wuxing (Five Phases) picture can't be put together. What else... oh, one more thing I can tell: of the known animals, Rat, Pig and Dog neither form a harmonious relationship with each other nor oppose each other as enemies. They simply coexist in the subject's personality without helping or hindering each other. However, the fourth, unknown, animal might be horse, e.g., rat's enemy sign, or monkey or dragon, rat's friend/ally sign; or it might be snake, pig's enemy, or sheep or rabbit, pig's friend; and so on. Again, the complete picture can't be seen without the Hour Pillar.

Edited by Taomeow

Taomeow, where did you learn Chinese astrology? I was taught an introduction to Chinese polestar astrology by Liu Ming. Fascinating but I definitely had the sense that we BARELY scratched the surface. Unfortunately I'm not near Ming anymore and I'm not aware of any good books on the subject. Ming basically said there are no books in English where you can learn authentic Chinese astrology. Do you know of any decent resources?

Also, do you do full charts professionally?

Thanks,

Sean

Thanks for the link, Sean,

looks pretty cool. I know this stuff, although I'm no stranger to that "scratching the surface" feeling, it seems to be inevitable with all those taoist goodies... the more you know, the better you understand how little you know!

Below I will post a list of fairly reliable resources -- good luck exploring!

I occasionally do the Four Pillars professionally, but have never advertised and all my clients have been word-of-mouth referred. Please PM your info if interested. :)

Cat, I'll be happy to do yours too.

Now then...

Master Peter Leung

http://www.fengshuisos.com/

Director of the Toronto-based Feng Shui Association of Canada, Master Leung is a TCM (Tradition Chinese Medicine) practitioner specializing in the treatment of cancer and chronic diseases. Also, he is a master of and on-line instructor in TCM, feng shui, divination, astrology, and palm and face reading.

Master Raymond Lo

http://www.raymond-lo.com/

Master Lo offers worldwide professional training courses in feng shui and The Four Pillars of Destiny, a method of Chinese astrology. Lo is the author of seven feng shui books in English and in Chinese.

Master Joseph Yu

http://www.astro-fengshui.com/

Founder of the Feng Shui Research Center in Toronto, Canada, Master Yu offers on-line and worldwide in-class training courses in feng shui, Chinese astrology (The Four Pillars of Destiny and Zi Wei Dou Shu), and the Yijing. He is the co-author of the second edition to The Complete Idiot's Guide to Feng Shui (Alpha Books, 2002), and has co-authored The Complete Idiot's Guide to the I Ching (Alpha Books, 2001) with Elizabeth Moran.

Articles and Software:

Feng Shui Living

http://www.FengShuiLiving.com

The "doorway to feng shui" presents seminars, articles, Four Pillar readings, and feng shui consultations by the most respected feng shui masters worldwide. Maintained by Nancy Pond-Smith, the site offers books, luopans, and many other unique feng shui products.

http://www.geocities.com/heluoarticles

Serious students of classical feng shui visit his site regularly to download free articles about Xuan Kong feng shui, The Four Pillars of Destiny, and Nine Star Ki.

Chinese Astrology

Moderated by Ray Langley, this discussion group focuses on Chinese astrology and classical feng shui. Although beginners are welcome, this list is mainly geared toward those with a solid foundation of the aforementioned traditions. Ray offers an extensive archive with many translations of Chinese texts. For more information and to subscribe, go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/chineseastrology.

Fourpillars-Fengshui

Moderated by Peter Leung and Nina Wilson, this forum provides instruction and support for students interested in feng shui and The Four Pillars of Destiny.

For more information and to subscribe, go to

http://yahoo.com/group/fourpillars-fengshui.

I Ching Yijing

Moderated by Ray Langley, this group encourages discussion about the Yijing. For more information and to subscribe, go to

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/IChing_YiJing.

Recommended Reading:

Classical Five Elements Chinese Astrology Made Easy, by David Twicken.

Iuniverse.com, 2000.

Feng Shui: The Pillars of Destiny, Master Raymond Lo. Times Books International,

Singapore, 1994-2000. Can only be purchased at FengShuiLiving.com.

Four Pillars and Oriental Medicine: Celestial Stems, Terrestrial Branches and

Five Elements For Heaven, by David Twicken. iuniverse.com, 2000.

Edited by Taomeow

Sign in to follow this